1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks magnificent. :clap

It's time for another "screencap vs. figure" comparison! Surprisingly, that shot actually seems demonstrate how HT managed to nail a lot of the details and proportions on their figure (even the head), except for one blatant part: the neck.

7GIS3hs.png

While one might argue that the official render being shot from a lower angle obviously skews the image, this actually makes HT's mistake even more obvious since the lower angle would have emphasized the triangular neck on the official render, but this is simply not the case.

Love the side by side. Thanks for taking the time to do that! :clap I was already happy that I preorder this on day one and this is just the cherry on top.

Love the side by side. Thanks for taking the time to do that! :clap I was already happy that I preorder this on day one and this is just the cherry on top.

You're welcome! :hi5:

Yeah, looking at it side by side, it seems HT actually got a lot of details/proportions right, which makes me really happy to have ordered the figure. Honestly, if they just fix up the neck, I think it would be close to perfect. :)

Neck need to be thicker and the head need to sit lower on it. Don't think they'll fix that though since it's so minor.

So I got the chitauri with triple rewards, cap, mark 43, batsignal set and TDW thor coming through. I'm going to wait for those reward points before I commit to any Ultron.

It's time for another "screencap vs. figure" comparison! Surprisingly, that shot actually seems to demonstrate how HT managed to nail a lot of the details and proportions on their figure (even the head), except for one blatant part: the neck.

7GIS3hs.png

While one might argue that the official render being shot from a lower angle obviously skews the image, this actually makes HT's mistake even more obvious since the lower angle would have emphasized the triangular neck on the official render, but this is simply not the case.

One word...articulation. I hate that the accuracy has to suffer because of the desire to have his head be able to look all over the place. It doesn't look possible for this figure, but I wish HT would provide 2 necks, one for articulation and one for accuracy.

It's time for another "screencap vs. figure" comparison! Surprisingly, that shot actually seems to demonstrate how HT managed to nail a lot of the details and proportions on their figure (even the head), except for one blatant part: the neck.

7GIS3hs.png

His lats aren't as big on the figure either, loses the V-taper body shape that the CGI has which I like. The HT needs the thicker neck, wider lats, chest more pronounced and a slight increase in size of everything below the red glow in his torso, maybe ~5% increase.

Last edited:
His lats aren't as big on the figure either, loses the V-taper body shape that the CGI has which I like. The HT needs the thicker neck, wider lats, chest more pronounced and a slight increase in size of everything below the red glow in his torso, maybe ~5% increase.

Good assessment. I wonder if it will be changed though, and if enough people ordered to warrant any major modifications :thud:

Good assessment. I wonder if it will be changed though, and if enough people ordered to warrant any major modifications :thud:

Nothing will be changed, people already put money down so why would they bother?? Just pointing out the flaws, not that it looks bad as it is. Still prefer the king arts one, much better proportions overall, but not as quality a finish.

View attachment 179890
While the king arts looks better proportion wise, it looks like a toy because of the bland finish. Whereas the HT one looks great due to the variations in colouring and slight weathering.

Last edited:
One word...articulation. I hate that the accuracy has to suffer because of the desire to have his head be able to look all over the place. It doesn't look possible for this figure, but I wish HT would provide 2 necks, one for articulation and one for accuracy.

I'm a stickler for accuracy too, but sometimes something has to give. Articulation is pretty much why I collect figures instead of statues. As much as I like the thicker neck, I'll take it trimmed down a bit if that results in the lesser of two evils

Do you guys think they make Ultron's eyes look red when he's not lit up? I'm not loving the dead eyed black he's got going on.

hehateme posted those a while ago and they were the 2 pics that got me fully committed. I think he displays beatifically unlit. Look at that handsome bastard. Frigin' regal he is

from the photos, we can see that the shoulders and waist area of the KA ultron
are more compact than the HT ultron. which makes the KA ultron more spot on
in proportion. i am thinking, may be KA doesnt take into consideration the articulation
as seriously and properly as HT. KA just concentrate on making a nice looking prototype
to attract people's attention, to order their product.
KA have shown us that they can make very nice looking 1/9 scale iron man action figures.
They have produced mark 42, mark 3, star boost, blue steel, mark 37, mark 7 prototypes
since they started business one and a half years ago.
but they have never produced a single action figure as a final product so far. so
the articulation and how durable it is is still a big question to customers.
to put a mass production line into operation requires a lots of investment and expertise.
but to make one single prototype with limited articulation is comparatively much easier.
KA seems to be very happy doing this at the moment!

Back