1/6 Hot Toys - MMS288 - Avengers: AoU - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$30 price jump for the accessories and Avengers tax? Damn, even though it's just $10 more than I expected, that's still a big jump.

I'm going back and fourth on this one. I do like it but I think if I can be patient and wait this one out it could be had for much cheaper down the line.:dunno The price also has me a little miffed. Re-used head should equal lower cost IMHO.

This price is about $10 higher than what I was expecting. So it comes down to the question of if I want the new suit more than the comic traditional one of TWS. Need to think on this one.

I'm going back and fourth on this one. I do like it but I think if I can be patient and wait this one out it could be had for much cheaper down the line.:dunno The price also has me a little miffed. Re-used head should equal lower cost IMHO.

You know there's a lot of work in the heads, right? They don't pop out a machine looking like that...
It takes just as much work to paint a re-use of an older sculpt, just as much materials, just as much manpower to assemble.
the notion that somehow their costs have drastically gone down because they re-use one part seems a bit strange.

What?!?!?
You've been moaning about it non-stop, lol, or agreeing with others who have been moaning.

:rotfl

:lol

It was always going to go up, since there's a repaint, a new outfit, and a lot more accessories than usual; however, it's definitely an "Everyone wants Avengers" jump, as I think it'd normally be $10 cheaper, even with the extra guns and beat sticks.

I'm pretty sure this will make me hold off for Civil War or Infinity Wars though. I'll debate for a little while longer, but that's the one advantage with these figures...always more attempts in the future (at least for another few movies!)

Assembling cost would be the same but the initial cost of the mold isn't there so they're saving money by not creating a new HS.

This figure makes AoA Captain America at $225 seem like a steal! You get an extra head sculpt a nice magnetic shield and a mask for $5 more than the widow.

This figure makes AoA Captain America at $225 seem like a steal! You get an extra head sculpt a nice magnetic shield and a mask for $5 more than the widow.

Yeah, that's why I figured this would land at $209.99...the extra $10 is pretty surprising. Even though it's just the cost of a meal at McDonald's or whatever.

Back