1/6 Hot Toys - MMS288 - Avengers: AoU - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gave in and ordered it but only because there is no NRD. If I find it cheaper I'll just cancel.

Ordered! $10 more than I was expecting, but that's the norm now with Hot Toys. Times have changed and I have to change with it. Lol

If so, I might put in a Forbidden Planet order. It will cost more but no NRD will be handy. If I decide I want it for sure I'll cancel and order from CDUK if she's still in stock.

People like you are clearly the reason for NRD.

Isn't this the same sculpt that TWS version has. Looks like the only difference is that hot toys gave it a haircut and styled the hair differently.

I'm in no hurry to order at this stage. I don't see it selling out anytime soon. I'm not sure why SSC didn't put an NRD on it considering they've been doing it with almost all the other figures in this price range and above recently.

$220 is pretty steep. This is the 4th version of the character, so I think they made a lot of accessories this time to entice collectors who already own any of the previous ones. Also a way of upping the price a bit by having it come with more items.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ordered with flex pay plan. I can wait for her while I have single payments on Cap and Hulk. No NRD on her though. I could wait until reward points kick in and such but those will likely be saved for Hulkbuster or another figure.

I do think that $220 seems like a bit much for her given that The Winter Soldier version was $190. This version does have quite a few more accessories though and the costume is a bit different so some extra cost is justified but I expected more like $210. Hopefully Hawkeye will be around the same price. I'll probably pass on this version of Widow or if anything I'll wait and see if she goes on sale eventually.

The sculpt does look like TWS, maybe other people can confirm. Looks like a lot of the AoU line is just reuse of old HS or repaints, unavoidable I guess, since it's basically the same characters over and over. Sadly, it is something I would expect if I'm buying cheap figures from Hasbro, but not a high end collectible, especially with HT prices continually rising.

Why don't you guys wait for a coupon code before ordering this? There's no exclusive, so there's no rush.

Why don't you guys wait for a coupon code before ordering this? There's no exclusive, so there's no rush.

Yeah I think I may do that. The other characters are still up for PO, so this will be too. Wait for next month's code and get her at a little bit better price.

I just want this. So. ****ing. bad.

4be9991a57dc3.jpg

Hawkeye-Mockingbird.jpg

Well, these are expensive collectibles, people have the right to shop elsewhere if they find it at a lower price, SS prices are usually higher. I only buy from SS because of the RP and I can get the figures as soon as they hit the US. Plus, there's a chance a figure might come out worse than it appears in the prototype pictures, like Stealth Caps, sure there was a lot of cancellations for that one, probably the reason for the NRD on AoU Caps.

Well, these are expensive collectibles, people have the right to shop elsewhere if they find it at a lower price, SS prices are usually higher. I only buy from SS because of the RP and I can get the figures as soon as they hit the US. Plus, there's a chance a figure might come out worse than it appears in the prototype pictures, like Stealth Caps, sure there was a lot of cancellations for that one, probably the reason for the NRD on AoU Caps.

It still doesn't excuse the fact that cancelations eat up space and people's time at the warehouse

HS is blah again but I like the new more colorful suit- even the body in these pics looks fuller like the real Scarjo but I'm assuming they will use the same skinny BW body all over again. No rush- these will be everywhere when it gets released.

Back