1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You got nothing to lose, right? Like other have said it's a wonder to behold. I'm pretty green in this hobby, but he was one of the first figures I got and I'm thrilled about it every day.

This is one of your first pieces? Congrats, man. Started out with one of the all time great pieces released!

This is one of your first pieces? Congrats, man. Started out with one of the all time great pieces released!

Ha. Thanks man. I went with a used Thanos and DofFP Wolverine to start. HB was my very first new piece and then Baby Groot. My shelf is a little light at the moment, but it's coming along.

Ha. Thanks man. I went with a used Thanos and DofFP Wolverine to start. HB was my very first new piece and then Baby Groot. My shelf is a little light at the moment, but it's coming along.

Sounds like a great start so far! Yeah, I have more figures in storage than I do displayed. HulkBuster being your very first new piece is impressive, man. Nothing will compare. But there’s so many great figures coming down the line!

Curious thing I have with mine: the toes.

At first (out of the box) it was like the "Before", left in the picture. Comparing with pics from others, I'd say that's what it's supposed to be like.
After that, I have tried some different poses, etc. and eventually returned to the "default" pose.
Many times I've been double-checking that both legs are in exactly the same pose (same of amount of articulation clicks), knees are the same, feet itself are the same, and the figure is standing straight - all seems to be ok.

Yet the right toe (left toe in the picture) is pointing up a tiny bit in "After".
I can push the toe down a bit, but it will just stay in that position regardless. All panels are ok, nothing in its way, lifting the panel on top of the toe doesn't change anything. Rear of both feet is flush with the surface.
The figure is standing straight and steady, no balance, tipping or wobble issues on its feet.

Maybe someone knows what I am missing here? It's not like a very big deal, but looking at the pictures it's kind of weird that it wasn't like that before...

7W7HUaT.png

Curious thing I have with mine: the toes.

At first (out of the box) it was like the "Before", left in the picture. Comparing with pics from others, I'd say that's what it's supposed to be like.
After that, I have tried some different poses, etc. and eventually returned to the "default" pose.
Many times I've been double-checking that both legs are in exactly the same pose (same of amount of articulation clicks), knees are the same, feet itself are the same, and the figure is standing straight - all seems to be ok.

Yet the right toe (left toe in the picture) is pointing up a tiny bit in "After".
I can push the toe down a bit, but it will just stay in that position regardless. All panels are ok, nothing in its way, lifting the panel on top of the toe doesn't change anything. Rear of both feet is flush with the surface.
The figure is standing straight and steady, no balance, tipping or wobble issues on its feet.

Maybe someone knows what I am missing here? It's not like a very big deal, but looking at the pictures it's kind of weird that it wasn't like that before...

7W7HUaT.png
You need to lay him down on a soft surface and articulate the toes they should sit flat

Long time lurker here! Just wanted to post letting everyone know that I just got the email saying my waitlist order is converting. I joined it back in October so there may still be hope that others will still be converting soon.

Long time lurker here! Just wanted to post letting everyone know that I just got the email saying my waitlist order is converting. I joined it back in October so there may still be hope that others will still be converting soon.

That's awesome! Depending on where you are at your other other options would be BBTS, but they jacked their price up almost $275 from when they first started their preorders. Enjoy it hes awesome!

That's awesome! Depending on where you are at your other other options would be BBTS, but they jacked their price up almost $275 from when they first started their preorders. Enjoy it hes awesome!

I almost pulled the trigger on it when it was at $899 on BBTS, but I wanted to hold out for my waitlist. Then it went up to $1000 and now even higher. Glad it finally got fulfilled by Sideshow though. It was a long 4 months of hoping it would convert while everyone else was posting sweet pictures of theirs.

Man, I really blew it with this figure. I'd been saving SS rewards as long as possible because I was foolish enough to think this wouldn't sell out so soon. Idiot! :slap

I am amazed on how this figure has turned out. After soooo long time, and a couple of times thinking on cancelling my order and keeping only the XM version in order (mistake as they are very different), it finally arrived last week. I did not have sufficient time to have it ready in its full glory, but here a couple of pics with Mark 42 (Mark 43 is in a different display for now...).DSCNS6686.JPGDSCNS6691.JPG

ugh, my waitlist converted and I dont want it anymore since I picked it up elsewhere. They said it will automatically process and become a real order by 2/27. Anyone know if I can cancel by then, will they still charge me the NRD? In the ten years collecting, I've never had a WL convert with a NRD attached...

ugh, my waitlist converted and I dont want it anymore since I picked it up elsewhere. They said it will automatically process and become a real order by 2/27. Anyone know if I can cancel by then, will they still charge me the NRD? In the ten years collecting, I've never had a WL convert with a NRD attached...

When did you get on the Waitlist, if you don't mind me asking?

If it's SSC just go to your account and cancel, nothing will get charged. Nothing will happen until 2/27.

Awesome, thanks!! Yes, SSC...

When did you get on the Waitlist, if you don't mind me asking?

Don't mind at all.....joined 11/7/17...

Didn't think there was a snowball chance in hell it would covert. Guess snowball's have a better chance of lasting than I thought...

Back