1/6 Hot Toys - MMS275 -John Blake/ Jim Gordon with Bat-Signal Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - TDKR - Batman Spotlight w/ Robin and Gordan

I hope this will be available without the magic eyes-dude.. I'm only interested in Gordon and the bat signal spotlight.

Yeah, I don't get the animosity.

I like seeing (and dishing out) a good TDKR ribbin' as much as the next guy, but to categorize all the Nolan Batman films as "garbage" is pretty extreme. Last time I checked, Begins and Dark Knight were pretty damn good , but maybe I'm wrong?

This year, all the Batman fans have gotten what they wanted. We got comics, Dark Knight Returns, Burton Batman, Nolan Batman, Animated Series, Arkham and frickin' '89 NES games toys. Let's curb it with the "this sucks, this is better" crap and be happy.

And don't forget '66 Batman. Mattel is finally rounding out that line with a Batgirl. But yeah, I agree. One of the great things about Batman is that he can hold up to constant reinvention. I'm a fan of the entire history of the Caped Crusader, but I understand that certain people only like certain incarnations, and that's fine. But all the hate about which version is better is pointless. We all have our favorites, and I don't think there's any wrong version to like best. They're just going to reinvent him again anyway.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - TDKR - Batman Spotlight w/ Robin and Gordon

I kit bashed a Gordon together a few months ago and I am pretty happy with the results.

7146B904-138F-414F-A63A-E62BDB80D57A.jpg

6ac1a043-6885-42da-b6d7-c8c958f70d2e.jpg

My recipe:

-Hot Toys Gordon head and glasses
-Hot Toys regular True Type
-Hot Toys T-1000 pants and gun
-Hot Toys the wolverine dress shoes and socks
-ZCWO Mens Hommes Volume 8 shirt, vest, jacket, scarf and belt
-Tie from the Pop Toys Guardian Alfred set

I like this one shown at SDCC but don't really need it now. Mine isn't screen accurate but looks good to me anyway.

Hoping I can get the signal on it's own but will get it with Gordon if I have to. I refuse to buy Blake though.

To be honest i'm getting this purely for Gordon and the Bat-Signal, i can totally do without Blake and i've already bashed Lucius and was going to do Gordon next anyways, It's just easier this way.

I'll sell Blake, somebody somewhere will want him.

I was just already returning the favor to all the Nolanites that troll the Burton threads :nana:
If anything the Burton fans are way worse. I don't know how many times there'd be a thread for a new figure totally unrelated to Batman and some Burton fan would make a post like "Hot Toys gives us this but still no Batman Returns" that got old fast.

If anything the Burton fans are way worse. I don't know how many times there'd be a thread for a new figure totally unrelated to Batman and some Burton fan would make a post like "Hot Toys gives us this but still no Batman Returns" that got old fast.

I can't even count the times where there is a thread that has something to do with Burton's Batman and a Nolanite would go in there and brag how he thinks Ledger was so awesome and Nicholson sucked. I don't know which side is worse, or what side threw the first punch. All I know is I'm not going to stop punching.

Ok, maybe this is wishful thinking because I really was hoping the Batsignal was going to be a BB release. As the armory is TDK and the vault will be TDKR. Guessing by the Robin and the corrosion on the batsignal it is most likely TDKR but why do I think I see Lt. Jim Gordon in the pic below.

Batsignal.jpg

Is the Bat Armory really on top of a white box? Lol, cheap bastards.

So, no modified cowl, it seems. Glad I cancelled that.

I can't even count the times where there is a thread that has something to do with Burton's Batman and a Nolanite would go in there and brag how he thinks Ledger was so awesome and Nicholson sucked. I don't know which side is worse, or what side threw the first punch. All I know is I'm not going to stop punching.
Or you know just stop acting childish in general. Honestly who really cares? Both sides are getting figures and both sides have fans. It's stupid to argue about which is beter.

Is it still the same Gordon sculpt?
The first sculpt from the Toy Fair figure is absolutely great if you ask me. I honestly wouldn't mind too much if this is a repaint.

Yep that says lieutenant. TDK.

He's Lt. at the end of BB too but I'm guessing it's a mistake as the jacket fits with TDKR and so does the shiny new section of the batsignal added to the old corroded one, as in the end scene in TDKR. Was really hoping for a BB release as I just wanted the Batsignal to display with the BB Batman.

A previous picture shows DARK KNIGHT on the stand so was going to be TDK or TDKR. :)

Back