1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait for this one to be released. As long as it matches the prototype it will be awesome. I can't afford to go all in on The Avengers line but after Cap I'm looking forward to The Vision, Iron Man 45, Ultron Prime and maybe the Hulk.

This. Its an approach to collecting that doesn't make much sense to me yet its big with alot of people. Why wouldn't I want different Caps? Or Thors? There's a reason all 40 of the Iron Man suits are so popular in this community.

As of now, I own every Cap I like (AOU Cap is on PO). GA Cap was terrible so I skipped him. I own every Thor I like - meaning just Avengers Thor and Sleeveless Thor from Dark World. 2011 Thor needed work so I skipped him.

Because many collectors only want 1 representation of a character in their collection, and the thinking is that the newest release will be the best on most fronts (portrait, paint app, tailoring, body, etc).

Some of us only want one representative version of a character in our collection (personal taste), and some of us also can't afford to buy every Cap or Thor we want (financial constraints). Some people like big collections, some people like smaller collections. Outside of financial constraints, it's all personal taste (and what we can appreciate), so whatever seems right for one of us doesn't have to be right for someone else.

Different magnetic gloves.

16657843227_7fb7f4c4f5_b.jpg

Some of us only want one representative version of a character in our collection (personal taste), and some of us also can't afford to buy every Cap or Thor we want (financial constraints). Some people like big collections, some people like smaller collections. Outside of financial constraints, it's all personal taste (and what we can appreciate), so whatever seems right for one of us doesn't have to be right for someone else.

My point is its foolish to allow future iterations of a character [which you haven't seen] to be the deciding factor in whether or not you buy the current one - which you like.

Example: I'm not buying AOU Cap even though I love the costume because I'd rather wait for Civil War Cap. Then next year the exercise repeats: I'm not buying Civil War Cap even though I love the costume because I'd rather wait for Infinity Wars Cap.

In the end, I'd end up with no Cap.

I buy what I like, doesn't matter if I already own a previous version of that character or if there's a guarantee that there are going to be future versions of said character.

My point is its foolish to allow future iterations of a character [which you haven't seen] to be the deciding factor in whether or not you buy the current one - which you like.

Example: I'm not buying AOU Cap even though I love the costume because I'd rather wait for Civil War Cap. Then next year the exercise repeats: I'm not buying Civil War Cap even though I love the costume because I'd rather wait for Infinity Wars Cap.

In the end, I'd end up with no Cap.

I buy what I like, doesn't matter if I already own a previous version of that character or if there's a guarantee that there are going to be future versions of said character.

If you're talking about waiting for future unseen versions, then I think you have a point. But even then, I can see someone saying "what if I really love Civil War Cap more than AoU Cap?" Maybe there's some hassle that collector doesn't want to go through as far as possibly reselling a figure. Or maybe they're waiting for that one "perfect" Cap figure and are willing to not own a Cap until they find one. And I don't doubt that this mentality is much more common among collectors who only collect just one representation of a character.

Case in point, I still don't own an Iron Man figure simply because I'm waiting for the right one to come along. But based on what's coming out, I think this is the year that that changes. Or rather, I think this is the year where one comes along that I really want to buy, in spite of any unseen future releases that might make me want to resell the figure.

Oh for Pete's sake, it's not like if the next Cap is better you have to throw the last one in the garbage can. Sell it. Maybe lose a little money, maybe even make a little money. Then buy the next one.

Or BUY THEM ALL!!! hahaahhaha

If you're talking about waiting for future unseen versions, then I think you have a point. But even then, I can see someone saying "what if I really love Civil War Cap more than AoU Cap?" Maybe there's some hassle that collector doesn't want to go through as far as possibly reselling a figure. Or maybe they're waiting for that one "perfect" Cap figure and are willing to not own a Cap until they find one. And I don't doubt that this mentality is much more common among collectors who only collect just one representation of a character.

Case in point, I still don't own an Iron Man figure simply because I'm waiting for the right one to come along. But based on what's coming out, I think this is the year that that changes. Or rather, I think this is the year where one comes along that I really want to buy, in spite of any unseen future releases that might make me want to resell the figure.

There's been like 35 Iron Men released, how is there not one for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This'll be my first Cap and I'm really looking forward to adding it to my collection; I'm not sure I'll buy another version but only time will tell. I'd like to see SSC update their release date to match Budget Stark's announcement...that would make me real happy. As far as the figure's articulation, my limited display space doesn't really lend itself to extreme poses so standing there looking bad-ass with his shield is good enough for me! And then there's the magnets...!

Nice one to stat with. This one looks to be the best Cap so far. (debatable). but it looks like Evans the most in both face and body.

:lol Sure you wont buy another version :rotfl OK Tinman2000............. OK

We will be seeing the civil war cap suit soon..the filming starts in 2-3 weeks...

Those who are on the fence regarding the aou suit can wait for pics of the new suit in CW before making a decision

We will be seeing the civil war cap suit soon..the filming starts in 2-3 weeks...
Those who are on the fence regarding the aou suit can wait for pics of the new suit in CW before making a decision

oh I didnt know it started shooting soon. :hi5: They could wait sure..... no harm in that

Or you can just get both like me :)

:horror........ :yess:

Good point, might be waiting to see what that looks like then. I have the Cap/Rogers 2 pack coming tonight, but I've already decided I'll be parting ways with that and either picking up AoU Cap or maybe waiting to see what CW looks like, that will most likely be the only one I pick up.

That is a very good point. This really is a great suit and figure but I am still hesitant on it. I may just wait to see what CW brings.

This is already coming up as available for paypal purchase from Sideshow. So is Black Widow. I wonder if these will be coming out much sooner than later.

Back