1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

A figure in a figure is a waste of time and money to me. I want my MK43 out were i can see it and my HB closed up and ready to kick some green a$$, not open to show whatever is inside. I rarely have my SS HB open to show stark, so i couldn't see myself doing it with the HT version.

Good grief take a break. I have discussed figure in figure vs. partial or nothing earlier. This is the first image shown showing a cutaway of how the 43 sits in the HB. So yes that translates into how the figures might be engineered. So don't really get your point.

If you are talking to me...

My point translate that this was discussed at length. I had no way to know if you had or had not seen the discussions. You did not indicate that. We already know the mk43 was in the HB. We even saw it from the movie in the form of the trailer. There had been a few photos already.

There's no new info, you didn't expand on anything. You just asked how we thought it would be done. Which was answered. Many times. That was my point. You asked a question, on that was discussed for like half this thread. So that's where my point lines up. You asked, I mentioned it was answered. And answered.

Edit-and that photo was posted. A couple times. Including like three pages back.

Does anyone want a figure-in-a-figure setup? I don't think so. :lol Think of all of the possible QC issues. Or the scraping and scratching that would inevitably occur if you tried to swap the XLIII into and out of the HB.

Does anyone want a figure-in-a-figure setup? I don't think so. :lol Think of all of the possible QC issues. Or the scraping and scratching that would inevitably occur if you tried to swap the XLIII into and out of the HB.

I agree, but I'm happy to be able to afford part 1.

I have no interest in a full figure in figure myself. And as I mentioned earlier, I doubt Hot Toys would unnecessarily increase the price by doing so. However that's not to say the Hulkbuster won't be engineered in such a way that someone wouldn't be able to place their XLVII inside if they so desired. That's really up to Hot Toys to decide. Given the choice, I'd prefer HB came with a half Iron Man reveal (somewhat similar to how Iron Monger/Obadiah was done). While I might display HB with the helmet closed it might be cool to be able to flip the hood and see the visible top of the Iron Man suit inside. Doesn't have to be fancy or terribly expensive. It could be the head and torso, head and top of shoulders, or whatever works. It's also possible something like that could end up being a Sideshow Exclusive. I would be willing to bet if that were the case, they'd shoot up in value far faster than the regular. I remember the SS Hulkbuster comiquette from years ago. I'd pre-ordered the EX which had the Stark head option, but cancelled when I found out the figure was 1:5 scale.

I have no interest in a full figure in figure myself. And as I mentioned earlier, I doubt Hot Toys would unnecessarily increase the price by doing so. However that's not to say the Hulkbuster won't be engineered in such a way that someone wouldn't be able to place their XLVII inside if they so desired. That's really up to Hot Toys to decide. Given the choice, I'd prefer HB came with a half Iron Man reveal (somewhat similar to how Iron Monger/Obadiah was done). While I might display HB with the helmet closed it might be cool to be able to flip the hood and see the visible top of the Iron Man suit inside. Doesn't have to be fancy or terribly expensive. It could be the head and torso, head and top of shoulders, or whatever works. It's also possible something like that could end up being a Sideshow Exclusive. I would be willing to bet if that were the case, they'd shoot up in value far faster than the regular. I remember the SS Hulkbuster comiquette from years ago. I'd pre-ordered the EX which had the Stark head option, but cancelled when I found out the figure was 1:5 scale.
No chance on either of those. Figure-within-a-figure is a pipe dream and totally crazy unless Hulkbuster has no articulation. I mean I guess they could design the torso to be a giant cavity that one could shove the XLIII into but it just seems ridiculous.

As for Sideshow exclusives, no way would something that valuable and desired be an exclusive. Exclusives are nice little extras but never anything critical or overly expensive to produce (also, HT seems to be pretty stingy at the moment w/SSC exclusives -- last good one I can remember was the Luke/Vader head for the DX07). Reminds me of people hoping for an Infinity Gaunlet exclusive for Thanos. Not going to happen.

I display my SS Hulkbuster with my 1/6 IM figures and looks about the right size with them with the helmet closed but It will be dwarfed by the HT HB.

Why does everyone insist this things gonna have anything inside?at most maybe just a head.the only reason iron monger had stain was it was a big part of the movie,him opening the suit.this looks like it's gonna be suit on and go.no reveal necessary .after all have we seen any other thing than Tony's face in an iron man suit?i don't think there is any chance of another figure or half figure in there.like I said maybe a mark 33 head if you wanna lift the hb helmet.otherwise there gonna cut costs were they can on the amount of painted parts and the overall weight.how many could they expect to sell at 1k?but if it's 5-600 they will certainly sell quite a few

They will do the exact same thing they did with Monger, so just half a body inside with the head sculpt.

I can imagine Hulk easily cracking this thing open to get the prize inside And Tony desperately trying to duck out of the way "Oh ****! Oh ****! Oh ****!" :rotfl

There are really only three viable options. It'll either be similar to Monger or it'll just have a head reveal. Or neither.

There are really only three viable options. It'll either be similar to Monger or it'll just have a head reveal. Or neither.

