1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like some armors to be clean. with scratches and weathering its hard to tell if its on purpose or not :dunno

Once in a very blue moon I like a BD weathered fig, like the Avengers Mk 7 BD version, the rest I'd prefer fresh off the press. I don't want all my IM figs looking like I rolled them across the pavement. :monkey4

Happy to say I've got a buddy of mine who will be making my shelf for this bad boy. Custom made to fit HulkBuster and Hulk at the top. Guardians and select members of the Avengers on the row below and four boxes on the bottom row for additional figures that I'll buy. Expect pictures in 2016. Lol

I usually like my armors pristine without the weathering, but in this case, the weathering looks really good. I hope they keep some of it, but who knows. At this point I just want this figure in any way shape or form.

:exactly: how I feel. I hope the MKIII is clean

:hi5:

I usually like my armors pristine without the weathering, but in this case, the weathering looks really good. I hope they keep some of it, but who knows. At this point I just want this figure in any way shape or form.

Agreed Mega, the weathering HT has done on this and some others doesn't bother me as it really is pretty minor generally. I probably should have been more specific initially, when I said 'weathering' I was referring to an abundant amount of it added to the figure and not the minor weathering HT has done on a majority of the IM releases. :)

Last edited:
IMHO when it comes to weathering either go big or go home. Nothing is worse than an almost pristine armor with a few knicks on it. Midas is a prime example of this and there are many others too...cough iron patriot...couch heartbreaker...cough starboost.

IMHO when it comes to weathering either go big or go home. Nothing is worse than an almost pristine armor with a few knicks on it. Midas is a prime example of this and there are many others too...cough iron patriot...couch heartbreaker...cough starboost.

I hear you. I agree the minor weathering done on Midas was crumby, it really stood out on that figure due to it's color scheme of gold tones and it got a substantial negative reaction from collectors. The minor weathering that's done on the candy red with gold/silver color schemes of most of the other armors blends in better imo and isn't an eye sore like it was on Midas.

I called Sideshow when I received my Midas to ask about all the scratches haha. They said they had received a bunch of phone calls about it but that's how it was supposed to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a choice between Gunmetal and Batman Begins. I already had mark IV, no Bats, and then they show off a Stealth blue repaint, so I go for DC and plan to get the Blue mark IV when it comes. I'm a bigger IM fan too. Anyway stealthy never comes, and I recently check on Bats and his ankles are gone...

Gunmetal MK IV and Midas are two of my favorite Iron Man figures. I wish you guys luck in your search. I'm sure that they'll come your way again in the future.

Cheers

Back