1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This figure turned out fantastic :clap.. unfortunately I'm over AoU and have to pass on this. I had to decide between this figure and thanos and my patience couldn't take the wait lol. Still might grab if I can unload thanos at retail price.

This figure turned out fantastic :clap.. unfortunately I'm over AoU and have to pass on this. I had to decide between this figure and thanos and my patience couldn't take the wait lol. Still might grab if I can unload thanos at retail price.

i'm waiting to see what an infinity wars thanos is like.. i also would love to see hot toys reveal an ultimate ultron. i love the look of this, but i'd prefer to only get one ultron.

i'm waiting to see what an infinity wars thanos is like.. i also would love to see hot toys reveal an ultimate ultron. i love the look of this, but i'd prefer to only get one ultron.

Agreed about Thanos. I doubt they will do an Ultimate Ultron. Ultron Prime is great, but I would have preferred if they had done the comic style head instead. I really dislike this version and think it throws off the entire figure.

Agreed about Thanos. I doubt they will do an Ultimate Ultron. Ultron Prime is great, but I would have preferred if they had done the comic style head instead. I really dislike this version and think it throws off the entire figure.

I wouldn't want a comic head.. But a nice compromise would've been an angry head. I've been saying for a while that I wish this had included a head with his cheek circles open (like they are in the movie when he's angry) with a mouth that isn't as toothy.

I feel that an ultimate version is inevitable. There are plenty of parts that can be reused, but there's enough new parts to warrant the figure being made. It's just the wait that's going to be the problem.. Would they reveal one this year?.. Or wait 2-3. They've done mark 1, prime, the sentry, I can't imagine them skipping ultimate.

Given the way the head is designed swap out heads just wasn't an option.

As for the comic head...that's just not an option. Design is not done by hot toys. People are complaining about the avengers logo on Cap beicause it's not accurate (even though it is) or the gold gauntlets in mk45 for the same reason (again, still seen on screen). Imagine how much not screen accurate complaints there would be when the heads not based on the movie at all?

If you don't like the design of a character then your not gonna like the figure based on it. Not much hot toys can do. Legally they couldn't have made a comic head if they wanted. Don't have the license.

Given the way the head is designed swap out heads just wasn't an option.

As for the comic head...that's just not an option. Design is not done by hot toys. People are complaining about the avengers logo on Cap beicause it's not accurate (even though it is) or the gold gauntlets in mk45 for the same reason (again, still seen on screen). Imagine how much not screen accurate complaints there would be when the heads not based on the movie at all?

If you don't like the design of a character then your not gonna like the figure based on it. Not much hot toys can do. Legally they couldn't have made a comic head if they wanted. Don't have the license.

I think they could've included a head swap had that been established prior to sculpting the prototype. it probably would've helped them come up with something to allow for better head articulation. Whether it meant adding hinges to the back pieces or some other system.

Or.. They could've come up with a swappable two piece head. A similar idea to the eyes of deadpool or the iron man figure faceplates but clearly more extensive. From the look of the head, it seems like they could've come up with something where the face above the mouth could be removed to add the cheek-less angered expression face.

Again, I'm saying that this is a decision that would've been made early in the process so that it could've been incorporated from the beginning.

If they tried those things and none of them worked.. I think the opened cheek look would've been a better direction to go in. Especially with the emphasis on the light up feature. To me, using an expressionless head is similar to if they had used an expressionless head on the hulk. Sure, it's accurate, but the angry expression was more memorable.

Clearly there's nothing that can be done now, I just think an expression would've REALLY helped diffuse the lifeless look when the lights are off.

If I had all the Avengers and Ultron, I'd try to create a display with all of them fighting him in the middle. :yess:

My two gripes would be the mouth / jawline...closed it looks fine but open it looks meh..no depth making it very toyish looking. The second is the paint, it looks really flat not their best work. Maybe done purposefully to get the cool reflections when lights on ..dunno

Can't wait to receive this figure.

Even though I have 4 more AoU figures to receive (including Ultron Prime), I feel this is the main one I need to unofficially complete my AoU collection being that the main villain will be added to it.

I may have to pick this guy up if the don't make an Ultimate Ultron. I wouldn't complain tho. This did come out excellent:clap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I start paying for this guy next week. If Star Wars did not come out I would have ordered many more Avengers figures. As it stands I only have Cap and Iron Man so far.

I may have to pick this guy up if the don't make an Ultimate Ultron. I wouldn't complain tho. This did come out excellent:clap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'm really hoping we get an ultimate ultron announcement sometime soon. if not.. looks like i'll wind up with both prime and the ultimate version (assuming they eventually do one)

I'd be more inclined to say HT will do an UU. UP just released. They'll probably give collectors time to buy this one and let them have their fun with it for awhile and then release UU, and let buyers decide they need UU instead or in addition to UP.

Regardless, I'm personally just going to stick with UP. He's plenty large enough for me and this was the form he was in for 75% of the film.

i'm really hoping we get an ultimate ultron announcement sometime soon. if not.. looks like i'll wind up with both prime and the ultimate version (assuming they eventually do one)

I'd be more inclined to say HT will do an UU. UP just released. They'll probably give collectors time to buy this one and let them have their fun with it for awhile and then release UU, and let buyers decide they need UU instead or in addition to UP.

Regardless, I'm personally just going to stick with UP. He's plenty large enough for me and this was the form he was in for 75% of the film.

It may take a bit longer than we all hope. Just consider the gaps between the releases of Iron Man and then Iron Monger. Or Whiplash and Whiplash MKII...I think Whiplash MKII was around a 5 year gap from film release to having it on your shelf, so it could be a while...then again, trying to predict Hot Toys' business pattern is an exercise in futility :lol

It may take a bit longer than we all hope. Just consider the gaps between the releases of Iron Man and then Iron Monger. Or Whiplash and Whiplash MKII...I think Whiplash MKII was around a 5 year gap from film release to having it on your shelf, so it could be a while...then again, trying to predict Hot Toys' business pattern is an exercise in futility :lol

Good point.

Back