1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Wow, for so many years there was nothing but garbage for a Tatooine Luke, now...

w0m5s.png

X-Wing Luke looks so sickly. That HT Luke just looks sick. It's unbelieveable how good they got it.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

$185 USD in HK for the Exclusive. Betting it'll be around $235 on Sideshow.

That's not too bad I suppose. The exclusive is definitely worth the $24 NRD they going to attach.

Looks great. That sculpt is spot on. And the Jedi training set up is a nice suprise. Cant wait to get this one in hands.

X-Wing Luke looks so sickly. That HT Luke just looks sick. It's unbelieveable how good they got it.

Yeh, I'm not as familiar with Hamill's exact features in SW as the hard-core fans are, but some of those promo pics could just about be movie stills.

Love this shot in particular. Looks like the movie promo shots the characters had for the movie back then.

11377280_10152843670172344_6543872445602750398_n.jpg

luke-skywalker-still-of-mark-hamill-in-razboiul-stelelor-large-picture-clipart-render-la-guerra-de-las-galaxias-george-lucas-star-wars-episode-episodio-iv-vii-walt-disney-1595256767.jpg

Yeh, I'm not as familiar with Hamill's exact features in SW as the hard-core fans are, but some of those promo pics could just about be movie stills.

A lot of the problem SSC has is with the paint. I'm sure there is a good sculpt there. HT though has got their poop together when it comes to the paint apps.

So here is the inevitable question. Cancel the SSC X-Wing Luke and wait for HT to make one or buy another HS to replace SSC's?

Specs:

Hot Toys – MMS297 – Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope 1/6th scale Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure Specification

~ Movie Masterpiece Series ~

The 1/6th scale Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure specially features:

- Authentic and detailed likeness of Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope

- Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed skin texture

- Body with over 30 points of articulations

- Approximately 28 cm tall

- Interchangeable hair sculpture for wearing hat

- Eight (8) pieces of interchangeable palms including:

- One (1) pair of fists

- One (1) pair of relaxed palms

- One (1) pair of palms for holding lightsaber

- One (1) gesturing left palm

- One (1) left palm for holding blaster

- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:

- One (1) off-white colored tunic

- One (1) brown-colored belt with pouches

- One (1) pair of light beige-colored pants

- One (1) pair of light grey colored boots

Weapons:

- One (1) LED-lighted blue lightsaber (white light, battery operated)

- One (1) lightsaber hilt

- One (1) long rifle

Accessories:

- One (1) hat with goggles

- One (1) brown colored poncho

- One (1) pair of binoculars

- One (1) training helmet

- One (1) training remote

- One (1) droid caller

- Specially designed figure stand with Luke Skywalker nameplate and movie logo

Special Edition – Bonus Accessories (for selected markets only):

- One (1) Stormtrooper belt with grappling hook and communicator

- One (1) blaster rifle

Artists:

- Head Sculpted by Kojun

- Head Painted by JC. Hong

- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong

Release date: Q1 – Q2, 2016

I wouldn't hold my breath on a HT X-Wing Luke.

giphy.gif

In all seriousness, they nailed the sculpt. When looking down, he looks fierce and determined, and looking up, he has that sense of wonderment.

So this puts the line at 10 for A New Hope.

1. Han Solo (MMS261)
2. Chewbacca (MMS262)
3. Han and Chewie set (MMS263)
4. Stormtrooper (MMS267)
5. Stormtrooper Set (MMS268)
6. Shadow Trooper (MMS271)
7. Darth Vader (MMS279)
8. Obi-Wan Kenobi (MMS283)
9. Space Trooper (MMS291)
10. Sandtrooper (MMS295)
11. Luke Skywalker (MMS297?)

Leia, Artoo and Threepio are a given at this point. Hopefully Tarkin, Greedo, an Owen and Beru set and a 1/6 X-Wing will happen.

*Pipe dream: 1/6 Millenium Falcon.

At the very least I could see them doing a 1/6 scale cockpit of the Falcon

As overwhelming as it seems, it would sell. They actually need a project like that to make them stop being afraid of ambitious undertakings.

That'd actually make for an interesting Diorama series piece. They're doing all the key characters that would go in there anyways.

If they were willing to produce a 1/6 scale Bat I could see them seriously doing this. It would be insanely big though. At least big enough to fit 2 seated figures (one being Chewy) and room to stand/crouch 3 more figures.

With this release they at least have all the players for the Death Star approach.

Wow, this totally caught me out of left field! Han and Chewie made me think they were kind of rushing these guys out...I mean, Chewie looks solid, and Han isn't bad...he's just not this. This is golden! Now it's just a question as to whether I go this route, or wait for Jedi Luke...this original set may be too tempting.

Back