1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine just shipped from AE. Wasn’t expecting that already. Perfect timing after finishing Christmas shopping. Oh well. Nice big expensive Christmas gift to myself. :lol

giphy.gif

observing.gif

My waitlist just converted and i got a shipping soon email. I was hoping for a next month shipment because cashflow but ill work around it

Nothing from BBTS- got an email over a week ago from them saying ready within 10 business days- so it'll probably be next week

Finally had some time to get mine set up and spent maybe 20 min with it. I’m still moving, so I don’t have the display set up yet, but I’m happy with Hulkbuster so far.

4693c7ea2f8f2c833ade0132515dc5c7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finally had some time to get mine set up and spent maybe 20 min with it. I’m still moving, so I don’t have the display set up yet, but I’m happy with Hulkbuster so far.

4693c7ea2f8f2c833ade0132515dc5c7.jpg

Looks like you articulated the legs a bit, any tips?

Got my tracking number from Timewalker an hour ago...... so hulkbuster is slowly inching its way to mi casa

tumblr_ohdoxafQff1r4da82o1_500.gif

Looks like you articulated the legs a bit, any tips?

I put it flat on the couch and then bent the knees. You need to use force, but too much force or it goes several clicks, and the armor behind the legs can fall off (light switch panel). I haven’t fully figured out the limits of the ankles, so I need to play around a bit more. On the back of the feet there are two adjustable “toes” that can be moved around for stability, similar to Iron Monger. I think a more dynamic pose may be possible if I can get more movement fore and aft in the ankles...I just didn’t have enough time to play around with it because I’m mid-move.

Honestly I didn’t find it too hard to pose or set up HB. I guess practice with other Hot Toys, and having a ton of high end Chogokin (Japanese metal robots) may have helped.

I noticed on mine under the foot armor (flap), the front surface of the gold metal arm has some black marks on it though I cant tell if this is weathering or scuff/rub marks.

I haven’t really messed with articulating the feet so I don’t believe these are paint rub marks. Can anybody confirm if this is normal weathering?

ea3460832b52a5f847d35a343d329f30.jpg
7806e24e14eda58eb0be25d8f1a20a62.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone posted pics of those marks awhile back and mine has them also. I think it's just how the covers sit on them. I can't see them so i haven't worried about it.

I noticed on mine under the foot armor (flap), the front surface of the gold metal arm has some black marks on it though I cant tell if this is weathering or scuff/rub marks.

I haven’t really messed with articulating the feet so I don’t believe these are paint rub marks. Can anybody confirm if this is normal weathering?

ea3460832b52a5f847d35a343d329f30.jpg
7806e24e14eda58eb0be25d8f1a20a62.jpg

Hi mine has these and so do several other people I know for a total of 8 I know of having this issue. It sucks they needed to protect it better for shipping or right agter it was painted .

Hi mine has these and so do several other people I know for a total of 8 I know of having this issue. It sucks they needed to protect it better for shipping or right agter it was painted .

Fortunately as Subzro mentioned earlier, its in a place you cant visibly see all the time.

Though it does kind of suck knowing its there.

Guess its something to keep an eye out for when articulating the feet.

When I was watching Optibotimus’s review on the Hulkbuster, I notice he had it in the same exact spot on the right foot.

Thanks I appreciate it that base looks epic
The dimensions I got were 23" tall (with helmet closed), 19" wide (with one arm click out instead of flat to the sides) and 10" deep. This is the bare minimum I'd recommend for a space. He JUST fit in my stand, I was worried about the for size.

Here is a picture of me holding this beast, keep in mind, I'm 6'2. Amazing figure, couldn't be happier with it.
ece99cd0cf726f5e12f8033c63280b21.jpg
b47e341c3833e753667cfac9cbbc0b70.jpg
1dde0a546589b79d9f481ea3a6eb706b.jpg

Back