1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I think the AOU is the best so far, including CW. I like all the variation in colors and while it seemed to busy the first time I saw it, I think it makes for a more interesting looking suit. I also think the fabric for the CW suit looks odd. Like he's in a rubber suit or something.

The only think I don't like is the boots. The boots remind me of workout stirrups from the 80s. Would have preferred to just see regular boots.

And I much prefer the brighter blue to the navy blue.

Anyone from outside of the US order from SCC? If so how often do you guys get hit at customs for taxes? Just investigating my best source to order this guy from.

I've never ordered from SSC, but I have bought from the US. On at least one occasion, not only did I have to pay the customs fee, but also the fee that Parcel Force slapped on top. I won't order from the US again, I will wait until what I want lands this side of the pond.

Anyone from outside of the US order from SCC? If so how often do you guys get hit at customs for taxes? Just investigating my best source to order this guy from.

Never ever been hit at customs for taxes. It's always been smooth sailing for me, no matter where I shop from eBay or Animarket.

Yep, I get slapped with some hefty Fedex charges for each figure, some good some bad, I think ordering from certain HK sellers on eBay might spare you the charges, don't ask me which ones though :dunno

Hey, I'm in Toronto also and I pre-ordered my AoU Cap from Heroes World at Highway 7 and Warden. They charge the same price as SCC (they apply the exchange rate from the day it was shipped) and you're guaranteed to not pay s&h or any surprise duty fees. Last I checked the owner still had like 2 or 3 spots left. They also have good deals on TWS Black Widow, Bucky, and Falcon right now if you're looking for those.

Also, for future pre-orders, you can order from toytards.com in Vancouver. They're slightly cheaper than retail, flat rate shipping of $12 anywhere in Canada, and they offer reward points (in general one figure will give you enough reward points to cover the shipping of your next order). I pre-ordered Vision from them.

Hope you find Cap.

Hey, I'm in Toronto also and I pre-ordered my AoU Cap from Heroes World at Highway 7 and Warden. They charge the same price as SCC (they apply the exchange rate from the day it was shipped) and you're guaranteed to not pay s&h or any surprise duty fees. Last I checked the owner still had like 2 or 3 spots left. They also have good deals on TWS Black Widow, Bucky, and Falcon right now if you're looking for those.

Also, for future pre-orders, you can order from toytards.com in Vancouver. They're slightly cheaper than retail, flat rate shipping of $12 anywhere in Canada, and they offer reward points (in general one figure will give you enough reward points to cover the shipping of your next order). I pre-ordered Vision from them.

Hope you find Cap.

Awesome thanks for the tip, I'll be going uptown this weekend so I'll swing by Heroes World to see if they have AoU Cap available still. I wanted to get it from Toys2 at First Markham but they're sold out of preorders and so is toytards. I went with Animarket for the Mk45 over toytards, man our dollar is killing us =(

I try to avoid it whenever possible. I've ordered two things from sideshow because I wanted the exclusive versions and each time I've been hit with about £30 charges from fedex.

I've never had a customs charge yet... Fedex currently have my Mk 43, and I'm hoping I see the parcel tomorrow..

I love how they go darker colors on his movies to give it a more serious tone compared to the Avengers bright and super-superhero-y look. The CW one looks like he found the middle ground between his Stealth suit and AoU ones.

Its a damn super hero movie. Why should he not look "superhero-y" ? People like you should maybe stick to collecting figures of regular movies.

I try to avoid it whenever possible. I've ordered two things from sideshow because I wanted the exclusive versions and each time I've been hit with about £30 charges from fedex.

For anyone in the UK ordering from SSC I'd offer the following advice.

Firstly, collectables aren't subject to UK customs duty, only VAT.

When you order from SSC what usually happens is SSC process the order as usual, then FedEx handles the rest, applying taxes as appropriate (in this case 20% VAT) but also their own handling charge (about £10 GBP). This then ensures that when the package lands UK side it sails straight through customs as they can see it's been processed properly already by FedEx.

If FedEx didn't get involved it may be that you could dodge the VAT altogether OR customs get hold of it and you get hit for customs, VAT and a handling charge at the UK end. It really is a lottery that way.

The best thing to do (this may apply to other countries also) is to setup a FedEx account and pass the details to SSC when you order. What this does is allow for communication between SSC and FedEx so you don't end up paying the handling charge. Yes you will pay UK VAT but nothing else. This allows for a proper calculation of how much something costs as you simply take the shipped price and add 20% VAT, that's it!

Hope this helps some people.

I'm going to sell my Avengers Captain America to fund getting the new AOU Captain America since I just don't have room for multiple Captain America figures. Does anyone know if the Avengers Captain America from the first film is still selling on the secondary markets?

I'm going to sell my Avengers Captain America to fund getting the new AOU Captain America since I just don't have room for multiple Captain America figures. Does anyone know if the Avengers Captain America from the first film is still selling on the secondary markets?

Sold mine for $250 shipped a couple weeks ago. Used that to fund my AoU one and don't regret it one bit.

Excellent. I figured I'd just list it for what I purchased it for at launch and see if there were any bites. It's in great condition even the Shield. It's the nostaliga part of it being one of my first Hot Toys that has kept me from doing so now.

51642617.jpg

When you say "first film" do you mean Captain America: The First Avenger or THE Avengers?

Back