1/6 Hot Toys - MMS288 - Avengers: AoU - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it made me think, if i ever want to make a custom Adrianne Palicki Mockingbird, I'm definitely gonna use the Iron Man 2 Black Widow body and suit lol

They really need to get Bobby in the films so HT can make her figure.

It's pretty unlikely, if you consider Agent Maria Hill has now been in three movies and has yet to see a figure. You never know, but I don't see it, even with a cameo appearance.

Last edited:
I agree, after 3 movies for Hill I doubt we'll see one. Winter Soldier was probably the best chance for her to get a figure I thought.

My initial idea for a con exclusive of Maria Hill from the Avengers would have the figure, a pistol and 2 giant Helicarrier glass control panels on stands as accessories. My ideas was that if you have her, then if you also have Fury, you can pose the 2 of them standing in front of the control panels like they were on the bridge. But alas, HT didn't take my idea for Maria or the panels...

:hi5:

Widow is one of them certainly, so yeah it's kinda personal for me and does hit a nerve when we know that HT could and should do better. I hear you about X-men, especially Magneto.

Mystique is another of my favourites whom I would have loved to have gotten a 1/6 hot toy release. But of course due to the ownership fiasco we are unlikely to ever see figures from First Class, DOFP, or even Apocalypse and it's such a shame / gut punch.

Bats v Supes was always going to get a hard time after Nolans trilogy. Like it or loath it, he did (IHMO) set the bar pretty high and after performances from Ledger and T.Hardy, hell even Hathaway anything coming after it was going to be compared.

I'm actually more looking forward to Civil war and Apocalypse, but I will be going to watch it, and will go in open minded and without too much bias (I loved the nolan trilogy).

WW - We'll see, but I won't be picking up the figure, even if she's greta in the movie, just not a character I care about enough to drop money on. I don't doubt that she will sell well though, given the strong fan base.

The Fox licensing deal really sucks, especially when my favorite Marvel characters are almost all (save for Cap) in the X-Men and Fantastic Four universes. I've sadly gotten used to the idea that the only Fox character we'll ever see made by HT is Wolverine, and I don't even like him all that much. The worst part is that non-HT merchandise is affected too (no more new X-Men toys or statues). At least I still have all my 90's X-Men stuff; Disney can't (legally) take that away.

Civil War's probably the movie I'm most looking forward to next year; fingers crossed that Marvel sticks the landing on an epic Cap trilogy. X-Men Apocalypse I'm a bit iffy on (I've realized I don't like Singer directing X-Men movies anymore), but with McAvoy and Fassbender (for what may be their last turn in the roles), I'm there. Nolan set the bar high for the DC universe (I was also a fan), and if I'm at least entertained with Bats v Supes, I'll be content (Man of Steel sort of crossed that bar).

It's pretty unlikely, if you consider Agent Maria Hill has now been in three movies and has yet to see a figure. You never know, but I don't see it, even with a cameo appearance.

Maria Hill isn't an Avenger.

If Bobby joins the team she'll get a figure.

Ahem Fury, Coulson

Fury is the founder of the Avengers in the MCU. So no surprise there. Hell, he was in the poster for Avengers.

2cg8cw.jpg

Coulson was the fan favorite, featured in as many films as Fury and turned into the catalyst for the Avengers assembling to battle Loki and The Chitauri. The figure felt more than justified.

Hill is always a supporting character, strictly limited to SHIELD work. In AOU her role gets even smaller. Like most of the female love interests (Potts, Ross, Foster, Carter) HT just doesn't feel she warrants a figure. Frankly I agree because I wouldn't buy her and I own 8 figures from Avengers and still plan on buying the Chitauri set when it gets cheaper. I didn't pick up Fury or Coulson when most people did. Pretty sure Maria Hill would collect dust on SSC.

Black Widow had an Iron Man 2 figure, yet there was no Hawkeye figure for Thor. I know she was kick-ass and a scene stealer, but considering their purposes in the movies were similar, you'd think Hawkeye was just as deserving of a figure..

The Fox licensing deal really sucks, especially when my favorite Marvel characters are almost all (save for Cap) in the X-Men and Fantastic Four universes. I've sadly gotten used to the idea that the only Fox character we'll ever see made by HT is Wolverine, and I don't even like him all that much. The worst part is that non-HT merchandise is affected too (no more new X-Men toys or statues). At least I still have all my 90's X-Men stuff; Disney can't (legally) take that away.

