1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I passed on the original HB release and I’ve regretted it ever since. I have a ton of figs on pre-order that I need to knock out before I PO the new release, but it’s gonna happen. I can’t miss out twice.

I passed on the original HB release and I’ve regretted it ever since. I have a ton of figs on pre-order that I need to knock out before I PO the new release, but it’s gonna happen. I can’t miss out twice.

I did the same thing bro, NRDs down the drain but this is a must!! Haha

Is the Mark XLIII the only full size Iron Man figure that will fit inside the Hulkuster.

42/43 are the same so they both fit but i don't see the point of putting in a full size figure in it unless it's something fun like Deadpool. You really can't tell it's a full figure once it's in the HB.
If you want the suit coming out of the HB then i can see it wanting a full figure and you could use any suit then.

The Bust works fine and you can swap helmets or heads to get a different look.

I'm sure some other armors will fit if they are close in size but if i wanted a MK45 in the suit i would just pop my MK45 helmet on the bust.

Well, for me, for figures I really really REALLY like, I get multiples, maybe two or three; therefore I am tempted to nab one more, should the opportunity be there. Of course this is an awesome hobby to me, and I'm glad to be able to collect these figures.

The ability to have more than one scene/memorable moment displayed at the same time. I do this. Although, not with anything as big and expensive as Hulkbuster.

That's good news about a reissue. Personally I think Hot Toys should reissue harder to find items more often when the demand is there. It is already silly to spend so much on these figures as it is, it makes me sad when you see people paying 2 or 3 times the original price. Look at DX11 Joker, don't get me wrong, it is a great figure but I can't imagine paying $800-$1000 for it (not sure if it still goes for that).

Oh hell, I’m might pull the trigger in this since it’s not coming out in over a year.

Saw a review on the original one and it looks pretty epic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still can’t decide. Payments would start in July, June is when all my other PO’s will be laid off so I could make this work. It’s just a matter of how good the figures are from Avengers 4 and which I want from it that will decide this

That's good news about a reissue. Personally I think Hot Toys should reissue harder to find items more often when the demand is there. It is already silly to spend so much on these figures as it is, it makes me sad when you see people paying 2 or 3 times the original price. Look at DX11 Joker, don't get me wrong, it is a great figure but I can't imagine paying $800-$1000 for it (not sure if it still goes for that).

Not complaining or care about the reissue but i have had a lot of fun hunting for good deals on old figures. For example i passed on the Joker Bank Robber 2.0 because i felt the $270 price was to much. A year or so later i found a brand new never displayed one for $170 shipped. I would rather play the hunting game than just have HT remake everything even if i'm paying a more than retail for some figures.

Someone sold a HB on here recently for $700. You just have to keep looking and have patience.

I still can’t decide. Payments would start in July, June is when all my other PO’s will be laid off so I could make this work. It’s just a matter of how good the figures are from Avengers 4 and which I want from it that will decide this

That's the difficult thing. Not having any idea what else is coming out for the next two years.

I may be in the minority, but this re-release is kind of annoying. I am not collecting to "cash in" on
rarity pricing, but it was nice to know that I had a sought-after piece in my collection.
Now, that feeling is gone.

With the prices these things cost AT RETAIL, there should be NO REISSUES. They should stay limited release.
If Hot Toys was doing this, they should have done the crappy Hulkbuster 2.0 from Infinity War.

I am sure mostly everyone will disagree with me, but as a high-end collector... you want to have stuff that at least retains it's value.
Not compromised with bull - **** re-releases years later of the same product.

It is a total money grab by Hot Toys, no doubt there. I for one won't even be getting the accessory pack, as it is rather pointless.

99856256bcae29b0560b050ad141f46b.gif

This is a bit of a d**k move by Hot Toys, but not unprecedented. Maybe they can use some of the profits to produce some of the figures they've been sitting on like Yellowjacket, Cyborg and Valkyrie. They should offer an expansion display pack for original buyers regardless of whether or not it can be connected. That said, I may pick this one up after all. The Jackhammer arm isn't that big of a deal but I figure they may include some other tweaks. Will just have to see. I'm guessing this is going to run a grand since HT knows folks will pay that much. But I'm really hoping it's diecast even if it runs $1,199 or so. If so, I'll definitely buy and just use some RPs to take out a little of the sting. I'll still hold on to one spare to turn into "Warbuster."

