1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trust me guys, this piece worth to get, even though you already owned Mark 42 probably...
Mark 42 or 43 fencesitters, jump into the Mark 43 bandwagon now!

A quick summary on the fixes/improvements done on Mark 43:
- Double ball joint on neck, makes it better for head articulation, turning sideways, looking up, etc...
- The normal head LED window panel has been fogged in white instead of transparent, probably diffusing the lights.
- The chest Arc Reactor has been finetuned; the whole piece is made of translucent plastic, Mark 42 has the outer triangle made of solid silver color.
- The sideskirt is now liftable; as shown in the official picture.
- The rear bottom piece is now made of hard plastic, instead of Mark 42 rubber piece, which is still prone to red turning to pink.
- The button which release the leg section is now able to lock into once you release it, making it no longer accidentally slide back into the groin section.
- the upper thigh articulations is improved; you can rotate further and much easier than Mark 42, for the sake of ground pouncing pose.

AND the most important part...

- The shoulder articulations definitely have improved! no longer afraid of being too loose or too hard, you can definitely lift them up in 90 degree position, and the bicep are much easier to rotate than before. the elbow articulation has improved as well, you can go up a bit more now.

I'm still on the fence on getting either this or the 45. I really want this is because it's the last generation of the suit. (MK2-42) The 45 and on is going to be based on that design and obviously improved. So I don't really know. Both suits didn't really do much in the film. Can't really decide on which.

You know what Tony Stark will say?

9DEA1329-FB65-4989-8FD2-FA14CA2E9EBD_zpsf95rxcug.jpg

Got mine around a week ago. Loving the new articulation, and I also love the weathered effects, something I feel the Mark XLII was missing.

I have it currently paired up with the battle damaged Mark XLII head.

d251691490c56e7aba02251b8bb49835.jpg
57807d4501583875be02d6e8057c7f50.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh star lord is an impressive first! Avengers Loki was mine :) its a slippery slope tho right?! [emoji38] but totally worth it in my book. Love these things
Original BR Joker was my first. Slippery slope is right... I started out this year only wanting AoU Cap and Thanos. Now I've got Winter Soldier and the Batman armory on flex, and I want War Machine, Vision, Ultron Mark 1, and the Arkham Batman. Crazy expensive hobby but definitely worth it

Original BR Joker was my first. Slippery slope is right... I started out this year only wanting AoU Cap and Thanos. Now I've got Winter Soldier and the Batman armory on flex, and I want War Machine, Vision, Ultron Mark 1, and the Arkham Batman. Crazy expensive hobby but definitely worth it

Wow another nice first! Luckily I've been able to stick to Marvel for the most part but that'll change soon :slap I've been thinking about picking up the armory and thanos myself :hi5:

WOOHOO mine is on the Fed Ex truck for delivery today in Ottawa Canada !!!!!!

That's a nice and sensible option. :) I also completely forgot that Budget Stark had a video with the AoU War Machine and Mark 43 together, if that helps your decision at all. They actually look pretty good together.

The 45 looks really nice, but it's similar to the 46, which I suspect will come with a head sculpt (and probably an extra $20 in the price tag). So that's another waiting option (if 2017 for an IM figure is fine with you). I also wouldn't be surprised if some third-party Mark 45/Tony Stark head sculpts started showing up next year after the figure comes out.

Plenty o'time to decide. :chillpill:

Totally forgot about the video. :slap Thanks skizzoid. :)

Seriously....I am not the biggest fan of Iron Man. I can LIVE with just one Iron Man...but if this was Captain America, that would be a WHOLE other story. :wink1:

Trust me guys, this piece worth to get, even though you already owned Mark 42 probably...
Mark 42 or 43 fencesitters, jump into the Mark 43 bandwagon now!

A quick summary on the fixes/improvements done on Mark 43:
- Double ball joint on neck, makes it better for head articulation, turning sideways, looking up, etc...
- The normal head LED window panel has been fogged in white instead of transparent, probably diffusing the lights.
- The chest Arc Reactor has been finetuned; the whole piece is made of translucent plastic, Mark 42 has the outer triangle made of solid silver color.
- The sideskirt is now liftable; as shown in the official picture.
- The rear bottom piece is now made of hard plastic, instead of Mark 42 rubber piece, which is still prone to red turning to pink.
- The button which release the leg section is now able to lock into once you release it, making it no longer accidentally slide back into the groin section.
- the upper thigh articulations is improved; you can rotate further and much easier than Mark 42, for the sake of ground pouncing pose.

AND the most important part...

- The shoulder articulations definitely have improved! no longer afraid of being too loose or too hard, you can definitely lift them up in 90 degree position, and the bicep are much easier to rotate than before. the elbow articulation has improved as well, you can go up a bit more now.

Cool! I hope you guys post more pics soon. I really want to see more pics of the tony stark head sculpt that came with this one. :pray:

Seriously....I am not the biggest fan of Iron Man. I can LIVE with just one Iron Man...but if this was Captain America, that would be a WHOLE other story. :wink1:

You know I kind of agree with. I've heard of quite a few people where their iron man is the crown jewel of their collection. And the. Obviously we have the people that buy almost every iron man. It's never been my favorite tho. My favorite figure is Cap! I can live with one or two iron men in my collection and be just fine! But then again I do have 4 iron men coming from AoU so I may be converting:lol

I'm starting to think I should transfer my NRD from Mk3 to the 43. I'm only going to have one IM in my collection. The Mk3 is classic but would that make it look "dated" next to the rest of the Avengers? The 43 would look more modern. I'm not a fan of the organic look the 45 and 46 have.

Cool! I hope you guys post more pics soon. I really want to see more pics of the tony stark head sculpt that came with this one. :pray:

Here you go. I do like the HS, however I feel the battle damage one feels better with the bloody HS from the XLII.

aabb920257eedb2e2aeb9b3fb654aeb8.jpg
2f67e320f8164d8104ad39cb2c1f4443.jpg
9542f62812b82a9c42cf6c56d26dd557.jpg
abff1f0c0632158f3c8a3ac7d2d7a74d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't ordered the MK 43 yet but it's a must-have to go along with the HB; is SSC shipping this guy yet, they still show a June-July shipping date?

Back