1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Xenomorph is getting youtube paychecks like Shartimus Prime, then the $350 is a solid investment.

Have things changed that much in the last few years that they are paying that much? It used to be you wouldn't make that much for millions of views.

View attachment 178783
So basically Hot Toys rushed and missed some details from the suit.

Yep... I was waiting for someone to post that. HT are being sneaky with this one. They are rushing it through to get as many sold as possible before the MK45 is revealed. Quite clever actually, and I bet this suit and some other figures have very noticeable inaccuracies

What's wrong with the red eyes Helmet? I think its cool. The LEDs might be dim but would you really have them on that long?

It's cool but my WL probably won't convert and I'm not paying $365 after shipping just to get that little helmet. Haha

Yep... I was waiting for someone to post that. HT are being sneaky with this one. They are rushing it through to get as many sold as possible before the MK45 is revealed. Quite clever actually, and I bet this suit and some other figures have very noticeable inaccuracies
If the left wrist comes off I bet they end up selling an accessory pack with that part, I am guessing it's a laser unless they have really screwed up on both this and the 1/4 (which they have as that has wrist rockets for both arms).

It's not definitely HT not being accurate as Marvel may not have let them know all the features, it's not the first time a movies toy line has been inaccurate due to changes by the film makers (Playmates made figures for Star Trek Generations which were cut from the film on the first day of filming, their Enterprise-E from First Contact was based on very very early concept art etc etc)

Well I wouldn't say it's hot toys's fault. Marvel gives them reference material from mid production and Marvel could easily change stuff in the final production and at that Hot Toys could be done with the figure. Granted ifhot toys wants to be accurate they should wait for the movie to be released but then they run the risk of not meeting the hype and losing sales.

Pretty sure anyone who has said anything on this site has been guessing ha not saying they aren't educated guesses based on previous experience...

Just got my mark 43 today from HK, his back right top thigh armour plate wich is diecast was not glued/screwed on, and loose in the box :( Its an easy fix I hope, but not what you would expect from such an expensive figure! A little dissapointed!

Last edited:
Just got my mark 43 today from HK, his back right top thigh armour plate wich is diecast was not glued/screwed on, and loose in the box :( Its an easy fix I hope, but not what you would expect from such an expensive figure! A little dissapointed!

Disappointing :ohbfrank: Hopefully you get it fixed :duff and its not a common issue

So my mk43 come with a defective back thigh plate that was loose. It looks like its missing something inside the leg that the rivets lock onto. However, the plate can stay in place on its own, but a knock can dislodge it. The QC issue to one side, this figure is great. I was a little apprehensive about buying it as I own the mk42, but there is just something about it in hand. Its pretty amazing, and I wont be selling the 42, they look really good together.

Pardon the poor photos, these are just quick ones out of the box right now, until I get him setup properly.

Cheers

DSC_4509.JPG

DSC_4510.JPG

DSC_4511.JPG

DSC_4512.JPG

DSC_4513.JPG

Back