1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow... that's it! I'm priced out! For real this time... can't do $400 a pop, that is just crazy. Looks like BTTF will be my last line with HT. Man, I freaking miss those days of $180 dollar HT figures.

Yeah, I'm happy Captain America and Star-Lord landed in the $225 zone...and I'm hoping the regular figures stay around that price point for a while. I think that's the sweet spot for those guys. It's pricey, but manageable -- though it's even harder now with how crap the Canadian dollar is at the moment.

They just posted Ultron on Facebook as well, which is getting the reaction you'd expect from people :lol

$380??!

giphy.gif

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Collectible Figure (Teaser)

Question :

That Ultron looks very similar to the drones....

How do we know that Ultron is not just a photoshopped drone, mocked up for the Cover of the magazine?

In fact, it looks like the body of the Ultimate Ultron shown today in the Hot Toys teaser, and a red colored Drone Head, they could have changed the head, so that the end of the trailer would have more of an impact.....
THERE-ARE-NO-STRINGS-ON-ME-ULTRON.gif
If Ultron is so hyper-intelligent, why does he feel the need to have a moving mandible for speech?

Maybe you don't, but it happens a lot. No one forces a preorder. You have the option to wait till it's released. Or do what you did and seek it elsewhere. But I can't fault a business for requiring a deposit on a product they have to guarantee to have once you preorder. If multiple people preorder and cancel sideshow is (it takes more the. Five or ten but it happens in larger numbers) then stuck with items they may have to sell at a loss.

It's great you don't cancel your preorders. But it happens all to often. There was a person on here that preorder a figure, canceled, reordered, and then canceled again. And about every two pages on average, in any thread after a figure is released, you can find a preorder canceled. The preorder and flex pay are both courtesies sideshow provides, and yes they can help SSC as well, that are not required. So if they want to make sure they don't get stuck with a bunch of dead stock I'm fine with that..heck I support it completly. It helps my figures hold their value.

Oh I completely get why they do it. I just don't feel that I as a customer should have to suffer the indecision of others. So I'll take my business elsewhere. Whatever that means because they still get their share as a distributor.

Also, value schmalvue. I don't buy toy futures. If these things are worth anything in 50 years then society as whole has lost the meaning of what true value is.

Defiantly buying this guy, Christ Jan 2016. The price is not bad, with the prices I pay on other statues, this will be nothing. Need a villain for my avengers collection, never was a fan of Loki has a villain

Looking at him, how many are they making? could not find the exact numbers

Defiantly buying this guy, Christ Jan 2016. The price is not bad, with the prices I pay on other statues, this will be nothing. Need a villain for my avengers collection, never was a fan of Loki has a villain

they dont post #'s

I think Loki (Avengers) is one of HT's best looking figures. Though Ultron is going to look like Manute Bol standing next to him :)

My guess was $325 and I though that was high. At $375, HT & Sideshow have officially lost their minds. I've said it before, but unless it's an exclusive that I really want and it's a reasonable price, there's no reason to preorder anymore. These prices are so high that they're all gonna come down on the secondary market.

Multiple $200 figures - great! Multiple $400 figures - Not worth it! I thought I was in.... After seeing the price tag - no thanks!

Multiple $200 figures - great! Multiple $400 figures - Not worth it! I thought I was in.... After seeing the price tag - no thanks!

Sadly, I think I'm out of the figures from this movie. I guess I'll just have to be happy with the original Avengers figures.

I have cap on order. Might keep him, but I don't know.

Back