1/6 Hot Toys - MMS276 - Commando: John Matrix Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my figure yesterday and opened today, and I have some many complaints. For starters the straps under his legs are almost impossible to hook together, I broke one loop trying. His straps for his binoculars are way too short. His Uzi want stay on his shoulder, and his left hand that all the promo pictures show holding the stray for the rocket launcher has his thumb and index finger fussed together, making it impossible for him to hold it unless you cut them apart. The bags for his Claymores are too small to put them in and having to take all his gear off to keep from staining the body every now and them is a huge bother. I really would have thought twice about ordering this figure if I knew then what I know now. I'm going to have to ask Sideshow for a replacement vest if I can't get unless I can get just the strap which I doubt.

Forget it, he's rolling.

attachment.php

:lol

:rotfl

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Dammit. I'll have to recognize you for your use of Animal House hijinks in the future. :duff

Just got my figure yesterday and opened today, and I have some many complaints. For starters the straps under his legs are almost impossible to hook together, I broke one loop trying. His straps for his binoculars are way too short. His Uzi want stay on his shoulder, and his left hand that all the promo pictures show holding the stray for the rocket launcher has his thumb and index finger fussed together, making it impossible for him to hold it unless you cut them apart. The bags for his Claymores are too small to put them in and having to take all his gear off to keep from staining the body every now and them is a huge bother. I really would have thought twice about ordering this figure if I knew then what I know now. I'm going to have to ask Sideshow for a replacement vest if I can't get unless I can get just the strap which I doubt.

I didn't really have any problem with the straps on the vest. The only thing that gave me a little trouble on the vest was getting it zipped up. For some reason i just could not get it to zipper at first. Took a while but i finally was able to get it. The binocular straps are kind of short so what i did was take the head off and put the binoculars on then put the head back on. I had the Uzi and the shotgun around his shoulders hanging on his back and they seemed to hold fine but i decided you couldn't really see them well since the were on his back so put the uzi and shotgun on the floor of the display so you can see them better. The Claymores do fit in the bags along with the detonator. I have one claymore and detonator in the bag around his shoulder. I just put the other claymore and bag in the display so you can actually see them. I did have to slice the thumb and index finger apart on the hand to get it to be able to hold the strap for the rocket launcher and no it shouldn't have come like that but it's not really a big deal to do just use a razor and be careful and it's really easy to do.
The big issue that i do agree with you is the vest possible staining the body. It even says in the instructions that come with it that you shouldn't leave the vest on for extended periods of time or it might stain the body. But for me i really only plan on displaying him with the vest on and all the equipment on so i'm not that worried if it does get stained. But i can see it being a problem for anyone who does like to change up how they are going to display this figure. That's the only real issue i have though.

So I just got thus in the mail...I find it interesting the figure in hand does not resemble the majority of the pics in this thread. I'm satisfied with his it turned out. Finally have an arnie.

So I just got thus in the mail...I find it interesting the figure in hand does not resemble the majority of the pics in this thread. I'm satisfied with his it turned out. Finally have an arnie.

almost every pic is disappointing if not off by some reason, in hand its Arnie all the way. Like someone mentioned earlier lighting work wonders on this guy (well direct led lighting)

From memory all the straps, including the binoculars are adjustable. The clips you do have to be careful with. The zip is typical of other jackets, although I can't talk from my own experience trying to do it up. I got the mrs to do it..

Got mine today. Overall I love it, and I have to agree that it looks f'in amazing in-hand. The likeness to Arnie is fantastic...the people who are whining either haven't seen the figure in-person or they're looking at pics taken by poor photographers. It may look slightly different from the prototype, but it's still great.

And the sheer amount of STUFF that Matrix has is insane. I mean, his accessories do things that you didn't even see them do in the movie, like the working collapsible stock on the uzi or the extendable bipod on the machine gun (which also has a removable clip with a painted bullet inside). The missile launcher has an extendable viewfinder with a flip-up lens cover and extendable barrels and yes, the claymore mines and their detonators fit fine into the satchels with just a wee little effort. Even his big knife sheath is removable like it was in the tool shed scene (but alas, no buzz saw blades) and the shotgun shells on his vest are all actually individually removable pieces and the ammo pouches all open (although they just have foam pads inside).