I hope it'll have neither, I just want Hulkbuster. I'll never be opening it up as it'll just look less than impressive that way (to me at least), sure it's cool to see it doing what it does in the movie but if I want to see it's insides then that's what I'll do..., watch the movie. ;)

If it had an empty chest the arms would need to be roto with zero articulation(hollow it's no movement). Due to weight and balance. The 43 is a diecast armor. And because the diecast 12 inch figure is over 3 bills alone, with maybe 40% of the surface area HB has the HB is going to be at least double that. So that's a grand almost, for a hollow statue that holds a diecast figure you can't see. And some lights. A two pack with both would cost over a hundred usd to ship most places. Add another 100 for customs/vat/taxes whatever your region has. Or for 30-40% less you can get a fully articulate, properly weighted figure and if you want later get the 43 or 45 or thanos. I mean would u rather have a HB statue and a closeted 43/45 or HB and Thanos (or cap/thor/hawkeye ect) and only be off by 100 or 200(depending on thanos price)?

It's just not possible to make it with another figure in it for anywhere near a price 98% of people would/could pay. I mean you can buy a car for a grand. It ain't a good car. But a running one.

I would be beyond shocked, and really really impressed, if they even could do it.

As for a sideshow exclusive version and a non open one also...never never happen. The sideshow exclusive was a perk given to sideshow to do the distribution job. A way they could be reward and get people to order from them, given the figures everyone was getting (80% of the world anyway) where actually thru sideshow anyway (from SS to the retail stores like BBTS and monkey Depot and black ops and so on). It's a perk. One that requires little cost. Usually no tooling in fact. The luke figure from awhile ago was unique in that sideshow actually had the license and contracted the figure out thru hot toys as a solid for Howard. The vader/luke head was from sideshows molds. So no tooling costs for HT.

If it had an empty chest the arms would need to be roto with zero articulation(hollow it's no movement). Due to weight and balance. The 43 is a diecast armor. And because the diecast 12 inch figure is over 3 bills alone, with maybe 40% of the surface area HB has the HB is going to be at least double that. So that's a grand almost, for a hollow statue that holds a diecast figure you can't see. And some lights. A two pack with both would cost over a hundred usd to ship most places. Add another 100 for customs/vat/taxes whatever your region has. Or for 30-40% less you can get a fully articulate, properly weighted figure and if you want later get the 43 or 45 or thanos. I mean would u rather have a HB statue and a closeted 43/45 or HB and Thanos (or cap/thor/hawkeye ect) and only be off by 100 or 200(depending on thanos price)?

It's just not possible to make it with another figure in it for anywhere near a price 98% of people would/could pay. I mean you can buy a car for a grand. It ain't a good car. But a running one.

I would be beyond shocked, and really really impressed, if they even could do it.

As for a sideshow exclusive version and a non open one also...never never happen. The sideshow exclusive was a perk given to sideshow to do the distribution job. A way they could be reward and get people to order from them, given the figures everyone was getting (80% of the world anyway) where actually thru sideshow anyway (from SS to the retail stores like BBTS and monkey Depot and black ops and so on). It's a perk. One that requires little cost. Usually no tooling in fact. The luke figure from awhile ago was unique in that sideshow actually had the license and contracted the figure out thru hot toys as a solid for Howard. The vader/luke head was from sideshows molds. So no tooling costs for HT.

I assumed it'd look pretty stupid if the mark 43 was to fit inside Hulkbuster, at best I thought they'd just have a hollow tube like area to put the mark 43 suit into (maybe with padded foam to stop scratching paintwork), it's the only way I can see to get the figure in & allow the Hulkbuster suit to move its arms & legs (without damaging both the mark 43 figure & the Hulkbuster itself)..., I'm pretty sure they know the limitations of trying to put a figure within a figure though & won't be doing it. :)

If you honestly expect to be able to insert your diecast mk 43 into hulkbuster and have both maintain any level of quality or articulation youre a moron

If however you are just dreaming and imagining what it could be then by all means, have at it

If you honestly expect to be able to insert your diecast mk 43 into hulkbuster and have both maintain any level of quality or articulation youre a moron

If however you are just dreaming and imagining what it could be then by all means, have at it

Sounds fair enough to me..., personally I'd never pay a decent amount of money for a figure only to hide it inside another figure, if the Hulkbuster does turn out to have a hidden compartment for a suit at best I'd consider using it as a safe (a small safe though, obviously). lol :)

You watch walking dead? If so...you know your Shane right? Specifically I mean about the right idea, poor delivery. lol I agree with your underlying theme. No way it's going to happen. Feel free to wish. But you called a bunch of people names just becauthet think differently. Unnecessary really. Not trying to start a fight. Just making an observation. I agree with you most the time, but there's a saying...doin' to much. Lol

So What's new? All his post are like that. I have gotten use to it.

So What's new? All his post are like that. I have gotten use to it.

I prefer the short & blunt delivery as opposed to the open Thesaurus, fairy-tale-story-in-every-post-without-actually-making-a-point delivery others prefer to use here. ;)

Back