1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
one major thing that bothers me the hulkbusters chest reactor being half covered when fully assembled.

maxresdefault.jpg

tenor.gif

Stay tuned for my 4 channel remote control light switch tutorial because I'm sure removing that top to turn on the lights is a pain

Looking forward to it. I didn't pick up the HB, but I have many other figures that I want to wire up. I'd rather not drop big $ on multiple soap reactors if I can fashion a home-brew solution that is equally effective. Thanks!

Looking forward to it. I didn't pick up the HB, but I have many other figures that I want to wire up. I'd rather not drop big $ on multiple soap reactors if I can fashion a home-brew solution that is equally effective. Thanks!

Exactly! I'm looking to light up my HT Hulkbuster when it arrives along with my KA Hulkbuster and Mark 43

Getting enough soaps and wires for that would be a big expense just to say look the lights are on lol.

one major thing that bothers me the hulkbusters chest reactor being half covered when fully assembled.

Ye I also though so even in the movie from the stills I have seen and in some of Hot toys pics the complete reactor is visible, not sure why they designed it like this.

My guess is a proportions thing they moved so much stuff around to re work the design so the figure would fit inside that may be when it was all done they looked at it and the torso looked to long so they needed to shorten it. And did not have the time to re do parts and design for this.

Well thatch just my guess , I have had similar issues creating custom gundam models , you would be surprised at what just a few extra millimeters can do to the overall look of some thing .

You have enough room to add a base at the bottom which would give you the option to add lights to that instead of at the top.

If you go with the top the wires will be exposed and attaching them to the acrylic would be difficult, and removing the top would be tricky, depending on how you run the wires.

If you make a base you could not only have lights at the bottom but you could also have a couple on tubes to high light his head.

Stay tuned for my 4 channel remote control light switch tutorial because I'm sure removing that top to turn on the lights is a pain

Thanks for the idea and advice BD, certainly something to think about. Looking forward to your tutorial!

maxresdefault.jpg

Agreed. I'm not sure if this is common trait but the upper torso of my HB always flops forward to cover the majority of the Arc Reactor in the chest; not sure why it was designed to move and not lock in a desired position.

Exactly! I'm looking to light up my HT Hulkbuster when it arrives along with my KA Hulkbuster and Mark 43

Getting enough soaps and wires for that would be a big expense just to say look the lights are on lol.

IMO, soap reactors are way over priced and very limited. They basically offer you the ability to turn it on or off

You can get 8 channel remote controlled relay units for less then $15

Each relay can handle up to 10amps so you could, if needed hook several power supplies to the board and power every suit in your collection.

Or you could use a single power supply and jumper it across each relay and then hook up one armor to each relay and turn them on and off individually.

I plan to use a 4 channel to power up the Hulk Buster in stages

Making battery compartment adapters is very easy, if someone had a 3-d printer they could make a fortune printing them.

Personally I plan to solder the wires and run them as internally as possible but not everyone is willing to drill holes in parts and pry off panels to accomplish this but that's ok

IMO, soap reactors are way over priced and very limited. They basically offer you the ability to turn it on or off

You can get 8 channel remote controlled relay units for less then $15

Each relay can handle up to 10amps so you could, if needed hook several power supplies to the board and power every suit in your collection.

Or you could use a single power supply and jumper it across each relay and then hook up one armor to each relay and turn them on and off individually.

I plan to use a 4 channel to power up the Hulk Buster in stages

Making battery compartment adapters is very easy, if someone had a 3-d printer they could make a fortune printing them.

Personally I plan to solder the wires and run them as internally as possible but not everyone is willing to drill holes in parts and pry off panels to accomplish this but that's ok

I'm with you, I have limited electronics experience but I am considering giving this a go. One other thing I have thought about is Electromagnetic induction (the principle behind some wireless chargers). With a big enough transmitter as a base for the figure it would be really cool if you could run the leds without batteries or wires. The biggest hurdle seems to be that the receiver coils work best when parallel to the transmitter. With something the size of the hulkbuster that "may" be manageable. If only I had the spare time to work on it...

I'm with you, I have limited electronics experience but I am considering giving this a go. One other thing I have thought about is Electromagnetic induction (the principle behind some wireless chargers). With a big enough transmitter as a base for the figure it would be really cool if you could run the leds without batteries or wires. The biggest hurdle seems to be that the receiver coils work best when parallel to the transmitter. With something the size of the hulkbuster that "may" be manageable. If only I had the spare time to work on it...

These relays are simple, just a positive and negative hook up.

It will be harder to figure out how to program the remote then wiring up the relay, mostly due to a lack of instructions.

Just got an ad email from timewalker

The last UPS Ground shipping day before Christmas is
Monday, December 18, 2017!

Now being Thursday and not charged yet for hulkbuster, my wish for it to arrive before christmas is glowing dim

Iron-Man-gifs-iron-man-3-32065653-500-282.gif

Just got a call from Steve at time walker, Hulkbuster is charged, and will more then likely be dropped shipped maybe monday from distributor (sideshow)

avengers-age-of-ultron-movie-hulkbuster-repulsor-blast.gif

Just curious if there’s anything about Hulkbuster that any of you would like to customize (aside from the wiring)? At first glance, it looks fine to me but I’m sure something could always be improved upon.

Curious how everyones styrofoam box held up during shipping. Mine unfortunately had a few small chunks missing or damage from shipping but my cardboard slip cover had no damage so i’m happy for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back