1/6 Hot Toys - MMS276 - Commando: John Matrix Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:smooch:

Seriously though, glad that's ironed out, and I'm sorry as well. Maybe this place isn't as bad as I thought if people like you and I can actually admit to their wrongdoings and *gasp* actually apologize for it! :D

It's great, I far prefer this to the stress of trying to one-up someone with a better insult and pretending to be aloof about it all :lol :peace

Okay, after acquiring Matrix, I'm also considering eventually picking up the the "battle damaged" Police Station Shootout T-800, the one with the two heads with the light-up eyes. Does anyone have that one and would be willing to give me their honest opinion of it? I'm totally happy with the Arnie likeness of the Commando fig but I've seen pics of the T-800 that look varying degrees of off, from "that looks pretty decent" to "who the hell is that supposed to be?"

The pic posted above by Nailz looks to fall somewhere in the middle, although I think he'd look better when his shades.

You like the Commando likeness and I happen to think the sculpts on this figure and the Police Shootout T-800 look very similar, like as though the latter was used as reference when John Matrix was being sculpted. In the T-800's case you can put the Gargoyles on, if for example you think the eye is throwing it off. And the other head has the beautifully detailed exposed endoskeleton which might compensate for likeness shortcomings there.

As Olbertfrog said though the body on the T-800 is just too small. They made the heads bigger than any previous Terminator head but didn't correspondingly make the body larger. Instead they just reused a previous one and it threw off the proportions - which is really unfortunate because a figure based on The Terminator should in fact be larger than any other as this was close to Arnold's peak bodybuilding time - instead it winds up looking the wimpiest. For some people that was entirely a deal breaker. For others we went the kitbashing/customising route to make him bigger.
On the other hand if you don't have any other T-800 figures the size discrepancy won't necessarily be so apparent and you might not care. In that scenario there's some simple improvements you can make such as stuffing cotton wool down the sides of his neck to make it wider or padding out his waist a bit as it too is on the thin side. People have done those simple mods and been completely happy with it.

just got my printed backdrop, havent posed him to bring his left arm to hold the rocket launcher because doesnt seem possible so I thought id come here and look for pics......but if anyone has pics handy that would be great if you could repost them and save me a little time.

View attachment 208616

This is the best I got, when I tried different poses when I received this figure:

DSC_0316 (5).jpgDSC_0328 (7).jpg

This is the best I got, when I tried different poses when I received this figure:

View attachment 208674View attachment 208675

dang man, how the hell did you that. I was convinced the pics on the ssc website were photoshopped. I took off the claymore bags, and I still couldnt get it anywhere close. Now ur gonna make me try again. I mean the whole reason I had the backdrop made was for that pose. Thanks for the pic, gonna give'r another try.

If this gets a discount I could see myself picking it up and replacing the body with a third party muscle one. The physique isn't as important with the vest on, it counts when it's off, something I wouldn't display.

dang man, how the hell did you that. I was convinced the pics on the ssc website were photoshopped. I took off the claymore bags, and I still couldnt get it anywhere close. Now ur gonna make me try again. I mean the whole reason I had the backdrop made was for that pose. Thanks for the pic, gonna give'r another try.

Your welcome.
When I get a new figure, I do a little photoshoot and I always try to get different poses out of it, same with Matrix, he is kinda hard to pose up, but certain poses sure are posssible.

Here are some of my other pics I posted a while back in this thread

I bought Arnie a new toy!! not that he needed it. But couldnt help it. The little metal bullets were a B*#ch to put together but way better than the plastic belt it came with. (and yes I know its missing the front grip, but the only ones that had it were crappy looking)

20150908_190722_resized.jpg

20150908_190342_resized.jpg

Got my Matrix.
Not overwhelmed with joy but its a cool figure still.
The HS is so so, the passive look is getting Old on HT sculpts.
It looks better in hand than in most pics (also its cool that HT is adding those little pads inside the hs to not scratch the neck)
Dunno if im getting obsessed but i still find the ratio body head wrong.
Body is not buff and tall enough, or head a tad too big.
And no way to beef up the neck with that rubber body...
Speaking of the body, the sculpt is awesome but making the chest as one part is a mistake for me.
Im not buying statues, i want articulation.
They could have done like the ttm19, rubber chest with hard plastic ABS, two parts with a sculpt that still look good without the vest, keeping the rubber arms wich look good.
I removed the Cotton from the collar of the vest, looks better without it, easier to fold if one wants to.
An ok figure it would shine with a better and more proportioned sculpt, i hope sdabbs Will be the one :)

i also tought that he was a bit girafe necked, just a tiny bit.
I removed the inner head plug and surprise there is a little plastic Disc that is inserted between the neck plug and the head.
Its not even glued, looks like a last minute addition.
Head looks bit better on body without it.

I compared ttm20 body with the matrix body.
Height wise they are very close.
Matrix has bigger chest (close to the mms117/136 bodies) bigger arms.
But its not a huge difference.
Matrix hs and the mms238 bdt800 are quasi identical size wise.
The bigger neck chest and arms of matrix body work better than the body used for mms238 bdt800 but basically its once again a body too small , head too big mistake.
Not as embarrassing as the bdt800 fiasco but still... Annoying that they are not getting it right.

Last edited:
Back