1/6 Hot Toys - MMS288 - Avengers: AoU - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
11412406_1133994723281332_5198035588375409034_n.jpg

I'm speechless. :lol

With Black Widow and Cap I have been holding out for a better version... I guess with the AOU Cap, it's gonna be as good as it gets. With the Widow... I'm waiting for the next one.
But really, congrats to everyone getting this.

A better cap? How much better can you get than the AOU cap?

Even though I think AOU Cap is the best we've gotten so far, there's still room for improvement. He's a 9.5/10 for me.

Civil War Cap could become the definitive Cap with the scalemail and nods to the Star Spangled Man suit.

Hot Toys just posted a bunch of pics on their facebook. Now thinking really hard about canceling this. That dead stare and emotionless face just looks ridiculous in those action scenes they made. Also that hair....ugh. But how will my team look with Hulk, Cap, Iron Man, Thor (if he's ever released hehe) and Hawkeye but no Widow. Maybe just pretend she's in that jail with Ultron :lol

Even though I think AOU Cap is the best we've gotten so far, there's still room for improvement. He's a 9.5/10 for me.

Civil War Cap could become the definitive Cap with the scalemail and nods to the Star Spangled Man suit.

Damn, and here I was all ready to order this guy, and then you go and post something like this. All right, I'll wait for the Civil War Cap, but he better be good :)

One thing I couldn't pass is the fact that the body they used for this is not representative of Scarjo's. Anyone tried to change the body with previous BW? This is something I might want to do. Any guides on this?

Yes I've read somewhere that they share the same headsculpt. I believe the paint job and hair-style makes for the difference.

Different styles of collecting, different school of thoughts. I try to go for actor/actress-accurate headsculpts (at least from what I perceive). Some collectors prefer more accessories; and might go for the Avengers BW / AOU BW.

Unfitting looks in different lines, that really depends on personal perception and preference. I foresee myself doing a battle diorama using 'Infinity War' Thanos and my Avengers collection (all different lines now that I've realised lol)

My humble collection till date:
Tony Stark (Mark XLII Autonomous Prehensile Propulsion Suit Test Version)
Captain America (Age of Ultron)
Thor (The Dark World, Amoured version)
Black Widow (The Winter Soldier)
Bruce Banner (The Avengers)

Told myself so long as the headsculpts are MCU accurate, I'll compromise on the outfits.
Holding back on Scarlet Witch PO, but I suspect Hot Toys will re-use the same headsculpt for Civil War Scarlet Witch anyway :lol

Back