1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine yesterday!! He's my first die cast. I remember that the Mark 42 had issues. Is this just a repaint. If so what should I be looking out for. He is a BEAST by the way.

Just unboxed this bad boy :yess:

The heft of this thing over the plastic ones I get what people mean about the difference between these new die cast figures in comparison to the plastic ones!

That said, I also agree with those who say looking at them there is no difference; I am currently looking at him next to Silver Centurion and they look equally great (although this new one looks better because of the base, really do not like the bases they put with the HPP suits).

Now to get my 'office' room emptied and painted ready to put up my Detolf cabinet.

Congrats Chris.

Yeah that's why I prefer the Die-cast figures. They come at a premium but the overall look and feel really leaves a lasting impression when unboxing and indeed when posing.

It's why I'm still hoping Hot Toys do a Die-cast Ultron. I don't doubt that the current plastic prime version will have presence in a collection, but I do think a Die-cast alternate option for those who have other die-cast MCU figures should be considered. Pricy but definitely worth it in my opinion.

I got this figure last night but only had the chance to take a quick look. I really like the base and mark 1 piece. Can't wait to spend some time posing this up

Congrats Chris.

Cheers :) only negative (other than SS skipping the pack out, not a biggie but now I have checked over the figure apart from the lights I need to get in touch with them about that) I have with it is one of the magnets inside the damaged faceplate was not stuck on properly.

Not a serious issue as some careful superglue application will fix that.

Thank you Captain Obvious. I'm just curious as to why he bought it. Just to resell period?

No i bought it because I liked the base and don't have an Iron Man. I like the armor enough but am a 1 of each character collector type of guy and am stuck between this and the 45.

No i bought it because I liked the base and don't have an Iron Man. I like the armor enough but am a 1 of each character collector type of guy and am stuck between this and the 45.

Ahh I gotchya. Yeah between this and the 45 I think I'd take the 45 but it is a toughy! The 45 has a cool base too and you get an ultron sentry piece. Not sure I could pick!! :thud:

In a word...WOW!!!
Ok, now I see the whole deal about diecast. I'm a fan.
I have been torn getting this figure, and was even up to the last minute came close to cancelling it.
I'm sooooo glad I didnt. This thing is flat out beautiful.
The damaged Ultron is nice extra also. And although the base is nice, its a little bulky.
This thing is sooo pose friendly. Any kind of pose looks natural.
And this does make my Mark IV feel older now.
I LOVE IT!!! :love

In a word...WOW!!!
Ok, now I see the whole deal about diecast. I'm a fan.
I have been torn getting this figure, and was even up to the last minute came close to cancelling it.
I'm sooooo glad I didnt. This thing is flat out beautiful.
The damaged Ultron is nice extra also. And although the base is nice, its a little bulky.
This thing is sooo pose friendly. Any kind of pose looks natural.
And this does make my Mark IV feel older now.
I LOVE IT!!! :love

Awesome pictures

Those are awesome photos, Remy! :clap

Also, if anyone knows where I can buy the damaged Ultron figure, that would be awesome! I'm already ebay watching for it, but if there's a better place, that would be great, too.

Those are awesome photos, Remy! :clap

Also, if anyone knows where I can buy the damaged Ultron figure, that would be awesome! I'm already ebay watching for it, but if there's a better place, that would be great, too.

Keep an eye on Monkey Depot, they part out figures, but you gotta be quick

Back