1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it from OneSixthKit.com only 30 bucks and got it within a week from HK. I believe is the exact same head sculpt from the 1/4 MK 43 BUT IN 1/6

It's a nice custom head but it's not the same sculpt as the 1/4 hot toys. Changing scale on a sculpt isn't something that can happen very easily. Otherwise they just life cast the actors head and scale it and boom.

If you live in the US, there are no import costs. Only thing that may show up is PayPal or credit card company charging for currency exchange rates but its not expensive. You basically pay whatever they quote you and you get the figure within 5-10 business days. PC is awesome. This figure was apparently $221 during their Halloween sale.

No customs either? Now I'm really looking forward to Black Friday/Cyber Monday. :pray:

No customs either? Now I'm really looking forward to Black Friday/Cyber Monday. :pray:

Me too.
I really regret chickening out getting a DOFP Wolverine during the glitch PC sale for a little over $140.
I already had it on my cart, but couldnt pull the trigger cause I couldnt decide if I wanted another Wolverine figure.
Kept putting it in my cart, then deleting it. lol.
Then, PC caught on and it went back up to $190.

I don't think Black Friday is a big thing in Australia though is it? I don't really know, I've been living overseas for a few years and only just returned. Not sure what has changed in that time.

eee592aa86929a0a2b14b7fd11bfb4dd.jpg

Finally unboxed mine. First IM figure for me and love it. It's hefty and just looks fantastic. Now I'm excited for the Mark 45 and might now consider the Mark 3

Ahhhh! I'm so jealous. Eager to sell some things so I can get this guy on my shelf.

That said, if this does wind up being my first IM suit it will also be my last until the new DC War Machine. Mark 3 is one of the best-looking, but I think I'll wait for HT to do it again with actual ab articulation :wink1:

Ahhhh! I'm so jealous. Eager to sell some things so I can get this guy on my shelf.

That said, if this does wind up being my first IM suit it will also be my last until the new DC War Machine. Mark 3 is one of the best-looking, but I think I'll wait for HT to do it again with actual ab articulation :wink1:

Will HT remake MKIII again?

That's a question no one can answer. But even if they did it would be 5-10 years away, most likely. And chances are not good they would.

The suit was designed with limited articulation so it's as much a design issue as it is choice by hot toys. The first two didn't have it either.

Long time without posting pictures...today I took time for me, for my figures and for me (again) :mad:

I love the mark 43. I will change the position of these two guys during next days. WM looks like a statue...ok, ok, you know what I mean.

Attachments

• DSCN3405.JPG
    DSCN3405.JPG
    452.5 KB · Views: 211
Great picture!

I should be receiving WM within the next couple of weeks from BBTS. One thing that kind of confuses me though, is the directions for the Mk XLIII and Mk XLII recommend that they (and any die-cast figure for that matter actually) not be displayed on a u-cradle stand; due to the weight, I suppose. However, yet WM comes with one of the standard AoU u-cradle stands that the other AoU figures do.

tony, my 43 is rock steady at the ankles. mine is posed without any stand and is holding up fine. its a pose that is fairly dependent on the ankles being sturdy...arent they all i suppose? anyway, don't be afraid to ask for a replacement. BBTS is cool that way.
Black. Took your advice and contacted them about the foot. Sure enough, they had me send back the defective leg and have a new one that should be here tomorrow. Stoked to see what kind of poses I can accomplish.

In the spirit of Halloween, here is a pic I took of him and batman. Great figure and I appreciate the encouragement to pick him up!20151026_090836.jpg

Back