The clasps on the groin straps do feel delicate, but as long as you're careful, they should be fine. I had no problems attaching mine, although I am worried about possibly removing them in the future.

The only complaints I have it that it's difficult - hell, almost impossible - to zip his vest up all the way. It's just too tight near the top. And the dual knife sheaths on his back are a bit snug, leading to concern that they could wear if you take the knives in and out often. And yeah, the one gripping hand ideal for holding the rocket launcher strap has the fingers fused together when they shouldn't be, but he has another gripping hand that works well enough.

And it sucks major butthole that the vest may stain the body if left on for extended periods, but I intend to display him with the vest on anyway, so whatever. Still, I wonder if there's a way to put something underneath the vest (between it and Matrix's "skin") to shield from any staining effects.

Anyway, this is my first-ever Hot Toys figure, and I'm way loving it. Totally meets and even exceeds my expectations. John Matrix is a masterpiece.
IMG_20150905_203919.jpgIMG_20150905_204245.jpgIMG_20150905_203943.jpgIMG_20150905_204224.jpgIMG_20150905_203648.jpgIMG_20150905_204028.jpg

almost every pic is disappointing if not off by some reason, in hand its Arnie all the way. Like someone mentioned earlier lighting work wonders on this guy (well direct led lighting)

As an overall response to this and similar comments - if it really looked like Arnie, it would look like Arnie in pics. There is no reason it wouldn't. Some sculpts, like say, The Mandarin, or Platoon Sergeant Barnes, DX14 Joker, Enterbay BD T-800 (jumping up a scale I grant you) all look like who they are supposed to be whether it's in person or in pictures - why wouldn't this Arnie figure - if indeed it truly does capture Arnie - look like him in photographs? It makes no sense.

Methinks a lot of people are experiencing the understandable effect of NewToyExcitment. I'm very susceptible to it myself. However, more often than not, time will bear out the initial impression of 'wow, they done ****ed this one up'. It has happened to me time and time again.

Anyway, that's all I'll say, I see that a few of you are done with the negativity this thread had been producing. This is how I feel, I'll say it now, and I'm out.

Honestly, I wanted to chime in here about the Matrix figure and how much I enjoy it, but I'm starting to doubt that I'll ever post here again.

Out of all the forums I've ever seen, this one contains the most nit-picking crybabies I've ever seen. It's like a huge chunk of you are just on the lookout for anything and everything they can arrogantly moan and whine about.

I honestly think that the people who are hating on this figure are delusional...sorry, but it DOES looks like Arnie and is an overall great figure- get over it. Hell, if you don't own the figure then your opinion on how good it is doesn't even matter.

The behavior here is incredibly off-putting to newbies; it's something I'd expect at a place like GameFaqs. If people enjoy their Matrix figure, let them enjoy it. Stop trying to "convince" them that they're wrong.

Grow up.

Hah, glad you edited out some of the namecalling in your post before telling others (me, presumably, as the more recent poster) to grow up. That would have worked against you. Anyway, g'night.

I don't have this figure
But, based on pics, this is 100% arnie
It's not dx 13 arnie, but is the next one up

Honestly, I wanted to chime in here about the Matrix figure and how much I enjoy it, but I'm starting to doubt that I'll ever post here again.

Out of all the forums I've ever seen, this one contains the most nit-picking crybabies I've ever seen. It's like a huge chunk of you are just on the lookout for anything and everything they can arrogantly moan and whine about.

I honestly think that the people who are hating on this figure are delusional...sorry, but it DOES looks like Arnie and is an overall great figure- get over it. Hell, if you don't own the figure then your opinion on how good it is doesn't even matter.

The behavior here is incredibly off-putting to newbies; it's something I'd expect at a place like GameFaqs. If people enjoy their Matrix figure, let them enjoy it. Stop trying to "convince" them that they're wrong.

Grow up.

Everything here is nothing compared everything happens in Star Wars section :lol Glad you enjoy, its amazing piece indeed

Back