1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So we are expecting an Ultimate Ultron announcement next week? Or are we talking about Sideshow shipping Ultron Prime next week?

Is this the next release, or Scarlet Witch or Vision?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So we are expecting an Ultimate Ultron next week? Or are we talking about Sideshow shipping Ultron Prime next week?

If HT produces an UU, which I believe they ultimately will at somet point, I don't think you'll see it for at least another year.

They'll probably release UP, let people have their fun with that for awhile, then release UU later on and let people who got UP decide that they need UU instead.

So we are expecting an Ultimate Ultron announcement next week? Or are we talking about Sideshow shipping Ultron Prime next week?

Talking about prime getting released. And not through sideshow. Sideshow gets them after the public release in Hong Kong. Prime has not been released. Vision, QS, SW all have been. When sideshow gets stock depends on when hot toys releases them, when the ship is loaded(they don't just sail on hot toys whim...the entire cargo ship needs to be loaded and full before it leaves), how long it takes to sail across the Pacific, how long the long beach coast takers to unload and customs to clear them, and then how long to load it and get it transferred to sideshow. Then they have to check the stock and inventory it. Remark each one. Label them. Charge them. Make sure the payment clears. Then hand them over to shipping. All of that takes a significant amount of time. 4-6 weeks from the week a figure is released in Hong Kong.

I could have sworn Ultron Prime was out in Asia months ago, but I guess I'm wrong on that. I understand the basic idea on when/how Sideshow ships stuff, but I haven't been tracking Asia releases closely enough lately. That why I'm not sure what the next few HT releases will be. I guess folks are saying Scarlet Witch will be in a month or so. So I guess I can predict Vision will ship a few weeks after SW?

I could have sworn Ultron Prime was out in Asia months ago, but I guess I'm wrong on that. I understand the basic idea on when/how Sideshow ships stuff, but I haven't been tracking Asia releases closely enough lately. That why I'm not sure what the next few HT releases will be. I guess folks are saying Scarlet Witch will be in a month or so. So I guess I can predict Vision will ship a few weeks after SW?

That would be a good guess. Early April probably on Vision.

And I was just laying out the full details in case you, or anyone else, didn't know why it takes time. I see a lot of complaints and the "why does it take sideshow so long" posts.

That would be a good guess. Early April probably on Vision.

And I was just laying out the full details in case you, or anyone else, didn't know why it takes time. I see a lot of complaints and the "why does it take sideshow so long" posts.

Yeah you were just being thorough. I've been collecting HT figures since before they had the DC or Marvel licenses (perhaps pre-Sideshow and through Diamond back then?), so I've got the drill down at this point. Sideshow is a bit cryptic on their shipping order though. It used to be they shipped to resellers first, but 5 years or so back it seems that changed. Usually they seem to ship to website direct customers first now, other than Striker which I got through my LCS earlier.

Recently, I haven't been on the forums enough lately to know what's out when.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be nice. I'm waiting for inhand pics plus some reward points to drop before I preorder

I have a noob preorder question: If I preorder Ultron now and pay the full amount. Do they charge me right away or when they ship it to me?

I have a noob preorder question: If I preorder Ultron now and pay the full amount. Do they charge me right away or when they ship it to me?

When they ship it.

Before it ships, they'll often email you ahead of time and let you know when it's going to start shipping and ask that you have the funds available.

Back