1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's flummoxing is the reason HT decided to 'trim the fat' from its original design. Now it makes me ponder the weight issues in past iterations. Oh ho hum! What a conundrum!

Last edited:
I think it's supposed to be 22", but that might have changed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Could be. To accommodate the Mark XLIII, they might have had to alter the height. If so, that means it's slightly taller or as tall as the 1/4 Mark XLII standing on top of the deluxe gantry base. That's big!!

Articulation break down of the torso and fingers:

Upon closer examination of the much celebrated photos, HB appears to reveal propitious articulation. What does this mean? Subzro may be correct about it for the most part. The arms/shoulders would seem capable of being pulled out due to an exterior cylinder. Similarly, the torso seems capable as well since it's comprised of two distinct panels (upper and lower). And lastly, the fingers resemble that of KA's except one particular joint—a ball-jointed thumb base or "carpometacarpal joint"—attributing to an increased range of motion.

Update: How can I forget? —the chest piece is by-far the most interesting to date.

shoulders.jpgabs.jpgfingers.jpgchest armor.jpgUpper chest.jpg

Articulation break down of the torso and fingers:

Upon closer examination of the much celebrated photos, HB appears to reveal propitious articulation. What does this mean? Subzro may be correct about it for the most part. The arms/shoulders would seem capable of being pulled out due to an exterior cylinder. Similarly, the torso seems capable as well since it's comprised of two distinct panels (upper and lower). And lastly, the fingers resemble that of KA's except one particular joint—a ball-jointed thumb base or "carpometacarpal joint"—attributing to an increased range of motion.

Update: How can I forget? —the chest piece is by-far the most interesting to date.

View attachment 349208View attachment 349211View attachment 349210View attachment 349214View attachment 349215

Great observation! I really hope you're correct on this!

I just collect 1/4 movie statues and I couldn't resist to this extraordinary figure. I was convinced I would never spend on an Iron-man to lock inside but I am glad I completely changed my mind after seeing the pictures. I went to ebay and got a Mark 43 to mimic that pose of him leaving the HB. This thing is an extravagant base or a diorama in itself, it's way nicer than all the other figures and statues of HB I have seen. Hats off to Hot Toys.

Why would you "hope" they wouldn't re-release it?

Why wouldn't you want them to re-release it? :dunno

As a collector, why would you want the same figures being continuously re-released? Re-release of figures featuring considerable upgrades in quality (e.g. plastic --> diecast) is understandable, however the original 1/6 Mark 43 was nearly perfect. Those that missed out at the time of initial release should be obligated to source theirs from the secondary markets.

But to each their own, I suppose.

As a collector, why would you want the same figures being continuously re-released? Re-release of figures featuring considerable upgrades in quality (e.g. plastic --> diecast) is understandable, however the original 1/6 Mark 43 was nearly perfect. Those that missed out at the time of initial release should be obligated to source theirs from the secondary markets.

But to each their own, I suppose.

I agree with you. It's been no secret the 43 is compatible with hulkbuster. Also it routinely sells for below retail on ebay. Perhaps that will soon change.

I just put this together quick to try and figure out how big he actually is. This is based off my mark 43 in hand measurements -- perspective, how upright he is standing, and how much more height we get from the helmet will for sure be factors, but I think this is pretty close.

HB Scale.jpg

Do the knee lights have separate double lights? They seem a lot smaller then the movie and first prototype

Do the knee lights have separate double lights? They seem a lot smaller then the movie and first prototype

Those do look way too small in the latest pics. If you look at the old proto pics the knee lights are correctly larger than the chest reactor. Now they appear to be smaller?

Back