1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:goodpost:
I hear ya but we have ourselves, the consumers, to blame as well. You know what I'm talking about, why would anyone want to put a $300 figure INSIDE of an $800 figure like it's a $20 toy you're going to be playing with? HT anticipated this and that's why they initially decided to include a head bust for the open hatch look. But lo and behold, HT listened to consumer demand and now we have been waiting an extra year and counting...

I hear ya but we have ourselves, the consumers, to blame as well. You know what I'm talking about, why would anyone want to put a $300 figure INSIDE of an $800 figure like it's a $20 toy you're going to be playing with? HT anticipated this and that's why they initially decided to include a head bust for the open hatch look. But lo and behold, HT listened to consumer demand and now we have been waiting an extra year and counting...

I may be in the minority here but I wish they kept it that you could not put the entire figured inside. When I get the Hulkbuster, I will put my Mark 43 inside, go "ooh, aah, that's cool" then take it out and never again put it inside the Hulkbuster. On display, there will be no difference to seeing the bust vs the figure. All that empty space inside could have been used to make the figure a little more solid. Nonetheless, I still think it will turn out to be a fantastic figure...just wish it was here already

I will most likely not use it either but it could make for some nice pics in these forums. I was also happy with just the bust of the 43. However I was glad they realised it needed die cast joints to support the weight. Imagine having this for a year now and realising it was getting cracks in the legs and arms due to the weight etc we'd all be very peed off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's an if/then statement for me:

If the XM Hulkbuster/Extremis pose cannot be somewhat recreated with the HT Hulkbuster/XLIII then I won't be seeing the XLIII for a long time.

I am probably going to stick every single figure i have inside the Hulkbuster

I'll stick a lego mini figure inside HB.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

There is a huge difference between it CAN hold the full figure - and CAN NOT.
If it can, you will smile and forget about it.
If it can not, you will be longing forever.

I prefer seeing the HB head on top vice the MK 43 bust...the bust alone will most likely never see the light of day.

I cant remember if it was already discussed within the thread, but is there any opinion of the possibility of head movement for the Hulkbuster.

Checking the promo pics and also the updates (from last year) I doubt that the HB will have any movement of his head - according to the fact that the helmet will slide into the back armour.

In my opinion, HT could possibly take 4 approaches to HB head movement: copy KA's method, create a swivel mechanism on the neck-guard (like a lid over a pot), incorporate MK43's neck + head, or even zero articulation. Allow MK43 to demonstrate below:

HB.jpg

Last edited:
I love how Fozzie is the first thing you see just before you come across the Hulkbuster thread. Now someone design a Fozzie buster!
c24cee278ccaa14ca237937eecb0bafe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

The joints are going to be metal ... can't imagine how heavy this thing would be if it had more diecast ha

The joints are going to be metal ... can't imagine how heavy this thing would be if it had more diecast ha

Yes joints and some internal things to handle the weight. Read somewhere it would have 10 pounds. A full DC version would not happen I think. But we never know [emoji1]

Gesendet von meinem F3111 mit Tapatalk

Back