1/6 Hot Toys - MMS290/D10 - Avengers: AoU - War Machine Mark II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still undecided on this. I bought 43 and have 42, I own IP and do I want to buy another repaint? I like it but $300 on a repaint is holding me back plus we're getting a MKII WM for Civil War.

Still undecided on this. I bought 43 and have 42, I own IP and do I want to buy another repaint? I like it but $300 on a repaint is holding me back plus we're getting a MKII WM for Civil War.

Exactly how I feel. I had to cancel my War Machine because of the same reason, I even had him for the 20% off and it came down to $290 something. I still feel it is too much for a repaint specially if you own either the patriot or the IM3 version. If you never had a war machine then yeah but for us, I guess it's better to wait for a different look so at least we can justify the purchase.

Which is why I'm struggling. I don't own any IM or WM but already have Mark 45 on order. I really like the 43 but trying to determine which way to go.

Which is why I'm struggling. I don't own any IM or WM but already have Mark 45 on order. I really like the 43 but trying to determine which way to go.

If i didnt own any WM id definitely buy this one but I own IM2 WM and IP and CW WM is going to be different so I struggle buying this one even though it looks great.

Just like Bjjer said if we didn't own any war machine we will all over this guy even though he is pricey. Who knows how much the civil war version will be? Having ip makes it a bit harder to justify a $300 repaint, but if have no wm this is the way to go.

While the price is high on this one, he still has all the diecast that the Mark XLII and XLIII have...
without going cheap like the Mark III. He has the Rhodey helmet sculpt and a far better paint job
than the Iron Man 3 Mark II version.

After studying that Civil War pic of team Iron Man, I think the Mark III War Machine is too organic, like the
Mark 45 and 46... that is why I chose this as my definitive War Machine. Cannot wait until he shows
up on Thursday!!!

While the price is high on this one, he still has all the diecast that the Mark XLII and XLIII have...
without going cheap like the Mark III. He has the Rhodey helmet sculpt and a far better paint job
than the Iron Man 3 Mark II version.

After studying that Civil War pic of team Iron Man, I think the Mark III War Machine is too organic, like the
Mark 45 and 46... that is why I chose this as my definitive War Machine. Cannot wait until he shows
up on Thursday!!!
Great choice. It is a great figure.

Alright, got him yesterday. Blown away by the detail, even if I did have a paint defect which was a solid 4 on his shoulder decal (which I've corrected). Not been able to take that many decent shots of him yet with his eyes and chest being so bright. I noticed something inside the visor, little fabric tabs on either side. This allows you to have the visor up, in the position shown at the end of AOU. Don't really need to use the magnets.

image.jpg

The magnets on the face plate are a real hassle! :gah:

Gonna try your method to see if it stays.

The removeable faceplate on mine had a big paint chip, so SSC sent me a replacement even though I noticed it after the 30 day return period. They're some good folks.

Alright, got him yesterday. Blown away by the detail, even if I did have a paint defect which was a solid 4 on his shoulder decal (which I've corrected). Not been able to take that many decent shots of him yet with his eyes and chest being so bright. I noticed something inside the visor, little fabric tabs on either side. This allows you to have the visor up, in the position shown at the end of AOU. Don't really need to use the magnets.
Great photo as always Yoshi :clap

Had this a day in a neutral museum pose, moved his arm up rotating the shoulder slightly, shoulder armour flew off, pin flew out, spring flew out. I compared the pin to the other shoulders pin and it's clearly not the same, doesn't even fit. Requested a replacement. Hmphh

I just bought one. I didn't want to because I have IP but I'll display him with Maria Hill and I'm buying most of the AoU line anyway.

Back