1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's up, everyone? I'm currently in the process of moving with my girlfriend. Moving the Hot Toys collection has been extremely stressful. But I found a place for Iron Man that would fit Tony Stark well.

image_zpsbukf5qi9.jpg

Yep. Right in bra heaven. (No worries. Got the girlfriend's permission before posting. Lol)

I love how the color turned out in these pics:clap

Yup, i like a bit desaturated color when looking at images of him, BUT i still love the candy red color HT did on the figure in hand. Guess i like shiny stuff better than dull colored stuff :lol

Nice pictures!

He is a really solid figure indeed. The entire AoU line is turning out to be really good.

Thx dude. Just need to get one more figure from the AoU line. Cant wait to get my black widow :yess:
The capt AoU is too expensive for regular figures. Also not a fan of headsculpts with off center eyes, so its CApt Winsol version for me... Hulk is meh for me, and i like hawkeye ver1's headsculpt better than the new one.

Does anyone miss tony or banner? Is there anyone here thinking that HT should produce another tony? Bcos i think they should :lol
I like the im3 series tony headsculpt better than the arc reactor ver. but the only clean head of im3 series is the pricey mech test set that i cant justify the price. Rose hill & mechanic are both battle damaged and bloody hs. So the hunt is still on for me... (Sigh)

Thx dude. Just need to get one more figure from the AoU line. Cant wait to get my black widow :yess:
The capt AoU is too expensive for regular figures. Also not a fan of headsculpts with off center eyes, so its CApt Winsol version for me... Hulk is meh for me, and i like hawkeye ver1's headsculpt better than the new one.

Does anyone miss tony or banner? Is there anyone here thinking that HT should produce another tony? Bcos i think they should :lol
I like the im3 series tony headsculpt better than the arc reactor ver. but the only clean head of im3 series is the pricey mech test set that i cant justify the price. Rose hill & mechanic are both battle damaged and bloody hs. So the hunt is still on for me... (Sigh)

No problem!

Ah, I think the AoU was accurately priced. In my opinion, I think it's by far the best Cap figure released thus far. Regarding his headsculpt, I believe that it is the same headsculpt that was used on civvy Steve in TWS dual pack, so I can see why they repainted his eyes gazing to the left for something different. Some people just popped in the civvy Steve headsculpt on AoU Cap, being that they also like headsculpts that have a straight ahead gaze.

I didn't get the first Avengers Hawkeye, but I picked up the AoU one. The headsculpt on this one looks pretty amazing to me. I have my Widow already, and you'll love it. My only quibble was that the hair on it was a bit too frizzy, so I took a dab of hair product mixed with water and applied it to her hair using my finger. Made a big difference.

So I opened my mark 43 up today and one of the helmet magnets fell out. I figure this is an easy fix with some glue and not really worth bothering sideshow over. Anyone have any tips on what glue to use for this fix? Super glue? I have some testors liquid cement as well but I'm not sure I trust that. Any opinions are greatly appreciated!

So I opened my mark 43 up today and one of the helmet magnets fell out. I figure this is an easy fix with some glue and not really worth bothering sideshow over. Anyone have any tips on what glue to use for this fix? Super glue? I have some testors liquid cement as well but I'm not sure I trust that. Any opinions are greatly appreciated!

Loctite gel glue. Works wonders.

Thank you for the suggestion! I'll have to pick some up. I guess I should have specified that it was the magnet in the faceplate part of the helmet. In fact, one magnet fell off in each of the face plates.

I literally just posted about this in the Silver Centurion Thread lol. Except mine was one of the freaking huge shoulder pads, but yes I agree so far the Loctite Gel is what I used and it seems to be holding up pretty well. Just glued it last night so I'll have to check when I get home.

Back