1/6 Hot Toys - MMS276 - Commando: John Matrix Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20718526794_3a47c52d51_z16.jpg21153109290_601930e612_z21.jpg21330493542_fd883c10cc_z12.jpg21153121020_03f76ebe42_z13.jpg

To the guys that have this in hand and had time to soak it in, do you think the sculpt is the same as the proto or was there distortion in MP? I know the paint and details softened (a bit more then the norm in this case) but was there a change in the sculpt?
Based on the pics I took of mine, It's close to the proto sculpt. It might have been tweaked a bit when MP but it looks close to me.:dunno

Based on the pics I took of mine, It's close to the proto sculpt. It might have been tweaked a bit when MP but it looks close to me.:dunno

Nice pics :clap

Yea, I went and saw this guy last night and thankfully my struggle is over. He definitely looks good in person. This is one of those that is just extra unphotogenic. In person the paint apps and details on the sculpt & body are much better than what most pics are catching, and he doesn't look anything like a chubby little boy like many pics suggest. I don't know why but a lot of that nice skin texture and good paint is getting completely washed out in a lot of pics. I've never been this close to bailing on a fig that I had my heart set on so it's a relief that the "better in hand" talk is true.

And I agree about the sculpt. It's mostly lens distortion and the production paint that makes it appear a little different in pics, but it's definitely the same as the proto

Maybe it'll be more palatable with a discount? :duff

I'm a luck duck because my buddy owns a shop so I never pay full retail; only for exclusives that I get directly from SS. Even with the very generous discount I get, I was still ready to bail. Thankfully that's changed now :yess:

Got to unbox mine yesterday and I'm loving this set. Didn't get to fully load him up yet but gave everything a good look over and it's a beaut.

It's really odd how so many of the pics and vids that are out there would suggest that there was a larger than usual swing from proto to production, and in hand that's not the case. This is very much in line with the usual dip you'd expect and accept in production.

Got to unbox mine yesterday and I'm loving this set. Didn't get to fully load him up yet but gave everything a good look over and it's a beaut.

It's really odd how so many of the pics and vids that are out there would suggest that there was a larger than usual swing from proto to production, and in hand that's not the case. This is very much in line with the usual dip you'd expect and accept in production.
Great to hear. Congrats on getting the figure.:)

Loving the pics and your display Sean :clap

Congrats man and a nice pickup for the collection. Having Matrix in the house is a must :lol

016a.jpg

I've had two John Matrix figures - one looked a bit "boyish"...
This one above is the one I kept for my collection - it looks far more dark, meaner...

Back