1/6 Hot Toys - MMS290/D10 - Avengers: AoU - War Machine Mark II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just pre-ordered this and did a payment plan on him. Kinda bummed that you can't use anything but rewards points on pre-orders. Also, for some odd reason, even though my order went through, the site is acting really slow.

I just pre-ordered this and did a payment plan on him. Kinda bummed that you can't use anything but rewards points on pre-orders. Also, for some odd reason, even though my order went through, the site is acting really slow.

You can use coupons, just gotta wait 3-4 months and pray it's still available.

Tempted to use my reward points on this guy. Would hate to do that though and see him in the discounts section of SS for a full year after release.

That's how it works now, it seems... if you really want it, get it and don't look back, no regrets, if you feel like you can wait, then wait on it, knowing there could be a risk it'll go to WL when you won't be able to use your RP. It's frustrating yes, but the game keeps changing so you gotta adapt to it, that's the way I look at it.

That's how it works now, it seems... if you really want it, get it and don't look back, no regrets, if you feel like you can wait, then wait on it, knowing there could be a risk it'll go to WL when you won't be able to use your RP. It's frustrating yes, but the game keeps changing so you gotta adapt to it, that's the way I look at it.

Well... You're not wrong, haha.

:lol

:lol Everyone plays it differently. In regards to this figure, I already own the Mk1 and I think it best represents War Machine to me. I haven't seen the film yet but I hear his scene is awesome, but given I already have the version I like, I'm not really enticed by this one, especially if his screen time turns out to be a few minutes or so, which is my guess, but everyone has their own opinion, their own likes and dislikes, their own collections and what they want/need in them. :wink1: Just sharing my point of view. If only the figures were easy to flip... then again I'm not very used to selling... I made a few mistakes in the past <cough> IM3 <cough>, it's a learning experience, and I want to get rid of a few figures for space purposes and to save $$ for newly announced licenses that I want. I'm even having trouble deciding if I want to get the TDW Thor and make an Avengers collection but I'm not a fan of the new Hulk and I will eventually have 2 Avengers Caps and I don't know what to do with the spare one. And then there's the Star Wars collection that's a must-have, especially since it came out on my birthday. :thud:

Tempted to use my reward points on this guy. Would hate to do that though and see him in the discounts section of SS for a full year after release.

Well...I looked at it like I did with Agent Coulson. I missed out on Agent Coulson when the first Avengers film came out and by the time I was going to buy him, he sold out. Since AoU War Machine is ONLY on Sideshow Collectibles and I wanted the Rhodey headsculpt, it was a NO brainer for me to do it. And I did use some of my rewards on him too.

I think the figure looks great! I don't have a War Machine and I really want the Cheadle head sculpt. I can't wait for it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Most likely that shot was worked on first and things were changed along the way but got through using the old assets. Similar to how the VII had the old helmet in the suit up scene in Avengers.

The new warmachine maquette's paint job looks like rustoluem hammer forged paint, I for one would have loved this in 1/6

Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-War-Machine-Maquette-005.jpg
meatball.jpg
245217_0910_UNI_12oz_Hammered_Black_L.jpg

That's a big maybe at this point, will be a long wait until the end product hits customers hands and that's like a box of chocolates.

I absolutely hate that hot toys changed the airforce logo on this. It is so stupid looking, I understand that they would have had to pay a little bit of money for the license but if you are gonna do something, do it right and I will pay more!! And if you are gonna be to cheap to do it right, then leave the logo off all together so that us collectors that care about details could just slap a correct decal on there or paint the decal ourselves. Putting some fake stupid symbol on there is the most retarded decision I have ever seen a collectible company make!!! Hot toys you make your money off of people who love the little details and you go and do something like that!! Sorry for the rant, I just really hate that, so much more then the symbols being left off of my other war machine statues and collectibles. ****ing hell!!!

I absolutely hate that hot toys changed the airforce logo on this. It is so stupid looking, I understand that they would have had to pay a little bit of money for the license but if you are gonna do something, do it right and I will pay more!! And if you are gonna be to cheap to do it right, then leave the logo off all together so that us collectors that care about details could just slap a correct decal on there or paint the decal ourselves. Putting some fake stupid symbol on there is the most retarded decision I have ever seen a collectible company make!!! Hot toys you make your money off of people who love the little details and you go and do something like that!! Sorry for the rant, I just really hate that, so much more then the symbols being left off of my other war machine statues and collectibles. ****ing hell!!!

you-must-be-new-here-willy-wonka.jpg

Lol, I wish I was more shocked that hot toys did something stupid. I watched the movie in IMAX 3d tonight and **spoiler***it was awesome but they cut some of war machines suited up footage from the tv spot, hopefully he will have a bigger fight scene in the directors cut when it comes out. I really liked Rhodey in this tho, he had some funny parts.

Back