1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two questions:

1. Does the deluxe version include normal arm so that we can swap between normal and jackhammer?

2. Do you guys think the figure itself will be different, tweaked etc?

I am not sure whether I should sell what I have and buy deluxe version or just go for the accessories pack.

Keep your version, you have the OG. Just get the accessory pack. Plus now that there's a re-issue, it might not be worth trying to sell plus shipping.

Sorry if I missed this but where is the say that jackhammer are will fit on the existing hulkbuster. Is everyone assuming this or is it written somewhere because all I saw was that was a feature of this deluxe version hulkbuster

Sorry if I missed this but where is the say that jackhammer are will fit on the existing hulkbuster. Is everyone assuming this or is it written somewhere because all I saw was that was a feature of this deluxe version hulkbuster

Not written anywhere a I have seen

I wish they included ONE photo of it laid on a table, that way we'd have a better idea of how swaps out with the regular arm. But then it's probably best we don't go experimenting on our HBs ahead of getting this. :lol

The only time it was loose at a con, and it’s probsbly been changed, it looked a lot like a normal ball socket arm, except it had a plug in the center of the ball with a short wire.

Well they are selling a separate pack of just the arm and Veronica. Since the new version comes with these items the only reason to sell them separate is for the original owners.

CAC60467-4AE3-4BF8-822C-813D9261B5D1.jpeg

Well at least Hot Toys are smart and offered this. Imagine the outrage if they didn't :lol
I always had a suspicion something unique like this would have another release. The cost to develop then redesign it was likely a profit loss for the company.

It makes sense and I don't think it'll "pegwarm" but the first one kinda did.

However this one rides the wave of 1.0 and the desire to own it after 1.0 was in other hands.

I hope this means a few other reissues come out but I doubt it'll be something like this (thinking 89 Batmobile, DX11).

I'm very excited for this re release, i had to sell my original hulk buster last year to help my dog with some surgery bills, so this is perfect chance to get it again. I sold mine for about 1200 last year, so i figure if this one is around the same price I'll pull the trigger, maybe do payment plans too. Yes i understand it somewhat sucks that 1.0 will loose some value, but if you are trying to make money you are in the wrong hobby, there will always be a few gems worth double or triple but if you really collect you are almost never making any cash at all. And who can blame hot toys, they are a business, and all they have to do is watch the secondary market to get a good idea of what they need to re release. Look at the spider-man homecoming iron man, i passed on that when it was preordered as i suspect a lot of people did but now it has grown on me, but no way I'm paying what $800 or so for a new in box. Anyways this hobby is fun and that's why i'm in it. Reading everything this morning is awesome and fun, love the one guy who went off a few days ago saying they will never reissue. So bring on the reissues, bring on hulk buster deluxe, and lets hope they take more and more risks making crazy figures we never thought we would see. :):)

I always had a suspicion something unique like this would have another release. The cost to develop then redesign it was likely a profit loss for the company.

It makes sense and I don't think it'll "pegwarm" but the first one kinda did.

However this one rides the wave of 1.0 and the desire to own it after 1.0 was in other hands.

I hope this means a few other reissues come out but I doubt it'll be something like this (thinking 89 Batmobile, DX11).

I would give Howard a hand job for a Batmobile 89 reissue. But I don’t see that happening...almost thankfully...

Early 2020 for the accessory set release? oof, I was hoping this would be done much sooner than the whole deluxe armor. Still glad they're doing this though. It will remain one of my favorite figures for a long time and i'm glad others will be able to get ahold of it without having to pay aftermarket prices (also depending on how much more this one is)

I was never brave enough to see if the arm comes off of hulkbuster, but it's good to know I can without damaging it.

I'm very excited for this re release, i had to sell my original hulk buster last year to help my dog with some surgery bills, so this is perfect chance to get it again. I sold mine for about 1200 last year, so i figure if this one is around the same price I'll pull the trigger, maybe do payment plans too. Yes i understand it somewhat sucks that 1.0 will loose some value, but if you are trying to make money you are in the wrong hobby, there will always be a few gems worth double or triple but if you really collect you are almost never making any cash at all. And who can blame hot toys, they are a business, and all they have to do is watch the secondary market to get a good idea of what they need to re release. Look at the spider-man homecoming iron man, i passed on that when it was preordered as i suspect a lot of people did but now it has grown on me, but no way I'm paying what $800 or so for a new in box. Anyways this hobby is fun and that's why i'm in it. Reading everything this morning is awesome and fun, love the one guy who went off a few days ago saying they will never reissue. So bring on the reissues, bring on hulk buster deluxe, and lets hope they take more and more risks making crazy figures we never thought we would see. :):)

Glad you're able to get another shot at it after having to sacrifice it for a noble cause. I had to sell a couple of my HT figs in 2015 to partially pay for my cats surgery and not be in a financial hole, so I know how it feels.

It doesn't suck that the first release will lose value because collecting shouldn't be about after-market price. It is nice to know that if you needed to sell something that you can at least get what you put into it, but HT isn't in the business of making these so people can profit off of them. IT DOES SUCK for those who paid after-market prices for it though.

Also, this is hardly a risk for them... They know it will sell, which is why they're doing it.

I would give Howard a hand job for a Batmobile 89 reissue. But I don’t see that happening...almost thankfully...

Early 2020 for the accessory set release? oof, I was hoping this would be done much sooner than the whole deluxe armor. Still glad they're doing this though. It will remain one of my favorite figures for a long time and i'm glad others will be able to get ahold of it without having to pay aftermarket prices (also depending on how much more this one is)

I was never brave enough to see if the arm comes off of hulkbuster, but it's good to know I can without damaging it.

Glad you're able to get another shot at it after having to sacrifice it for a noble cause. I had to sell a couple of my HT figs in 2015 to partially pay for my cats surgery and not be in a financial hole, so I know how it feels.

It doesn't suck that the first release will lose value because collecting shouldn't be about after-market price. It is nice to know that if you needed to sell something that you can at least get what you put into it, but HT isn't in the business of making these so people can profit off of them. IT DOES SUCK for those who paid after-market prices for it though.

Also, this is hardly a risk for them... They know it will sell, which is why they're doing it.

It's a long way off so by the time this ships those aftermarket prices might be a deal. We are still putting tariffs on more and more stuff so this could easilly get a 25% (or more) bump over whatever SSC decides to charge. I hope it doesnt but it's something to think about.

I was also reading they are trying to do away with the cheap shipping from China to get us to buy less from them. So if you picked this up from KGHobby for example the shipping would be MUCH higher than before if it happens.

I might get the arm just because being an IM collector i would feel like it's incomplete without it even though i doubt i would ever even use it. If the arm set is a crazy price maybe just get another HB to have opened up. I'm happy with what i have but it's good to have options

I may be in the minority, but this re-release is kind of annoying. I am not collecting to "cash in" on
rarity pricing, but it was nice to know that I had a sought-after piece in my collection.
Now, that feeling is gone.

With the prices these things cost AT RETAIL, there should be NO REISSUES. They should stay limited release.
If Hot Toys was doing this, they should have done the crappy Hulkbuster 2.0 from Infinity War.

I am sure mostly everyone will disagree with me, but as a high-end collector... you want to have stuff that at least retains it's value.
Not compromised with bull - **** re-releases years later of the same product.

It is a total money grab by Hot Toys, no doubt there. I for one won't even be getting the accessory pack, as it is rather pointless.

Back