I don't look at these as investments. Sure it's nice if pieces go up in value, but I rarely sell and end up just watching prices go up and then fall by the time I even consider selling.

edit: crap looks like it's not diecast. Oh well, I'll probably just get the expansion pack unless something else is pointed out.

Last edited:
This is a bit of a d**k move by Hot Toys, but not unprecedented. Maybe they can use some of the profits to produce some of the figures they've been sitting on like Yellowjacket, Cyborg and Valkyrie. They should offer an expansion display pack for original buyers regardless of whether or not it can be connected. That said, I may pick this one up after all. The Jackhammer arm isn't that big of a deal but I figure they may include some other tweaks. Will just have to see. I'm guessing this is going to run a grand since HT knows folks will pay that much. But I'm really hoping it's diecast even if it runs $1,199 or so. If so, I'll definitely buy and just use some RPs to take out a little of the sting. I'll still hold on to one spare to turn into "Warbuster."

I don't look at these as investments. Sure it's nice if pieces go up in value, but I rarely sell and end up just watching prices go up and then fall by the time I even consider selling.

edit: crap looks like it's not diecast. Oh well, I'll probably just get the expansion pack unless something else is pointed out.

This is the last figure you want to be Diecast. Once you get in hand you will wish it was lighter

I may be in the minority, but this re-release is kind of annoying. I am not collecting to "cash in" on
rarity pricing, but it was nice to know that I had a sought-after piece in my collection.
Now, that feeling is gone.

With the prices these things cost AT RETAIL, there should be NO REISSUES. They should stay limited release.
If Hot Toys was doing this, they should have done the crappy Hulkbuster 2.0 from Infinity War.

I am sure mostly everyone will disagree with me, but as a high-end collector... you want to have stuff that at least retains it's value.
Not compromised with bull - **** re-releases years later of the same product.

It is a total money grab by Hot Toys, no doubt there. I for one won't even be getting the accessory pack, as it is rather pointless.

If you bought it at retail you'll always get al least most of your money back. If you paid scalper prices, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Not complaining or care about the reissue but i have had a lot of fun hunting for good deals on old figures. For example i passed on the Joker Bank Robber 2.0 because i felt the $270 price was to much. A year or so later i found a brand new never displayed one for $170 shipped. I would rather play the hunting game than just have HT remake everything even if i'm paying a more than retail for some figures.

Someone sold a HB on here recently for $700. You just have to keep looking and have patience.

“Brand new, never displayed” LOL. Ya, right. You paid $170 for a figure that was with HIGH PROBABILITY totally manhandled, paraded around, and constantly played(molested) with and was meticulously placed back into its original packaging with nobody like you being the wiser. Grow up. The secondary market is full of deceit.
At least it was an authentic Hot Toys figure, right? Check again.

In my defense, this is technically a reissue of the same mold, design, mark...etc. My original argument was that Hot Toys will never make a NEW Fully Articulated HulkBuster. NEW, as in new Mark, design, or another version from another movie.

So, my argument still stands. Period. HA!!

In my defense, this is technically a reissue of the same mold, design, mark...etc. My original argument was that Hot Toys will never make a NEW Fully Articulated HulkBuster. NEW, as in new Mark, design, or another version from another movie.

So, my argument still stands. Period. HA!!

Yeah your right. I think hot toys shot themselves in the foot now. Who’s going to buy that power pose hulkbuster from infinity war, since now they can get this.

Just reading the description of "vinyl" under the powerpose HB 2.0 was like finding out your pretty young Thai prostitute is a dude. Just sayin...not that I know what it's like.

Just reading the description of "vinyl" under the powerpose HB 2.0 was like finding out your pretty young Thai prostitute is a dude. Just sayin...not that I know what it's like.

Suuuuuuuure. Just like the "brand new, never displayed" $170 figure.

Back