1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you really think the SSC sculpt is that much better than the HT? What in particular do you think SSC did better?

The conversation becomes kind of a moot point because to repaint the SSC Head to the level it needs to be (the simpler the outfit, the better the head paint up needs to be) all up would cost you close to what the whole HT figure cost.

I don't think that there will ever be a spot on likeness of hamill that everyone or even a majority agrees is definitive because Hamill looks so different in various scenes. Most everyone has a different remembrance of his appearance, from the color/style of his hair to his facial structure, etc. I'm happy enough with this one, but look forward to see what hot toys does with jedi.

My Luke and company so far.

Fantastic poses of Luke and Han but i'd work on Chewy and Ben a bit. Chewy looks more like Luke's partner there and I think old Ben would be better served marveling at Luke's awesome abilities/pose with a nice chilled reflective stance.

It's certainly true that neither portrait is "perfect "...this HT one does look real good. ..at least I think so.

View attachment 245181

Fantastic close up of Skywalker but i'm more interested in what is going on behind him. What are the the 3 light beams that look like a wall from the future?

edit:
oh **** it's a blind isn't it. haha:monkey4:slap:horror:lol

Last edited:
Do you really think the SSC sculpt is that much better than the HT? What in particular do you think SSC did better?

It was a great sculpt with unfortunate production ruination.

b0901796bf99301b69c37efb7edd1689.jpg

I wish HT had included a right had for gripping his blaster. That's my only minor complaint. This is a great figure!!

I am looking for a suitable eBay body to make a ceremonial Luke using the HT head. I want the proportions to look right. Is the HT body more of a narrow shoulder or slim?

a47aa50d7ae6cca5c24d0d3e58c78790.jpg
d6a87743c1e6f61ffa4d20da921fe268.jpg
b294fddc3cfc0e20dc00401e2c622446.jpg
7fbf96976881c5298aef0fc40bafbec2.jpg
c751638583cc821191a942b8abbc4b0d.jpg

I played around with the SS R2, and it looks great with Luke!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He does indeed, john72tex...great collection of shots there...

Here's one more while I'm still out here...had fun snapping some outdoor shots with this figure...

HT-ANH-LUKE-PONCHO-001.jpg

Last edited:
Great shots, guys. John, can't help but feel like Luke is showing R2 some kind of rash he's got going on in his groin region in that last shot. "Hey, R2 shine your spotlight over here, should I get this thing checked out?"

Back