1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hulkbuster-2.jpg

Hulkbuster is, as i know,maybe the most anticipated Hot Toys figure of all time (maybe except for Joker 2.0 DX11, the Batman Tumbler, Blade and Leonidas who are also very popular figures). Will it sell as fast as other figures like Loki (Avengers version of course), Hawkeye ou Iron Man Mark VII, who have been sold out at Sideshow even before they're released? It will depend on several factors. The price is the first factor, and at 825$, it will for sure discourage many collectors. But, as a collector myself, this one is really a must have and i'm ready to eat Kraft Dinner for several weeks to have it.

Since one year or two, Hot Toys have accelerated the pace and released a greater variety of figures. Even if Hot Toys never tell how much figures they produce of each one, i think that they produce a greater number of each figure in recent years. Because the release date is over a year, this give collectors the time to raise the money to buy this "Precious". Also, we all know that many Hoy Toys figures gain value over time, so it's always possible to sell it without loosing too much money after an "impulsive" purchase. Then, taking into account all theses factors, i think that this Hulkbuster will be sold out before it's release date.

Hot Toys Online Figures Shop

Just for clarification, I am assuming Hulkbuster is the Mark 44. Is this correct?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For those planning to use SS rewards points to get this thing cheaper, aren't you worried that you can't get points for the discounted price? For example I have $129 in reward points. I will get it for just under $700. Maybe a little more if you add double box packaging. I won't get reward points for the remaining $700. That's 700 points I'd be missing out on. It would be different if I had enough points to almost get it for free, if not free. At least if you get it free or almost, there wouldn't be points you can get anyway because you wiped out the price.

I personally only use points on Exclusive/SDCC items. I get my Hulkbuster from my local comic shop where I will get him for $740 out the door.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For those planning to use SS rewards points to get this thing cheaper, aren't you worried that you can't get points for the discounted price? For example I have $129 in reward points. I will get it for just under $700. Maybe a little more if you add double box packaging. I won't get reward points for the remaining $700. That's 700 points I'd be missing out on. It would be different if I had enough points to almost get it for free, if not free. At least if you get it free or almost, there wouldn't be points you can get anyway because you wiped out the price.

SS changed their policy months ago. You now get reward points for any cash you spend on an item after you apply a coupon or use reward points/other discount.

That's good to hear. Still, they've shown prototypes in almost every scale across many, many licenses and they have released very little product. They are definitely ambitious, but I'd be wary of the quality considering they have 9 million things on their plate at once and they're a new company on the scene.

As much as I like seeing what's to come, I'm also not so keen when there's so much shown & nothing is being released..., I have one of those nasty feelings that if they do make all of these figures, we'll suddenly see them all appear at once & I'll not be able to afford them all in such a short space of time so will have to miss out & that'll mean I skip the lot as I'm not going to get the odd one. Of course they could all end up in a sale if that happens too, in which case they'll probably go under because they didn't have a very good business plan. lol ;)

With the helmet series it's a cheap line really but it still has a quality look/feel to it, especially if you get the little display cases that go with each helmet (sold seperately but they are pretty cheap). My only irritation with the helmet sets is that they keep repeating some by doing a battle damaged version & with only 6 sets planned that'll mean they don't do all of the suit helmets & I hate having gaps. lol

And people wonder why a line may get delayed...the brand manager for iron man gets thousands of protos to check out. It's the same for batman and everyone else. All it takes is a short delay and that figure may slide years in the manufacturing schedule. Anyway...

The amount of protos they are making for such a new company is a huge red flag for me. It's not smart business wise.

Back