1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And if you like I can list hundreds of figures that are from films released after the first hot toys figures that came out years after the film.

I would like that. Please give me a list of the hundreds of figures from movies that were released years after the film.

Edit: Please group them by company. Like Hot Toys and Sideshow. Also, the movie had to be released when the company was actually operational, figures from 80s and some 90s movies don't count... because how could they make a figure when the company wasn't even around back then.

Not really. They could have made them 15 years ago instead of now. I'm not saying they could make them at the time of release of those films...just that there is nothing strange or irregular about figures coming out years after a property is released. It happens more often then the other way.

All of those figures where mms200 or later. Meaning hundreds of other figures where produced by the same company before they came out.

And if you like I can list hundreds of figures that are from films released after the first hot toys figures that came out years after the film.

Right.. But there are so many other factors that you're just overlooking (which is strange for you).. Licensing, popularity, how they fit into their schedule, whether or not they could do them the right way, etc.

They have the licensing, they've had the finalized design for quite a bit now, they are smack in the middle of the height of marvel's popularity, they've had a prototype mocked up for quite some time now.. then they delay it, not by one or two months but by several.

So yes, they do release figures a year+ after the movie is released.. But as you always like to point out, they RARELY delay anything. So, no, this particular situation is not normal.

Seems up to about a couple years ago these things were always delayed. I don't think it's much of a delay i was not expecting it until October so a couple more months (in my head) is nothing.

I ordered with ssc and they seem to be the only retailer to still have this available. Every other place i saw is sold out or waitlisted. So i would be hesitant to cancel.

And i cant think that HT will do a big run of these either. But thats just me.

I ordered with ssc and they seem to be the only retailer to still have this available. Every other place i saw is sold out or waitlisted. So i would be hesitant to cancel.

And i cant think that HT will do a big run of these either. But thats just me.

:exactly: The local CBC's have been sold out for a minute now. The sheer size and shipping weight of this guy is going to make him harder to find in smaller secondary markets alone. I have a feeling there are more "I'll buy it once it ships" people than there are going to be Hulkbusters available.

:exactly: The local CBC's have been sold out for a minute now. The sheer size and shipping weight of this guy is going to make him harder to find in smaller secondary markets alone. I have a feeling there are more "I'll buy it once it ships" people than there are going to be Hulkbusters available.
I think U.S. distributors get their stock from sideshow. If people cancel from Sideshow they may allow more orders to secondary market sellers so they don't get stuck with product.

If there is a concern of some fatal flaw, it would be wise for Sideshow to do this to avoid refunding damaged product.

I agree. That's why I at least put a deposit down. I would die if I missed out on this! Lol

i am still trying to find the 7 set piece hall of Armor for a semi decent price, for the last several months i have only seen one on sale and appears to be $500 more then what the average selling price was.

I think this will be just like the Hall Of Armor set , once sold out, will be hard to find, as people will not want to part ways with it.

You're happy you didn't order because of a delay? Okay.

If anything this hobby has taught me, it's to have patience. This figure is getting a large delay. There's no denying that, but this figure is going to be the centerpiece to any MCU collector. It may be a long way until March, but once we have this figure in hand, all the delays will seem worth it.

Cannot wait for this to be released. I waited 8 months before. I can do it again. This time, it's going to be much easier on my wallet as I only have one payment remaining. So I can still keep collecting in the meantime. :)
You gained 1,000,000 RP from me: Respect Points. Patience is a virtue and not everyone has it. No offense intended to people cancelling their orders. It's a philosophy i stand for.

I agree. That's why I at least put a deposit down. I would die if I missed out on this! Lol

i am still trying to find the 7 set piece hall of Armor for a semi decent price, for the last several months i have only seen one on sale and appears to be $500 more then what the average selling price was.

I think this will be just like the Hall Of Armor set , once sold out, will be hard to find, as people will not want to part ways with it.

Agreed. I couldn't word this any better. If true, this means my retailer will receive a timely HB shipment from SS. Any news of HT announcment on FB? Here's to hoping there won't be a second delay!

That's probably true, but you figure this is even bigger and will take up even more storage space in their warehouse(s). I would think they would want to move the product just the same.

The box will be massive. But I doubt they get to much more in stock them the amount of PO they have. And even if/when it goes on sale there won't be many offered at a discount. Just consider that even though igor was large, he's smaller them prime and 1/4 43 and the deluxe hulk box...and price wise onlyb45% of what hulkbuster will cost. A 30% discount on the HB will be like 250 bucks off. That's a lot to eat to clear space.

Good luck finding that at anywhere near a reasonable price.. I got the set of 4 when sideshow had the free shipping deal. I've been looking for 2 more to have 7 but the prices for one of these are thru the roof. I am not paying 300 bucks for a single unit

That, and I imagine trying to repack and ship this thing would be an expensive pain.

Back