1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Off topic question, but does anyone know how many reward points equal 1 USD?

Not to go all business on ya, but you are really not understanding manufacturing. Resin, oil and heat prices have been escalating for the last 10 years. What you make one year over another is going to have added charges the next. It's easy to say they use the same parts, by that is the design not their fault.

Point is there is still design and process to manufacture iron man figures which is not the case for regular Ht figures outside of a cheap plastic body.
I'd agree with this. It's not that there isn't some sort of 'tax' here and there for popular franchises, but overall, my feeling is the cost is pretty rational for the detail and run size. Unfortunately, it's easier for a lot of fanboys to believe that HT or SSC has ulterior motives and is "screwing them" than just pass on a figure.

Last edited:
Yup, if anything, that photo of a dissected Iron Man figure reminds us that 43 is all the same with 42 save for the reversed paint scheme. Whatever the reason behind the huge mark up is, $35 is hard to swallow.

Gotta disagree. Design is the biggest part of the iron man figures. A typical HT cloth Dollie has all of the expense in the sculpt. The clothes are pennies to make and assemble.

See exhibit below...... Not being a fanboy, just know manufacturing pretty well. That is design, tech and time.

Hot-Toys-Iron-Man-Mark-VII-Disassembled.jpg

This pic kicks some serious ass.

It does. Crazy what all goes into a figure. Someone had to put that together as well, paid crap wages and probably in poor conditions, but still.....:lol

I'd love for HT to offer a full model IM that we could put together, be fun to put together.
And then we pay $300+ for it. What a world we live in.

Yup, if anything, that photo of a dissected Iron Man figure reminds us that 43 is all the same with 42 save for the reversed paint scheme. Whatever the reason behind the huge mark up is, $35 is hard to swallow.
It is if you're in for every release. The aggregate of enjoying ALL of Iron Man/Avengers or Star Wars is pretty brutal. But if you are prepared to pass but for your favourite releases, it's not that bad. I'd agree, $345.00 is very steep. But try buying this figure if HT didn't exist and it was a custom. Would cost you $2k easy.

I wonder how accurate this will be to the final movie version though. Nothing is ever final until the film is shown in theaters. I wonder what if Whedon/Marvel decides to make some changes to the armor? I like how this MkXLIII turned out, but it does feel like a risk to jump in this early.

It's not slated to release until August and there's always at least a few months' worth of delays, so there's always a chance for some tweaks. Not likely, but possibly.

Sonny, I remember back in the 2000's, I used to be able to get an Iron man for $159 dollars.:lol

So what if all of this also is a price hike from the evil mouse when HT went and signed that fancy schmancy Star Wars deal? I'm sure they are passing a little bit of that license on to this line as well. Cause they know it can take on the extra costs, given the strong brand. Everything they sell for the next couple years is going to feel the weight of that contract as well most likely.

I agree. So far, the only armor I've seen made into a 1/6 toy that could reasonably fit a 1/6 person inside is the Silver Centurion.

Agreed exactly.
Hah, I told myself mark 33 would be the first and only. But the temptations are back. Even if this does get waitlisted, I'm pretty sure a place like bbts will have it back in stock during/after release in 2015. That's how it worked for the 42 and the other diecasts. I'm just interested in seeing if the other possible suits look better than the V and VI- the suits I'm praying will get re releases

I wish we could buy this figure for $214 haha. That is depressing to see that price. I will say I appreciated how cheap GA captain america was earlier. Not pouting but I'm probably not gonna buy another IM for a while. Need to get Thorbuster but I bet it'll be cheap for 12 days or next year.

Back