1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
unnamed2_zps459822cb.jpg

Now you can remove that iron guy in the back and put this guy front and center.

With that pic, I'm having a fire sale because I can't even look at these anymore:lol
unnamed2_zps459822cb.jpg

I'm still digging all of my Caps (including TFA) for all of their differences and movie specific attributes. But don't listen to me, I'm the only guy on the forum who like the GA sculpt.

My standards are seriously depleting in my old age

This will be the Cap for my collection. Glad I didn't pick up the Stealth Suit or the two pack with the Rogers figure. This has everything I want with the two head sculpts and an awesome costume. Hopefully it isn't too terribly pricey. I'm guessing between $230 and $240 personally.

finally a captain america suit that looks fitting (except for the knee guards though)

1495446_10151988867672344_2000886182_n.jpg

10408115_10152575497802344_4939459741026653391_n.jpg

Wow, totally missed this, but that Rogers prototype new paint-up is amazing (costume is awesome, too, of course). I'm always a masked/helmeted display person, but this is the first example where I could see having the default display being unmasked. Great job by HT. That empty helmet could be a cool prop in an Ultron display, too (along with maybe the Ex BD Mark XLII helmet, Thor's hammer, etc.).

Dang it! Should have held back on ordering the TWS 2 pack!

I thought they were never going to release a figure with additional HS anymore, but so glad they did with this one.

Def getting this!

Someone mentioned the broken shield. Maybe it's something that would be included with Ultron, if that footage is even in the movie. It could be dramatic effect just for the trailer

Someone mentioned the broken shield. Maybe it's something that would be included with Ultron, if that footage is even in the movie. It could be dramatic effect just for the trailer

Well we may or may not get it based on the context of the movie.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Well we may or may not get it based on the context of the movie.

Spoiler Spoiler:
That seems totally plausible and would be a great accessory. I'm thinking Ultron, but those kinds of props would work even better with Thanos on his throne. Could see that being a pretty cool display, if done well.

Day 1 pre-order for me as this will be my 1st CA......
Never had a Cap, either, but this is the most tempting yet. Even though I usually gravitate to the 'classic' designs, this is a really nice update. Just looks definitive.

Also, love the magnet idea and that you can display the shield nicely on his back without having to fiddle w/stuff. When I sold off all my 3.75" Marvel figures, the only one I kept was the black & white Captain America SSC exclusive. Have him on my work desk with the shield on his back (shield facing me). Really like the stoic vibe I get when I look at it.

Last edited:

Oh hell yes, best news to wake up to... great looking figures with all of the features I was hoping for!

Dang it! Should have held back on ordering the TWS 2 pack!

I thought they were never going to release a figure with additional HS anymore, but so glad they did with this one.

Def getting this!

Me too, I have been watching a couple of the WS empty helmets on eBay considering bidding along with the alternate head; been holding off hoping this would have both and I am glad I did! Only reason to now is to consider building a 1/6 hall of heroes display with helmets, cowls and whatever else after looking at the spares I already have from Silver Centurion (currently displayed with the open helmet)

As soon as I saw that in the trailer I knew it would be with a version of Ultron, probably his final form unless that isn't the version to break it, and possibly it will be an exclusive add on for the figure unless the figure is an ex in its own right!

Really excited for this!

Back