1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking about getting the Jnix Luke sculpt as an alternative, perhaps to use with X-Wing Luke or the Stormtrooper Luke, but I don't really like the sculpt all that much. The expression is also very bland whereas the Han definitely had more character to it.
I was happy with my Farmboy Luke to begin with, so I just won't let others opinions sway my own at this point.

FWIW, got an email yesterday that my wait list for the Exclusive converted. I didn't think there was much chance for a conversion, but they must have found one buried somewhere in their warehouse. Got on Feb 3.

FWIW, got an email yesterday that my wait list for the Exclusive converted. I didn't think there was much chance for a conversion, but they must have found one buried somewhere in their warehouse. Got on Feb 3.

Wow! Congrats, Dude!

Sent from the Bat Cave

I really wish that my reservation on the Luke in Stormtrooper disguise get converted... I feel like it might too much to hope for since the waitlist has been up for a long time now. Also, I haven't heard of anyone that has converted :( Do you guys think they might ship out another batch of figures since a lot of people have signed up for the reservation or do you think that it's all hopeless? Sorry if this is posted on the wrong topic, but I couldn't find any topics about this one :)

You have to realize that these pics are blown up to 10x. In hand Han has no shinyness and blends in with the HT body perfectly.

I've had Luke for about two weeks and finally decided to take him out of the box last night. I must say, I'm a bit disappointed... Everyone goes on and on about how amazing Hot Toys is, so I was excited to receive my first Hot Toys figure. It's probably the least-accurate, most awkward looking figure in my collection. He doesn't look as good as my Threezero figures unless I pose him perfectly, and posing him is another story altogether due to the outfit plus the stand (anyone else hate the stands? I can't even get him to stand properly. Freaking sucks).

My main disappointment, however, is no head or neck articulation?? How are you supposed to make a figure look amazing when you can't even move the head or neck? Last night I felt like I was about to tear Luke apart twisting his arms and torso around just to get him to look decent, whereas adding head + neck articulation would have helped with that tremendously. I honestly was not expecting that, and I guess I didn't pay attention to it in the reviews I had watched. If that's the case with all Hot Toys figures, Obi-Wan will be my only other purchase from them. Luke is a decent figure once you get him posed correctly (and I'm still nowhere close to satisfied with my current pose, which is why I haven't taken pictures yet), but for around $230 I can't justify buying the others when my cheaper Threezero figures look just as good, if not better.

Also, this is just me venting. I'm not trying to hate on Hot Toys or totally trash the figure. I've heard that Obi-Wan is a lot better, so I'll probably get him and then stop for a while.

He actually does have articulation at the base of his head. It just needs to be broken in a bit. I can get him to look up, tilt his head, turn it to the side, and tilt it down a bit. Try pulling it out a bit.

Luke is not the best of the OT star was line so far. In terms of outfits and ease of possibility Han and Kenobi might be a bit higher on the list.

I do like this figure, but I think it's probably the weakest figure of the ANH line in terms of likeness in my opinion.

Luke is not the best of the OT star was line so far. In terms of outfits and ease of possibility Han and Kenobi might be a bit higher on the list.

I think Luke is the easiest to pose. I have trouble getting Han's arms to do what I want. There's not a ton of articulation in the arms and shoulders.

I think Luke is the easiest to pose. I have trouble getting Han's arms to do what I want. There's not a ton of articulation in the arms and shoulders.

I think what I meant is that the outfit combined with the articulation isn't a struggle to get looking good with Han as the outfit is pretty solid and tight fighting. Luke's tunic can be a struggle to look nice. The elbow articulation is certainly better on Luke as it's double-jointed. Han's head has better articulation despite them both having solid chest/necks.

Yeah, I felt that I couldn't get Luke's head into the natural poses I wanted. In hand I was happier with the likeness than I thought I'd be, but I actually think the stiffness of the body affects how "Luke" the figure looks because he just doesn't pose great at all.

Also, the tunic was way too short - I swapped mine for the Hasbro one :)horror) and it looked better; longer below waist and at sleeves, more baggy and oversized. I still think the boots and pants are the wrong color - too grey, not sandy enough.

The whole human HT SW OT line is pretty ordinary. Four figures and not a single one I reckon was worth it.

He actually does have articulation at the base of his head. It just needs to be broken in a bit. I can get him to look up, tilt his head, turn it to the side, and tilt it down a bit. Try pulling it out a bit.

I'll have to try that. I also had trouble attaching the battery powered arm. I couldn't get his regular arm to come off no matter how hard I tried. All I could get off was the plating around the joint. I didn't want to break it, so I gave up since it doesn't really matter what arm he has. I'll probably never use the battery feature anyway.

This is a GREAT figure- the HS is great but the hair is too perfect (smooth) and too dark in color which throws the look off. Hard to do a solid hair sculpt when his hair was usually messed up in most of the film- guess only rooted hair might work..

Back