1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Delay is INSANE :lol

They better add Veronica and the hammer arm and the best box art possible

Nope. They allow a refund or transfer for the NRD one time only if you ask nicely.

This is wrong, if its been delayed 3 months or more you can get your NRD back without using your one "courtesy" NRD refund. This is a massive delay on top of it already being delayed, just get them on the phone or chat and ask for it.

Absolutely not mad about this.
I don´t have an answer from my supplier yet, hope he gets back at me today and ordering Hulk TOGETHER with this doesn´t pose a problem.

Sorry. Havent been here lately. HB is being delayed till when?

Edit. Just saw the email pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expected a Delay, but not such a big one. Up to nine months...and still not sure that HB will be released at this time.
A statement why would be nice, but I don't think we will get this Info. We could only guess what is causing it.
Will not cancel it but also not expecting we would get any extra like Veronica or the jackhammer.
So the last hope is, that HT isn't cancelling the HB at all.

So we'll be getting Age of Ultron products all the way to next year?! Isn't Infinity War coming very soon by the time this Hulkbuster hits stores?!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

We just got batman returns figures this year, 25 years after the fact. In the midst of BvS, after five recasting of batman. So a couple years after the film are not even close to being the longest.

True its hot toys delay But Sideshow are profiting from it. Our money is sitting in their bank accounts building interest for an extra 7 months or so. I'm not sure on numbers but if they had 200 pre orders then they have at least $100,000 dollars just sitting there.

Your money is not sitting in some bank account making them money. They allow flex payments for free. It costs nothing. Where else can you "finance" an item and it cost you nothing? So even if they got interest in it, your saving more by not being charged for finance. They also have to pay hot toys in advance for items. They send in and commit to paying hot toys so they are in the same boat as customers. They may be handled different (when the full funds are collected of how, but it amounts to the same thing).

As for getting a refund...due to American laws if the figure is delayed by a certain amount you are legally entitled to a full refund with no penalty. They can't hold your NRD. But, the notification emails they send are part of that process. It's their notification that it's been delayed, and you have a set period of time after that email to request the order be cancelled. So if you want to cancel this is your chance to get your refund with no penalty.

Your money is not sitting in some bank account making them money. They allow flex payments for free. It costs nothing. Where else can you "finance" an item and it cost you nothing? So even if they got interest in it, your saving more by not being charged for finance. They also have to pay hot toys in advance for items. They send in and commit to paying hot toys so they are in the same boat as customers. They may be handled different (when the full funds are collected of how, but it amounts to the same thing).

As for getting a refund...due to American laws if the figure is delayed by a certain amount you are legally entitled to a full refund with no penalty. They can't hold your NRD. But, the notification emails they send are part of that process. It's their notification that it's been delayed, and you have a set period of time after that email to request the order be cancelled. So if you want to cancel this is your chance to get your refund with no penalty.

That's a fair point.

It's not a finance if you don't have the product in hand. Why would we pay extra for a item we don't have? Seriously think Im gonna just cancel and get my money back.

Sorry man, but when a bank "finances" you something, you have it. It's not like they make you pay for a house for 25 years before they let you live in it. And the money sideshow collects is absolutely sitting in a bank somewhere making them money, it would be the worlds worst business plan otherwise. If it was being held in trust there would be a very different financial arrangement. I have no problem with how SS does business, but they aren't doing you any favours by collecting an NRD as well as a steady cash stream before delivering a product.

A truly "free" flex pay would be just saving your own money and collecting your own interest.

Exactly what Chiefrocka said, its not a finance at all. Financing an item means that you have it in hand and have a loan with the seller. In this case, we are giving sideshow money in advance for free, that helps Sideshow more than it helps us. Even if it is not sitting in a bank account earning Sideshow interest, they can do different things with that money, such as paying Hot Toys in advance for the product.

Guess to make up for this delay I'll just collect the whole Civil War line...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eaxctly. I only had one payment left so I'll be on the phone with sideshow once they open for the day. Maybe I'll preorder it down the line, but for now I'm getting my funds back.

Honestly, my reaction to HB being delayed is meh. It'll come when it comes.

I'm pretty much the same way. Of course I would've liked it sooner, seeing that I'm totally stoked to get it. But, I'd rather have it be done correctly and get it later than get it early and have problems.
To be fair, I'm not in the same situation as most who have payment plans going. I've paid the NRD, but that was over a year ago.

Exactly what Chiefrocka said, its not a finance at all. Financing an item means that you have it in hand and have a loan with the seller. In this case, we are giving sideshow money in advance for free, that helps Sideshow more than it helps us. Even if it is not sitting in a bank account earning Sideshow interest, they can do different things with that money, such as paying Hot Toys in advance for the product.

Damn beat me to it but yep that's pretty much how I feel. Sideshow aren't doing us any favours, we are filling their bank accounts and in return we get a figure at some point. It works out pretty well for them too. If they did do finance I suspect their business would take a massive hit as these high end items are a luxury not an essential. When times are tight these would be the first things to be sacrificed to the great bills god in the sky.

I paid the NRD of $80 and was waiting to pay the rest once it shipped; for those that were on Flex, how much money is tied up?

Back