1/6 Hot Toys - MMS276 - Commando: John Matrix Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm right there with you man. Preorder placed. Didn't even have to think twice on it.

Is it possible to pop off the rubber arms and put on pose-able arms? It was one of the things I didn't like on Dutch, or are we going to have to get like a new body all together, if so what would be a good alternative?

I just started trying some of the kaustic plastik bodies. I really like the kp02 for Arnold figures. Pretty cost effective too.

I just started trying some of the kaustic plastik bodies. I really like the kp02 for Arnold figures. Pretty cost effective too.
Do you think it's a big enough body for John Matrix? Arnold was pretty huge in that; from my limited experience this Commando body is a custom piece just for Arnold.

Also, so KP bodies take HT wristpegs? I don't like the way theirs look.

From a bit of looking, I can't say any of the surrogate muscular bodies really get the broad shoulder/tapered torso that Arnie had in Commando, something the one on the HT figure captures.

Do you think it's a big enough body for John Matrix? Arnold was pretty huge in that; from my limited experience this Commando body is a custom piece just for Arnold.

Also, so KP bodies take HT wristpegs? I don't like the way theirs look.

The body I used looks better for a Conan Arnold (which is what it was design for) but I liked it enough for his terminator look as well. It is a bit shorter than the ttm20 but I really like the sculpted thighs. They give with a better look under pants imo. I haven't tried swapping the wrist pegs as I wasn't bithered by theirs. I'll let you know after I do some tinkering.

Not sure if I should be worried about the arms on this guy with the recent Thor problems.

That said, I've had Dutch since he came out with no problems. But that is probably down to never bending his arms, Ever. And I don't really wanna do that with matrix. I must admit when this was first shown, I loved it but I wish it came with jointed, plastic muscle body arms.

Not sure if I should be worried about the arms on this guy with the recent Thor problems.

That said, I've had Dutch since he came out with no problems. But that is probably down to never bending his arms, Ever. And I don't really wanna do that with matrix. I must admit when this was first shown, I loved it but I wish it came with jointed, plastic muscle body arms.

Pretty much my story exactly, my dutch is still mint, but I recently put him back into his box for safe keeping as I did have my Chris Redfield's one elbow split about a month ago after having him on display for 6 years, arms weren't even bent:slap

There's no way I could pass on this Commando rubber arms or not, but I wish there were jointed, especially since the joints would be easily hidden with the war paint anyway!

Sorry to hear about your redfield!

If matrix arms do ever split, I think I'll swap them out for some plastic ones.

Sorry to hear about your redfield!

If matrix arms do ever split, I think I'll swap them out for some plastic ones.

Thanks, not to bad considering I've been collecting hot toys for the past 6-7 years, one split doesn't put me off hot toys, but I would rather avoid figures with rubber when possible.

Cant wait for this guy! I will change the arms though. Does anyone know which bodytype from the true bodys or any other company would be suitable?

yeah the arms make me nervous too as i will most likely have them posed in 1 pose for a long time. Switching the arms out sounds good but then they would need to be painted with camoflage. Not sure i am up to camoing arms myself.

For the Price of this piece they should have gotten it right
Things that put me off on this figure are:

Body is not buff enough.
molded boots, boot feet like the platoon figures would work.
wrong binoculars
The Price
Pants material looks cheap but i could be wrong.
The price

And of course HT wont change the body on this, their ignorant asses will use a rubber one with no regard for the consequences. I mean my god there is time to rethink this and do it right with a normal body before this comes out :slap

And of course HT wont change the body on this, their ignorant asses will use a rubber one with no regard for the consequences. I mean my god there is time to rethink this and do it right with a normal body before this comes out :slap

I don't get why they gave him rubber arms. Is it supposed to make it look more realistic? The main issue I have with those arms, is the lack of articulation. It's basically a statue, so what's the point of all those accessories? I hope they don't do that with Rambo if they make another figure.

I don't get why they gave him rubber arms. Is it supposed to make it look more realistic? The main issue I have with those arms, is the lack of articulation. It's basically a statue, so what's the point of all those accessories? I hope they don't do that with Rambo if they make another figure.

If they make him im sure they will use rubber, HT has some boner fetish with rubber. Like they think a rubber body/or using rubber materials makes a figure somehow superior :dunno

If they make him im sure they will use rubber, HT has some boner fetish with rubber. Like they think a rubber body/or using rubber materials makes a figure somehow superior :dunno

They made a muscular figure with fully-jointed arms, GI Joe Retaliation Roadblock.

They probably think that because he shelfwarmed hard collectors want seamless figures.

Back