1/6 Hot Toys - MMS290/D10 - Avengers: AoU - War Machine Mark II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - War Machine Mark II

With the 43 at $350 was it? This can probably got for $375 or $400 if they wanted to. For the people looking to buy, I hope not.

Howard Chan: How many unsold IM3 - War Machines do we have in the warehouse?

HT Worker: About 800 or so...?

Howard Chan: Throw in the IP head, repaint it, ship'em out as a limited edition. I'll be in the Quinn Jet. HC out.

I am tempted as I want a war machine in the collection. Mostly sad I missed Mk1 or Milk.
If he is badass in the movie and the price is the same as the IM3 version then I might cave. I'm holding out for one figure aside from the main guys so this is competing with vision, hawkeye, and Thor for me.

If they'd made the silver parts the bluish-grey seen in the HT busts, then maybe I would have sold my IM3 War Machine.

As is, I don't think i'll get this one. The lack of the red highlights is tempting but not enough. Plus I prefer matte to gloss.

so when this will go up for pre-order?

wow i just saw this on fb and lol'd when i saw its just the IM3 version recycled, HT has no shame :lol

This could've been so much better....

...if they never even bothered making it. :slap What a joke, lol.

It's the design Marvel is going with for the movie... It's not HT's fault that Marvel is deciding to ignore that it was supposed to be in Iron Man 3.

Ahhh, patience is a virtue! :yess: This is on my must have list.

I know this is a bit strange...but whether I buy this or not depends on if Rhodey makes it out of the film alive or not. I've got IP but no War Machine yet. The lack of open helmet on the IM3 version put me off it and led me to Patriot instead.
I prefer the bulkier look of Mark 1 so if he makes it out of AOU, then I'm gonna take a gamble that there will be a Mark 3 in Civil War or Infinity War and get that instead.

because i own the IM3 version, this is an easy pass. I do wish they offered a separate head sculpt...in fact, Hot Toys should sell every headsculpt as a line of accessories. they would make bank and please the hell out of collectors

Q2-Q3 ... I was hoping for a bit sooner than that. I gave them a pass for Mark 43 on the repaint because they actually made some improvements... This armor is exactly the same as the last 3 times they used it. Shouldn't take that long :impatient: :lol

Hot Toys said:
The 1/6th scale War Machine Mark II Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness as War Machine Mark II in Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Helmeted head sculpt with authentic likeness of Don Cheadle as James Rhodes
- Interchangeable helmeted head with LED light-up function (white light, battery operated)
- Metallic black and dark silver colored armor with white decals
- Approximately 31 cm tall
- Over 30 points of articulations
- Contains diecast material
- LED-lighted eyes and Arc Reactor on chest (white light, battery operated)
- Seven (7) pieces of interchangeable palms including:
- One (1) pair of palms with movable fingers and light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of repulsor palms
- One (1) saluting right palm
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Weapon:
- One (1) rotatable machine gun at the back

Accessory:
- Specially-designed figure stand with War Machine nameplate and the movie logo

Release date: Q2 – Q3, 2015
**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice
**Battery included for collectible figure, button cells are required

This kinda threw me off, it's the only place on the website they made that mistake.

Copy/Paste

wm.jpg

It's an exclusive as in it's only available exclusively through Sideshow or through Secret Base like the Hot Rod and other exclusives in the past.

And for that reason I am going to pass due to the cost of importing from SS to the UK as it is really only worth it if there is something included worth the extra money (either an exclusive item or a must have figure in general).

I have passed on other SS Ex figures in the last year including Hot Rod which I found really cool based on price, and I am considering cancelling my waitlist for Stealth; its just not worth spending my finite money on paying import charges when it would be better spent on figures I really want and often can be found cheaper in the UK (there have been a few which you get a saving on lately making the extra couple month wait worth it).

I know this is a bit strange...but whether I buy this or not depends on if Rhodey makes it out of the film alive or not. I've got IP but no War Machine yet. The lack of open helmet on the IM3 version put me off it and led me to Patriot instead.
I prefer the bulkier look of Mark 1 so if he makes it out of AOU, then I'm gonna take a gamble that there will be a Mark 3 in Civil War or Infinity War and get that instead.

That makes sense, although even if he bites it I would still rather pick up either an older Mk1, wait for a possible DC re-release (its not out of the realms of possibility if they ever redo the MkVI) or they could pull something where someone else takes on the WM mantle, especially if I had IP already.

Depends on price though, I do like the suit despite not being how I imagine the War Machine, as well as if anyone like Collectables Direct get a hold of it otherwise I may stick to my original thought of picking up Patriot and / or an older IM2 version.

I have passed on other SS Ex figures in the last year including Hot Rod which I found really cool based on price, and I am considering cancelling my waitlist for Stealth; its just not worth spending my finite money on paying import charges when it would be better spent on figures I really want and often can be found cheaper in the UK (there have been a few which you get a saving on lately making the extra couple month wait worth it).

On that note, how are places like Collectibles Direct and other UK stockists at getting these exclusives? There's never been an exclusive I've been tempted to get..

On that note, how are places like Collectibles Direct and other UK stockists at getting these exclusives? There's never been an exclusive I've been tempted to get..

Lee at collectablesdirect in the past had been able to offer exclusives but he wasn't able to get Hot Rod or the stealth MK7. Really depends if it's exclusive to sideshow or not

alright i dont have WM, but cmon the price is like the flipping price of WM1 . and what is the exclusivity about this WM AOU?

Back