1/6 Hot Toys - MMS276 - Commando: John Matrix Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah...thank you. No, really, thank you. I saw this yesterday and I was forced to buy one of those damn Zod bodies on ebay. :gah:
Anybody tried something similar on matrix, that seems a bit on the big-head side too?

Haha sorry mate ^^
If like me this is your favorite t1 look you Will be glad you did.
Ypu Will need to do a few mods on Zods body to make it look cooler.
The mandatory mod is to beef up the neck, remove the inner neck plug roll some masking tape on it.
Dont overdo it, to put the neck back warm up the neck with a hairdryer so you can put it back in easely.

The two extra mods if you wanna go the extra mile are, swapping Zods forearms with those from the original bdt800 body, and adding muscular thighs add on to make it look beefier ( i used soldier story ones, removed sanded the veins wich were overdone and heated them to fit better on Zods thighs, i glued mines for more stability).

I Will test tonight matrix hs on Zods body but the annoying thing tho are the arms...
The double joint Will look meh and also Zods body is not painted since it was under a suit.

Oh the shirt i used was from the mms117 but the dx10 grey shirt or any copy should look good.

Last edited:
Thanks so now i need a dx10 shirt and zod body. How well does the zod body fit the clothes and jacket? Is there still good movement?

No problem with the jacket, its tight (wich make the muscle look good) but still allows movements.
I removed the shoulder padding wich were inside the jacket but you can leave them, dépends. The look you prefer.
I need the retry the bdt800 pants on Zods body but since Zods body has thiner thighs than the original bdt800 body i think they work without problem.
Ill try matrix head on Zods body and bdt800 pants on zod tonight :)

Tried matrix hs on my custom zod body, i Will try on a regular zod body when i have the time.
Tried the bdt800 glasses on matrix and they fit perfectly hence both hs have the same size.
As you can see the matrix hs works great on this body proportions.
image.jpg

I'm a total noob, how are people beefing up the neck? I don't understand what exactly you guys are doing.

I'm a total noob, how are people beefing up the neck? I don't understand what exactly you guys are doing.
This concerns only regular bodies, like the ttm20 and bd t800 body.
Matrix body has a rubber neck that cant be modded.
The mandatory mod is to beef up the neck, remove the inner neck plug roll some masking tape on it.
Dont overdo it, to put the neck back warm up the neck with a hairdryer so you can put it back in easely.

There is a gap between the rubber of the body and the neck plug as seen in this picture.

MMS238 neck.jpg

You take something (I used thick paper) and jam it down there to make the neck thicker. Too much and the head will not be able to move, just right and everything will work as it's supposed to but the neck will be thicker and the Terminator will look a lot less like an anorexic with his big head and tiny neck.

Better to remove the neck plug and wrap it up with masking tape evenly then put it back in.
Use a hairdryer to soften the rubber and plastic before removing and putting the plug back in :)

It's the Commandonator!...

Lol

I re checked bodies and all, and i came to the conclusion that the only thing that would really need some work is matrix neck and longer legs.
For the legs i would have wanted to swapp them with Zods leg but i have yet no idea his to remove the rubber.
So i just swapped the ankles and it looks Nice.
For the neck i have no idea how it could be beefed up... Really a shame coz that would look much better.
Hope someone Will find a solution.
A trick if you are planning to beef up a TERMINATOR neck, sometime it ends up being tight with the head on, warm up the base of the head with a hairdryer then you can mold it a bit to fit more easely on the bigger neck :)
Oh and yeah remove the little Disc inside matrix head, it Will sit the head a little bit lower and look better.
To me me it does :)

So there is actually something in there to make the head sit higher? That's one of the bigger problems I have with the figure. I wish the head sat lower on the body.

Tried matrix hs on my custom zod body, i Will try on a regular zod body when i have the time.
Tried the bdt800 glasses on matrix and they fit perfectly hence both hs have the same size.
As you can see the matrix hs works great on this body proportions.
View attachment 209358

The lower legs look a bit too long there for my liking. I'd put that on short pegs (unless it's already on short pegs?). Arnie doesn't have particularly long legs and he isn't particularly tall so I think going with short pegs works for him - provided it isn't throwing his height completely out of whack with other T-800 figures (though I would go shorter with the T-800s generally, I feel HT tends to make them too tall)

The lower legs look a bit too long there for my liking. I'd put that on short pegs (unless it's already on short pegs?). Arnie doesn't have particularly long legs and he isn't particularly tall so I think going with short pegs works for him - provided it isn't throwing his height completely out of whack with other T-800 figures (though I would go shorter with the T-800s generally, I feel HT tends to make them too tall)

I actually went back and forth with short and long pegs, im still undecided. Sometimes i feel its better with long sometimes better with short...
Tough one...

As for the t800 sizes, i just noticed that there is different ankle sizes.
Cannot tell wich are longer but some of the Arnold bodies have slightly longer pegs.
I realised this because one of my mms136 could not stand straight, i then noticed the ankles were not the same size (i must have mixée them when i was re building bodies) just a tiny bit but enough.
Dunno if its the mms136/117 or ttm20, but clearly two sizes of ankles.

Been mostly off the grid for the last couple weeks and I just got to catching up on this thread. Still pretty torn on this fig. There are a good handful of upsides and possibly even more downsides than that. The variation in pics and video aren't curing my confusion but I'm happy to hear that most feel the pics don't do it justice. It's plain enough to see that it's a further throw from the proto than anyone was hoping for, but if it looks better in hand as some say then I'll pull the trigger.

I'm going to local shop tonight to see it on display. Fingers crossed that it'll pull me back in....

To the guys that have this in hand and had time to soak it in, do you think the sculpt is the same as the proto or was there distortion in MP? I know the paint and details softened (a bit more then the norm in this case) but was there a change in the sculpt?

Been mostly off the grid for the last couple weeks and I just got to catching up on this thread. Still pretty torn on this fig. There are a good handful of upsides and possibly even more downsides than that. The variation in pics and video aren't curing my confusion but I'm happy to hear that most feel the pics don't do it justice. It's plain enough to see that it's a further throw from the proto than anyone was hoping for, but if it looks better in hand as some say then I'll pull the trigger.

I'm going to local shop tonight to see it on display. Fingers crossed that it'll pull me back in....

Maybe it'll be more palatable with a discount? :duff

This pic is off topic but I put the Commando head on my rebuilt Dutch figure. This whole new look is taking me awhile to get used to but I like it a lot better from the old and tiny Dutch.

image.jpg

Back