1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sculpt looks like a caricature of Luke. Those eyes... HUGE.

The hair looks great though.

I prefer my stock Tom Cruise sculpt, that looks a lot like Luke Skywalker.

attachment.php

Also, the eyes make him look a lot like Rami Malek.
robot10.nocrop.w529.h311.jpg

It's hard to judge that sculpt with the terrible paint apps. Those eyes. Geeesh!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you related to Pixel Piper? ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, but I'm 90% sure my use of the word caricature in that post came from the detour in the Leia thread! :lol

When I see these custom sculpts, I just don't think they're good enough for me to want to spend more money on already expensive figures.

I think I'd like to see a Jnix sculpt painted at least with the same techniques as some of the bootleg/custom sculpts you get from Hong Kong/ China. They tend to come out looking really close to Hot Toys in terms of that "matte" finish.

I think I'd like to see a Jnix sculpt painted at least with the same techniques as some of the bootleg/custom sculpts you get from Hong Kong/ China. They tend to come out looking really close to Hot Toys in terms of that "matte" finish.

They did it with the MJ Choi custom Indiana Jones.

I think Jnix is not as good of a photographer as he is a sculptor, though. Trouble is, once some of the great photographers on here get the sculpt and are showing off how great it is in hand it will be too late to order!

Pictures do not do his sculpts justice. Han is spectacular in hand.

Han is spectacular, one of the best sculpts I've ever seen. But Luke just doesn't work for me, at least, not with this paint job. I'd be interested to see some more paint ups to see if the sculpt is spot on or just close.

I'm with Tom with this one. Was pretty blown away by Han (in pics and in hand), but haven't seen enough to make me purchase Luke.

There will be several other Luke figures and I don't know that Farmboy Luke would be the one at the top of my list anyhow--certainly don't want them all.

One thing I'm curious about is why are Jnix sculpts always so shiny? Han and now this one often look sweaty or damp. Is it the paint or the resin/plastic?

Han isn't shiny. The hair has a nice just -matte-enough finish. I really like the finish on the skin - a technique that I've seen a few people doing. It almost has a translucent "layer" over it - not matte, which looks flat, and not the HT "velvety" finish. Real skin has that layer of oil on it which causes some low "shiny" reflection with lights on it - that's what this looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back