Civil War's probably the movie I'm most looking forward to next year; fingers crossed that Marvel sticks the landing on an epic Cap trilogy. X-Men Apocalypse I'm a bit iffy on (I've realized I don't like Singer directing X-Men movies anymore), but with McAvoy and Fassbender (for what may be their last turn in the roles), I'm there. Nolan set the bar high for the DC universe (I was also a fan), and if I'm at least entertained with Bats v Supes, I'll be content (Man of Steel sort of crossed that bar).

It's ruining everything! :lol

There are a lot of X-Men characters from FC / DOFP I would definitely buy, be it 1/6 or 1/4 but as you say given the current situation it is highly unlikely that we will ever see anything other then Wolverine. It's a real shame/travesty as I would have killed to have one of those DOFP 'Future Sentinels', not to mention JLaw Mystique and of course Fass Magneto! :gah:

Civil War, save a scripting disaster I see being the best yet. X-Men Apocalypse, after DOFP I'm a lot more relaxed, I think it will be a good send off for McAvoy and Fassbender and JLaw :)crying) as Mystique.

"Nolan set the bar high for the DC universe"
"and if I'm at least entertained with Bats v Supes, I'll be content"
- :lecture Well said and that's my feelings on it too.

SNIKT:

I recognize that, but presently 'Bobby' is also not an Avenger. Irrespective of the characters history, you need to ask yourself - would 'they' really elect to bring her into play in the MCU now?

For me that is a simple and indeed quick: NO.

I just can't really see her joining the team, definitely not this side of Avengers 3 and not with Adrianne Palicki in the role.

This is all mostly 'DO WANT' stuff here so I get that you want a figure but I there hasn't been any cross overs from AOS yet, I doubt there will be any time soon, just MCU into AOS cameos from the likes of Sif.

As I said, you never know, but don't get your hopes up!

Black Widow had an Iron Man 2 figure, yet there was no Hawkeye figure for Thor. I know she was kick-ass and a scene stealer, but considering their purposes in the movies were similar, you'd think Hawkeye was just as deserving of a figure..

:lol Cmon Hawkeye had a tiny role in Thor and he was added post production too, not to mention they only made two figures from Thor but are still making IM2 ones.

I just bought this AoU Black Widow and I hope to get it by next week. I offered $255 and he accept! He's got on stock ready to ship!
Oh yeah! :yess: I'm excited to get her!

Fury is the founder of the Avengers in the MCU. So no surprise there. Hell, he was in the poster for Avengers.

2cg8cw.jpg

Coulson was the fan favorite, featured in as many films as Fury and turned into the catalyst for the Avengers assembling to battle Loki and The Chitauri. The figure felt more than justified.

Hill is always a supporting character, strictly limited to SHIELD work. In AOU her role gets even smaller. Like most of the female love interests (Potts, Ross, Foster, Carter) HT just doesn't feel she warrants a figure. Frankly I agree because I wouldn't buy her and I own 8 figures from Avengers and still plan on buying the Chitauri set when it gets cheaper. I didn't pick up Fury or Coulson when most people did. Pretty sure Maria Hill would collect dust on SSC.

No I think Maria Hill would be bought if the sculpt is perfect, especially for a female. We need more females. Also if you do more research into the character, she was more involved than you think. Member of not only SHIELD, but also Avengers and Secret Avengers. Not to mention commander and eventually director of SHIELD.

No I think Maria Hill would be bought if the sculpt is perfect, especially for a female. We need more females. Also if you do more research into the character, she was more involved than you think. Member of not only SHIELD, but also Avengers and Secret Avengers. Not to mention commander and eventually director of SHIELD.

We are talking about movie figures, not comics. So far her role has been diminishing with every movie. Hell, she received more screen time in season 2 of Agents of Shield. Hot Toys just don't make a lot of female characters.

Pepper have been in more movies than Hill and she still doesn't have a figure so that should give you an idea of Maria Hill on HT's to do list.

Well he is an Avenger, and had good screen time in Avengers.

Screen time has notoriously meant NOTHING in terms of Hot Toys producing a figure, which has frustrated their fans across every franchise imaginable.

Avengers did set the exception though, AOU may be next if they follow through with QS.

Back