1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anything other than cubed makes it harder to ship (like boxes in the truck) and the item less secure in transport (damaged before it comes out of the box).

Not worth taking the chance imo for a $900 item after shipping.

At least half the rewards points I've got I never paid for, from spook and various giveaways. $300 worth easy. Plus I do prefer SS for the customer service, QC on Hot Toy Iron Men being what it is is I like to get replacement parts or entire figures without much drama.

Exactly I got a pretty good deal of rewards from spook (like $40-$50 worth). Plus I don't know any other retailer that offers flexpay. Plus SSC customer service is great, I always get the help I need.

Officially done printing one third of the base. Some quick sanding and test fitting to make sure the diffuser logo fits. Now to print the other 2/3 and glue this bad boy up for painting. Ordering the LEDs later this week unless this hurricane kills me (I'm in Southwest Florida).

Everything but the top logo will be painted with black primer then a rock texture spray paint like the nameplate in the picture. I was a little worried it wouldn't support the weight, but even with this one third being home, it can hold a lot of weight. Will keep everybody posted. The STL files will be available once I know it all works as planned.
9517d326b8cbe75ee9f22060d0d8d7aa.jpg
ab090487dba3cb8f0608e58f3116dbab.jpg
c6c77ff1edbfd352f53e699ca2949702.jpg

Chris8907; Officially done printing one third of the base. Some quick sanding and test fitting to make sure the diffuser logo fits. Now to print the other 2/3 and glue this bad boy up for painting. Ordering the LEDs later this week unless this hurricane kills me (I'm in Southwest Florida).

Looks good, cant wait to see it painted.

Good luck with Hurricane Irma, one after another crazy. I have family in Florida too, God Bless...

Chris8907; Officially done printing one third of the base. Some quick sanding and test fitting to make sure the diffuser logo fits. Now to print the other 2/3 and glue this bad boy up for painting. Ordering the LEDs later this week unless this hurricane kills me (I'm in Southwest Florida).

Looks good, cant wait to see it painted.

Good luck with Hurricane Irma, one after another crazy. I have family in Florida too, God Bless...
Yeah, in the middle of moving this week so all my figures are packed up luckily. The new place is bigger and more secure, but I got word today the appliances were delayed because of the hurricane, so I can't move in yet. So I'm bunkering down in my less secure apartment. You guys just got it, our turn.

Officially done printing one third of the base. Some quick sanding and test fitting to make sure the diffuser logo fits. Now to print the other 2/3 and glue this bad boy up for painting. Ordering the LEDs later this week unless this hurricane kills me (I'm in Southwest Florida).

Everything but the top logo will be painted with black primer then a rock texture spray paint like the nameplate in the picture. I was a little worried it wouldn't support the weight, but even with this one third being home, it can hold a lot of weight. Will keep everybody posted. The STL files will be available once I know it all works as planned.
9517d326b8cbe75ee9f22060d0d8d7aa.jpg
ab090487dba3cb8f0608e58f3116dbab.jpg
c6c77ff1edbfd352f53e699ca2949702.jpg

Looks great, Chris. Thoughts and prayers sent your way, sir.

No, it's not. Thats the illusion of ss reward points. You spend more upfront to get points that you can only spend with ss.

Why not just pay the cheaper price from another retailer, skip the points, and spend the difference in price on gas, or tequila, or potato chips, or widgets? Or save it?

I'm in complete agreement with you but you're wasting your time brother.
You can explain it all day but some can't understand the simple economics behind it.

Whether anyone thinks Sideshow makes quality products or not, there's one thing they excel at... it's called 'marketing'.

I'm in complete agreement with you but you're wasting your time brother.
You can explain it all day but some can't understand the simple economics behind it.

Whether anyone thinks Sideshow makes quality products or not, there's one thing they excel at... it's called 'marketing'.

Its like people who buy Apple products....good god...overpriced products yet people still buy them.

Its like people who buy Apple products....good god...overpriced products yet people still buy them.

That's a very good example. Their products are marketed to be very attractive. The packaging and the products look great. A very secretive "leaked" photo every now and then is very clever. Are the products over and beyond what the competition offers?

Someone just shared these on facebook. From hong kong I think. I don't think its HT because of the hulk figure, Hulk does look a bit bigger but maybe he's more in the foreground. Could it now be coming with the jackhammer arm?!
b5ff53191815cb74a80fcc77685efe65.jpg
03fc7054b14db1046a6c48c244062a75.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back