1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:goodpost:

Even Sabrina, diehard Cap fan, had to do surgery on him. I have every cap except SSM myself and I would only get him if he was for $5 at the absolute most.

This.

He's under the impression that a figure that nobody wanted to begin with (b/c it's terrible) will suddenly become wanted b/c the 6th iteration of Cap's suit will have similarities. However, the exact opposite is what's held true -> when the newest iteration is previewed by Hot Toys the majority who own the old one fire sale them as quickly as possible to replace them with the newer, much better one.

This.

He's under the impression that a figure that nobody wanted to begin with (b/c it's terrible) will suddenly become wanted b/c the 6th iteration of Cap's suit will have similarities. However, the exact opposite is what's held true -> when the newest iteration is previewed by Hot Toys the majority who own the old one fire sale them as quickly as possible to replace them with the newer, much better one.

Very true

Very true

Yep.

I'd think a Cap fan would have learned that lesson from Strike Suit Cap and then the AOU Cap being shown not long after that. :dunno

Still, I could see people going back for Strike Suit eventually b/c that figure is a pretty great release as opposed to Spangly Man.

Yep.

I'd think a Cap fan would have learned that lesson from Strike Suit Cap and then the AOU Cap being shown not long after that. :dunno

Still, I could see people going back for Strike Suit eventually b/c that figure is a pretty great release as opposed to Spangly Man.

I have Stealth Cap and AoU Cap and I am perfectly content keeping them both :)

This.

The only one that consistently held its value is Iron Man.

Thor is the biggest example. He hasn't really changed and that's why I still only have 1 Thor and that's the first one. No interest in hunting The Avengers or Dark World.

That being said, I wouldn't go out of my way to find Odin to "complete" my Thor 1 line. Just not in demand.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434510026.403121.jpg

I LOVE this figure!!!!!

This is the Cap representation I always wanted.

I added the Strike Suit boots!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The shoulder height is about the same but the neck on TFA is shorter. i did get the TFA Cap off eBay a couple years ago so it might have been changed to make it taller.

And there it is. If AOU Cap is 6'2", TFA Cap is barely 6 ft.

Thanks for the pics.

This thread is getting increasingly bad for my health. It's going to be REALLY difficult for me to get through each day once that PREORDER button changes to a BUY NOW button.

The shoulder height is about the same but the neck on TFA is shorter. i did get the TFA Cap off eBay a couple years ago so it might have been changed to make it taller.

That part's going to be overlooked because of the height differences, but mine has a short neck too. However, I wouldn't trade the articulated short neck for the newer head sculpt with the straight neck. I like my dynamic poses too much.

And what happened to TFA Cap's pants? They're sagging in the front (there's too much red strap visible in the front).

That part's going to be overlooked because of the height differences, but mine has a short neck too. However, I wouldn't trade the articulated short neck for the newer head sculpt with the straight neck. I like my dynamic poses too much.

And what happened to TFA Cap's pants? They're sagging in the front (there's too much red strap visible in the front).

Not sure they might have gotten moved when i was trying to get as him straight as i could. He has been boxed up, i just pulled him out for the pic and put him back.

Back