1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at these side by side, I am liking the boots on the stealth a lot more & I may eventually switch them out. There's enough brown straps on stealth's boots to match the rest of aou's but that grey & black color might need to be painted a diff color. I'll prolly buy another pair of stealth's boots & paint the straps red then the rest brown.
the boots are the one area of the AOU that aren't great for me.

Jesus, TWS Cap looks like he's shrugging. Thank God for AOU Cap resolving the body issue.
The shoulder area is a massive improvement on the AOU. I think it's that they are wider, and the straps for the harness are better and placed better. The shoulders are everything that is wrong on the stealth.

Did this Cap have an NRD? I want to cancel and reorder with the AVENGE2015 coupon but I can't remember if I already paid a deposit or not.

Depends on when you ordered. It did not have a NRD at 1st but they added one later. You can look at your order and it will show if you paid a NRD.

That's what I did. Ordered it before the NRD came into effect. Cancelled my pre-order and re-ordered with the coupon. Win-win!

I want to reorder and use the code also. I ordered before the nrd.
But I just don't know how long that pushes you in back of the line.
As excited I am to get my mark 43 next week, I was hoping cap shipped first cause he's the one I'm looking forward to the most.

Received the 3-5 week notice about a week or two ago, and I just don't want to end up waiting for a couple of months for a $20 discount.

Okay, I ordered back in January and it looks like I didn't pay an NRD. So I just reordered with the coupon to get the $20 off. NOW I paid an NRD, but still, a savings of $20 overall makes it worth it.

I want to reorder and use the code also. I ordered before the nrd.
But I just don't know how long that pushes you in back of the line.
As excited I am to get my mark 43 next week, I was hoping cap shipped first cause he's the one I'm looking forward to the most.

Received the 3-5 week notice about a week or two ago, and I just don't want to end up waiting for a couple of months for a $20 discount.

No line with SSC, it's all random. People who ordered months after a figure went up for PO can receive it before someone who ordered the day it went up for PO.

My local store and preferred online retailer are sold out of preorders and I'm tempted now just to order one off Loontentoys on eBay - is that the best price or should I wait it out?

No line with SSC, it's all random. People who ordered months after a figure went up for PO can receive it before someone who ordered the day it went up for PO.

That and the savings is precisely why people do it. It introduces the NRD to virtually everything, but that will just make me hold off on purchases now unless they are limited items or exclusives.

That and the savings is precisely why people do it. It introduces the NRD to virtually everything, but that will just make me hold off on purchases now unless they are limited items or exclusives.

:exactly: Personally I don't mind NRD's on the more expensive figures, but when its on the likes of this Cap, Vision, Widow or Hawkeye its just plain annoying, I don't know why but it just is

:exactly: Personally I don't mind NRD's on the more expensive figures, but when its on the likes of this Cap, Vision, Widow or Hawkeye its just plain annoying, I don't know why but it just is

Agreed. People say it is because prices are going up, but I disagree. Prices are bound to go up...it is inflation. Previous $160 - $199 figures never had them...yet now, inflation equivalent figures have said NRD. Indeed...annoying.

They are making it so that they have something for nothing if you order a figure and cancel. And if you want to use a code, it will be for figures they likely have smaller stock for or cannot sell. Not always the case, but seems to be trending to that.

This is the waiting process of this hobby:

-Waiting for specs and pics
-Waiting for SS to put it up
-Waiting for it to be released to see blogger pics
-Waiting for it to ship
-Waiting for it to arrive at your door
-Waiting for the next version

SO MUCH WAITING :lol

:rotfl So true!! It's a never ending cycle!

-Waiting for it to ship

You forgot waiting for reviews :D :wink1: and yeah it always ends with 'waiting for the next version' :rotfl

-Waiting for it to ship

495.gif

SSbJqlU.gif

Back