1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
11329783_10152843670287344_3058480126538229750_n.jpg

Perfect likeness:lol

Epic Luke figure! Instant purchase! But it almost makes the ridiculously dark hair just that much more annoying. Figure it out Hot Toys, just LOOK at a freaking picture of his hair in the movie for crying out loud.

11377280_10152843670172344_6543872445602750398_n.jpg

Yes, but sorta no...

Jebus, they couldn't even get the shadows in the right place on the markings. Visor angles/proportions totally wrong and the hinge? Looks like someone made this thing mostly from memory without consulting reference photos, so great effort.

I don't think blonde hair translates that realistically to a figure. Maybe that's why they are leaning darker.

I don't think blonde hair translates that realistically to a figure. Maybe that's why they are leaning darker.

They could have at least made it as light as their newest Rogers figure.

KvDlAUG.jpg

Not a deal breaker it's just crazy that they make the hair on their figures perpetually too dark. Who's sitting over there going "okay, lets start painting up the blonde Luke proto! Pass me the dark brown paint please..."

Hot Toys really needs to release a variant of this in the Yavin award outfit. I'm loving that look, especially in the new comics.

The blonde hair translate fine. Real head scratcher that they probably look at a bunch of reference photos yet paint his hair that dark. Oddly enough, they did the exact opposite for Thor. His prototype photos had him with the perfect blonde hair color but his production piece was stripped of it. Given their history I doubt we'll get this sculpt with the correct hair color. Will probably come out brown rather than having any hint of blonde in there.

17609122034_a5f7b194b5_z.jpg

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible F...

Leia, Artoo and Threepio are a given at this point. Hopefully Tarkin, Greedo, an Owen and Beru set and a 1/6 X-Wing will happen.

*Pipe dream: 1/6 Millenium Falcon.

They wont do Greedo .. Sideshows is superb! Love mine.

Yeah, blonde does tend to just look like yellow paint.

What's also interesting is blonde or very light hair colors not existing in Asian populations - it would mess with the way you saw hair color.:dunno

Epic Luke figure! Instant purchase! But it almost makes the ridiculously dark hair just that much more annoying. Figure it out Hot Toys, just LOOK at a freaking picture of his hair in the movie for crying out loud.

11377280_10152843670172344_6543872445602750398_n.jpg

Looks like a real person in that photo. Amazing! Better than SS's X-wing version. Definite purchase.

He looks really good... I think in some angles the sculpt looks a bit off, but in others it looks spot-on. So, most likely it's about as good as it is going to get for Luke. I do think the Sideshow X-Wing Luke sculpt has a slightly better likeness... but I think we all know what will look better in production.

My only serious nit is the fabric on the tunic, it just doesn't look or hang right... I really hope HT can find a better material before he goes into production. And I'm guessing he's not final due to the ESB lightsaber being in the shots.

Found this repaint on eBay recently. Another reminder that SS sculpts are usually great, but let down by the paint apps...

NbshYnq.jpg

That's mine :lol But, an early repaint for me... so while that does look better than the stock head there are some fantastic repaints of the sculpt that show how nice it really is. I think it's a great likeness of Luke, but a bit too determined to work well for the character. And of course it's a bit oversized and has zero skin texture.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible F...

They wont do Greedo .. Sideshows is superb! Love mine.

I can see HT getting to Greedo eventually - he'd be a fun figure. I wasn't a huge fan of the SSC one (I owned it and sold it) - the head is a great Rodian sculpt but doesn't look much like Greedo; even the color is way off. Also, not sure why they went with parachute material to replicate a quilted leather suit.

Yooooo I swear the actor himself could shrink down to 1/6th scale and some of you would still find issues with it :lol

Some of ya are just ridiculous man :lol

Back