1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are there official pictures of the Hulkbuster suit opening up to reveal the mark 43 or is it just the leaked ones that are circulating? Didn't find promotional ones on Sideshow's website.
None yet, still only the leaked ones are available.

Disappointed with the price of this :(. Did want it but not at that price.

No need for disappointment, because you still have other options. You can get this "HT" version (Hasbro Toys) and the price is only $34.99.

2C7B225B50569047F5126F43575560AB.jpg

Thank you for showing that. I just got the same reply from BBTS. I knew about the $100.00 deposit, what I didn't like was that their price was exactly like Sideshow, usually their price is lower. I went and cancelled it, although I would have preferred dealing with BBTS, and decided to go with Shopafx. I never ordered from them before but it looks like they've been around for over 10 years. Saved over $60.00 and puts the figure below the $800.00 guess I made a while back which makes it easier to swallow.

You're going to give that $60 back in shipping. The shipping could end up being even more

i must be old as hell, because this ranks pretty low in terms of pricey things I own :lol and im far from rich or a "baller"

seriously guys, i dont understand why some of you guys are losing your mind, do yourself a favor and calculate the total amount of money you have invested over time on plastic?....im willing to bet most are over 6k in.....do you realize how hypocritical you may come off?

:goodpost::clap

No need for disappointment, because you still have other options. You can get this "HT" version (Hasbro Toys) and the price is only $34.99.

2C7B225B50569047F5126F43575560AB.jpg

There's actually a thread on this forum with this figure. A lot of impressive paint jobs have been applied to it. Plan on giving it a try this weekend.

When sideshow ships HTs to the retailers, it's a 33% markdown from the price sideshow charges. I know this because my friend owns a comic book shop and he used to order me HTs for cheap from sideshow. I paid 175 for superman, 175 for mark 1 2.0, 350 for tumbler, 189 for keaton batman and etc. My friend pretty much made 10% off me and passed the other 23% savings to me. So yeah, sideshow is making some good money from those who orders from them..and I have seen online retailers usually providing a 10% discount and make the other 23% as profit.

wow that a huge profit 33% , is the retailer need to bulk buy (specific amount/100 pc or xx pc ) or they can just order to HT based on the PO they received eg 20 pcs ?

consider this HB in asia priced for 675 - 750$, US is 850$ . you get pretty much how HT making profit for each figure....

wow that a huge profit 33% , is the retailer need to bulk buy (specific amount/100 pc or xx pc ) or they can just order to HT based on the PO they received eg 20 pcs ?

consider this HB in asia priced for 675 - 750$, US is 850$ . you get pretty much how HT making profit for each figure....

HT makes their profit from wholesale price minus cost of production & delivery. SSC makes gets their cut from the markup over wholesale price. 2 separate things.

i must be old as hell, because this ranks pretty low in terms of pricey things I own :lol and im far from rich or a "baller"
seriously guys, i dont understand why some of you guys are losing your mind, do yourself a favor and calculate the total amount of money you have invested over time on plastic?....im willing to bet most are over 6k in.....do you realize how hypocritical you may come off?

That makes no sense at all.
Lets take your $6K+/- estimate as fact.
With shipping this is close to $1K+/- total. Around 15% of your total expenditure on 1 figure is extreme, not hypocritical.....
And what is the $6K made up of? If you own 30, $200 figures .....how would it be hypocritical to say 1 figure at $800+ is too much?
That would only make sense if you own (for example) 3 Cinemaquette statues at $2K each.

It is a fact that this figure has an extremely bizarre price.
Lets not compare it to anything else but other Hot Toys oversized figures released or on pre-order recently.

The 1/4 Hot Toys Dark Knight Rises (again much better stand and extras including multiple sculpts and light up features = $465
1/6 Hot Toys 89 Batmobile (a insanely enormous vehicle = $629)
The 1/4 Hot Toys Boba Fett is similar size, more intricate design and accessories, much better stand = $470
1/6 Hot Toys scale (but so big its easier to compare to 1/4 scale products) Hulkbuster = $825

People can buy what they want but its not hypocritical to say the price of this figure seems bizarrely high.

You're going to give that $60 back in shipping. The shipping could end up being even more

Any place will charge a lot for shipping, so it's still cheaper and they do 5% rewards like SS.

HT should make power pose for this Hulkbuster with price between $300 to $400

These pictures make me want it more... I'm still on the fence about this it's going to cost a lot to get this to Australia.

I mainly only collect PFs, do you think this HB would look great next to PFs. Not to sure about the HT stuff.

damn those pictures... now I want to preorder it now. lol.
Same here but there's no reason to PO it now. I'm waiting to see what other companies offer for HB.

King Arts has a Diecast 16" Hulkbuster coming soon which looks good so far. I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of options for Hulkbuster. NECA will probably do one as well. Obviously not the same as HT's but a lot of options to those just wanting a nice looking HB on display.

10384445_970550722977593_4751270406705808459_n.jpg

10003083_802502319834005_4174251909067027372_n.jpg

$825? If this is indeed about $650 in HK, that price is a little piggish of Sideshow. :ohbfrank:

Oh well. When I'm sitting on a cardboard box eating Dinki-Di dog food straight out of the can à la Mad Max, staring across a short expanse at Hulkbuster, it'll all be worth it. :lol

The one that is really interesting to me, is the notion of seeing the movie before you buy (I'm NOT judging nor criticizing, it's just interesting).

As someone who collects this way, let me respond with my reasoning/feelings:

There are a lot of collectibles out there I think are extremely neat pieces - whether they're artistic, creative, just plain cool or all of the above. But that's never been enough for me to buy them. I buy these things because I like having representations of movies/shows/characters I love around me.

What this means for me, is that, if I don't like a character or am just not impressed with a character in the media or the media itself, I don't buy collectibles of/from it. I can admire the work that went into the piece, the accuracy, or how "cool" it might look, but I won't shell out the money for it.

Take the Mandarin figure, for example. I didn't like IM3 and I particularly hated the Mandarin twist. The figure is awesomely made, but there's no way in hell I would've ever bought it after seeing the movie.

I'm even MORE of a stickler on this when it comes to higher prices, like this. $300 + is for absolute favorite characters only.

$825? If this is indeed about $650 in HK, that price is a little piggish of Sideshow. :ohbfrank:

Oh well. When I'm sitting on a cardboard box eating Dinki-Di dog food straight out of the can à la Mad Max, staring across a short expanse at Hulkbuster, it'll all be worth it. :lol

:yess: Like a boss :hi5:

Back