1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would HT even dare to make another one? they don't even look that different

Time will tell. I pick up most IM figures even repaints but the IW version would have to have something seriously amazing for me to drop $900 on another one.

I dont know if they will make another one but one thing you can bet is that if they make a new one it will be a new price , remember this thing was delayed for so long the price is a 2 year old price look at what new figures are costing a new Hulk buster would cost more that 900 USD I think .

I see this going 2 ways

1) Yes they will make it cause their R& D took way longer and cost way more than they thought it would so the figure might not have turned out to be so profitable for
them , so if the new HB is similar to this and their production facilities are still geared for this figure they might be able to more easily manufacture a second
version. But even if this is the case you going to wait a year at least for a second one .

2 No , it was a pain to deliver and ended up being a loss for them but they are committed and up for the challenge so did it once and never again .

Mine got delivered today I am out of town on business but my wife and son told me the box is huge

I think we are all very used to waiting :lol If the PO for an IW version does not go up until summer of 2019 and it ships in 2021 it will not be anything new for us.

Lets put it this way, what armors havent they done... :lol

Nobody is questioning Hot Toy's intentions.

It's more of a question towards the actual movie and whether the so-called HB 2.0 is in it or not.

I haven't seen the movie yet so I can't tell whether or not it will be made, both by HT or Marvel Studios.

Last edited:
Time will tell. I pick up most IM figures even repaints but the IW version would have to have something seriously amazing for me to drop $900 on another one.

I actually doubt they will do a infinity war version or any other hulkbuster unless it was going to be much more expensive.

Given they didn't include a lot of things people thought would come with this piece like veronica, jack hammer arm tells me they might not even be very profitable or profitable at all with this piece.

so overall, doubt there will be another HB piece, even if there was, expect it to be like $1000.

I think HOt Toys May do another HulkBuster if it’s in Infinity Wars. I just think it be at the bottom of the ladder vs all the other 1/6 (12”) characters they could pump out much quicker. And like stated above the price will be much much more easily $1200. I mean I guess it did well since a $900 figure pretty much sold out?? I don’t know if that’s enough to justify a new one? Or if it also helped it took 3 years to release? I’m not even sure that suit in the trailer is even a hulkbuster could even be smaller in height too?

Feels so surreal to finally have him.. just wow
07b57b9f4e57be608610691d3966d6f2.jpg

The foam did it’s job on the way to Australia
5e1af260e91c06ffd78c1c1df03ddb0c.jpg

Now to think about display options!

I honestly don’t know how it’s even a debate at this point. Hot Toys sees dollar signs with Iron Man armors. I do believe they lost money (or didn’t make nearly as much as they had hoped) on the HulkBuster due to the delay and redesign of this piece. However, I think they learned a lot and can apply those lessons learned to the new “Thanos Buster.”

The biggest thing to me is they’ve made nearly, if not all, Iron Man armors so far. I can’t see them not making an Iron Man after coming this far. Iron Man completionists would lose their minds.

I do believe we’ll see the Thanos Buster. Maybe not right away, but I believe we will see him up for preorder. I have no doubts.

Now to think about display options!

Glad to see it arrived safely...but the damage to the "box" really $ucks.

Mine is ready for pickup at the UPS distribution center...unfortunately I have a 8-hour work day ahead of me.

Well mine has arrived too and just unboxing it now. Kind of the end of an era.
Now that he's arrived I only have one problem left...
What do I do with the rest of my life?

4a11aebeacaefcc3a185236ff17517ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seek out new toys to anticipate for.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I won't have mine until the second batch but I recently picked up and put together my first two vertical IKEA Bestas (not for him specifically, more for the smaller figures). I know there's been discussion about whether he'd actually fit inside a shelf, but would anyone trust his weight just standing on the top of the cabinet? It feels pretty sturdy but I don't have enough IKEA experience to know if that's risky.

Great video! Thanks for taking the time. Definitely need to take him off the top shelf. He could destroy your entire collection...

Awesome!:yess:
Sucks about the box, but I guess that is what its for!

Great picture!

Back