1/6 Hot Toys - MMS275 -John Blake/ Jim Gordon with Bat-Signal Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took three years of Spanish in High School, and the extent of that knowledge is basically my being able to point at a line of dialogue from Breaking Bad and be like...

tumblr_inline_nenq4hMoQA1sb080b.gif

That was just supplemental, too, so, I can only imagine having the responsibility of being the bridge between two worlds, essentially. That being said, I do agree with DiFabio that being bilingual is a gift.

Yeah, its not like I'm not grateful it can just be really abused. In highschool a kid was almost expelled because he couldn't speak English and said the wrong English thing I had to translate and things turned out ok for him, but if not for me, things would of been way worse for that guy.

$420 isn't THAT bad is it? People were expecting much worse.

Nope, it isn't. But one figure features an old sculpt that's been repainted and the other figure is of one of the more divisive characters in Batman movies. People also are annoyed they can't get the Signal separately or Gordon and the Signal.

Courtesy of Budget Stark.

Edit: Stark says the Gordon sculpt may indeed be a new one. Can anyone confirm?

According to the product page on Hot Toys own site, it's not a new sculpt. They specifically call out Blake as a new sculpt and for Gordon they mention only clothing and accessories, but not the sculpt.

According to the product page on Hot Toys own site, it's not a new sculpt. They specifically call out Blake as a new sculpt and for Gordon they mention only clothing and accessories, but not the sculpt.

Thanks, that's what I thought. It looked so much like the SWAT Gordon, but I don't own that figure and I didn't want to spread misinformation. At least not any more than I usually do. :lol

Nope, it isn't. But one figure features an old sculpt that's been repainted and the other figure is of one of the more divisive characters in Batman movies. People also are annoyed they can't get the Signal separately or Gordon and the Signal.

Courtesy of Budget Stark.

Thanks for posting that vid. The set looks decent though not worth $400 for sure. Again, the pants make them both look doll-ish because of the way they are tailored, the underlying joints get very very pronounced to the point where you see a huge gap between the femurs thus making them look doll-ish. Wish they had the pants tailored the way they normally did with previous releases.

Yeah gonna buy this one...sell off the Blake Figure for sure tho.

Does indeed look much smaller and the bat symbol doesn't float above the bat signal either.

2prfr49.jpg

Judging from that photo, I think the batsignal in the movie is raised on some sort of pedestal or concrete platform or summat since the bottom bit of the light housing is about waist high in that photo. I think the size is pretty spot on.

hhmm depends on when this comes out, I guess I'll use the bat armory as a gauge on weather to pre order this or wait this out for next years spook. If armory goes on sale before this comes out there is a big chance well see a discount on the blake set in the future.

or wait this out for next years spook.

We'll have to wait until after that as they won't do the double rewards and 30% discounts on something released only a month before the Spook event. If there are any still left the following year you can expect steep discounts though.

Judging from that photo, I think the batsignal in the movie is raised on some sort of pedestal or concrete platform or summat since the bottom bit of the light housing is about waist high in that photo. I think the size is pretty spot on.

Yeah, the light itself seems to be about half Jim's size and so does the HT one.

Back