1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too... but anyone else getting sick of these ridiculous shipping prices? $21 for this thing? Give me a break!!! Especially w/ gas prices down, the shipping should be cheaper!

Tell that to usps and ups and fedex. They don't reduce rates.

Sorry to ask this type of question but I really want the EX and I have low expectations for my WL to convert (ordered 4/5). How much do you think these will be going for? I have a feeling my best bet for a decent price would be to wait out the initial craze and wait for the price to settle. Or does the price only go up from there?

I'm sure reselling is not a popular subject and I hate to put it out there that I'd be willing to submit to it to a certain degree, would just hate to miss out on the EX. Thanks!

Tell that to usps and ups and fedex. They don't reduce rates.

Yea I know... but I'm just speaking from fact of things I've recently shipped. Boxes almost double the size of this thing and weighs 6 lbs... it cost me $15 and I don't have a corporate shipping rate like these people do. So to screw us w/ $21 shipping charge is a joke!

Got the "you better have the money" from Sideshow mail.

right?
You can't just spring $350 on me like that
tumblr_no961kw9bu1urmhgko1_400.gif

No SS does not allow pick up. My work is just up the street from their HQ. I cannot even get the packages held at UPS distribution that is right around the corner from them.

Sorry to ask this type of question but I really want the EX and I have low expectations for my WL to convert (ordered 4/5). How much do you think these will be going for? I have a feeling my best bet for a decent price would be to wait out the initial craze and wait for the price to settle. Or does the price only go up from there?

I'm sure reselling is not a popular subject and I hate to put it out there that I'd be willing to submit to it to a certain degree, would just hate to miss out on the EX. Thanks!

I would have thought your best bet for the EX would be to see what the Chinese re-sellers on eBay are selling it for. I only order direct from Sideshow now on exclusives as living in the UK it's often cheaper for me to buy the normal edition locally or from ebay due to shipping and customs charges. Sometimes I have managed to pick up an EX cheaper on eBay too!

I still can't believe I'm paying $400 ($398.49 with packout) for this...and I have two on pre order. Insane! I have cap, marty and the avengers wm arriving soon and multiples on cap and marty. Going to be a very , very expensive 5-8 weeks

I still can't believe I'm paying $400 ($398.49 with packout) for this...and I have two on pre order. Insane! I have cap, marty and the avengers wm arriving soon and multiples on cap and marty. Going to be a very , very expensive 5-8 weeks

Yup.. I'm getting a lot of emails from SS at the moment.. pretty much everything in my sig except Arnie is awaiting the next few weeks..

I would have thought your best bet for the EX would be to see what the Chinese re-sellers on eBay are selling it for. I only order direct from Sideshow now on exclusives as living in the UK it's often cheaper for me to buy the normal edition locally or from ebay due to shipping and customs charges. Sometimes I have managed to pick up an EX cheaper on eBay too!

Thanks for the reply. I'll be keeping a lookout for them on ebay. Saw a regular version already in the US go for over $400. I can't get that cheaper off of SS with a little patience so I'll hold off to see what people want for the EX.

Once they start charging, people's cards will get declined and others will cancel for other reasons (the fact that this is expensive and early should help in that department). The WL has the best chance of moving quite a bit when that process starts happening, so I'd sit tight, you never know.

And you can always get the EX helmet from one sixth kit if you really have your heart set on it.

Once they start charging, people's cards will get declined and others will cancel for other reasons (the fact that this is expensive and early should help in that department). The WL has the best chance of moving quite a bit when that process starts happening, so I'd sit tight, you never know.

And you can always get the EX helmet from one sixth kit if you really have your heart set on it.

Appreciate the advice! Good points. I've thought about those scenarios as well. I'm just worried that getting a conversion from an order as late as April is really pushing it even if there are multiple cancelations. I will be sitting tight though. Gonna be extra tough once WM comes in though. I already know in gonna want to pair him with IM asap lol.

Edit: How do I rep people? The icon doesn't pop up on anyone's posts except for my own.

Appreciate the advice! Good points. I've thought about those scenarios as well. I'm just worried that getting a conversion from an order as late as April is really pushing it even if there are multiple cancelations. I will be sitting tight though. Gonna be extra tough once WM comes in though. I already know in gonna want to pair him with IM asap lol.

Edit: How do I rep people? The icon doesn't pop up on anyone's posts except for my own.

Hey Free,
you can only rep people if you are a Premium Freak.
:slap

Got the demand notice too. Anyone know if they would hold a payment over for four days? Just got back from maui and was really hoping id get the full 5 weeks till it came in :lol

Back